Thread: Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions merge!

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Cool Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions merge!

(you need an account to see links)

As of today June 7, the two versions of what some consider the most successful game of all time have been smooshed-together into Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC.
    "That's some inspired naming right there. This gives purchasers access to both editions of the game, and is now the "only offering of vanilla Minecraft on Windows PC.
    Of course, you will be able to cross-play with either Java or Bedrock players by launching whichever edition your friends are playing."

and now, the important stuff
    Players who already own one of the versions of the game will be upgraded to the duo-pack edition.
    Mojang says this may take a few days to completely roll out, but all owners of the game should find the new package appears automatically in their Minecraft Launcher over the next few days.

(you need an account to see links)
    reference image

"To be clear, Java and Bedrock will remain separate games with their own distinctive features," says Mojang in the blogpost announcing the change. "The only difference is that now you get both by default when buying Minecraft for your Windows PC, and access them both from the same launcher."

So yeah! any minecraft fans here? I'm used to play minecraft as an escape from work/competitive games and I'm really gonna enjoy java for the first time <3

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evangelion For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-07-2022),EnderTheory (06-07-2022),♥ Rokon ♥ (06-07-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Oh. That'll make things a lot less confusing when my friends and I get the Minecraft bug. Sometimes we go with java to add in mods, and other times someone will prefer simply bedrock for other reasons altogether and it's a bit like wrangling cats getting everyone to find and download the correct version.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Evangelion (06-07-2022)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    Oh. That'll make things a lot less confusing when my friends and I get the Minecraft bug. Sometimes we go with java to add in mods, and other times someone will prefer simply bedrock for other reasons altogether and it's a bit like wrangling cats getting everyone to find and download the correct version.
    Now its more easier to play with friends since if someone doesnt like bedrock/java features or one specific person wants to have shaders
    they all can play on the version they like and enjoy the same realm/dedicated server.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Excellent news (although for me, I already had both versions anyway). I used to play Minecraft a lot, especially the last couple of years. I was a part of a couple of Aussie servers with some amazing people, but they have since almost died off due to lack of interest/half arsed updates by Microsoft.

I am glad to see that the 1.19 update is now released, so I might jump back in and give it another shot. We should set up a cK Minecraft server (if there isn't one already?). Might be able to get enough interest here to get one going

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It'll be nice to have access to Bedrock edition as well! I like to play both vanilla and Pixelmon (I've been playing Pixelmon again lately with the newer updates) and make custom textures for Pixelmon in Blender.

A cK Minecraft server sounds like lots of fun!

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!