Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is the Neo interface these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    The site being half old pages and half new is kind of annoying but easy enough to work around. The most frustrating thing for me is the lack of links to certain pages. Like if you want to change your avatar and font, I can’t seem to find my way there to change it but there is a post on the avatars/neosignatures board that keeps a link there for people to use.

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Honestly I've gotten used to this weird UI flux since it's been this way for uhhhh two years? Most of the updates seem to be for seasonal events - like, they rolled out a new mobile-friendly UI for the Festival of Neggs this year.

I use /~ixiniva for a lot of my dailies if I do them manually - it's got almost everything you'd do on a daily basis.

I also use a hefty amount of userscripts lol. Neopets is a functioning website /s

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Tbh I really hate the mobile layout. I like that at first when they rolled it out it was an option but now you have to use it. It just looks terrible and any page that still has the older layout I just sigh with relief. I really wish they would give us older players an option to keep older looks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adamj95 View Post
    The site being half old pages and half new is kind of annoying but easy enough to work around. The most frustrating thing for me is the lack of links to certain pages. Like if you want to change your avatar and font, I can’t seem to find my way there to change it but there is a post on the avatars/neosignatures board that keeps a link there for people to use.
    I found that on the new mobile website if you click your active pet image at the top left and then go to my profile on that page that loads it has a link at the top for Neoboard preferences c:

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

charmed (06-06-2022),kittyray (06-06-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Just as Hollow said, the page looks broken.
    It works tho, but they can definitely do something better, IDK why they're so slow with all the process

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

John (06-07-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by adamj95 View Post
    I believe specifically with NB preferences they addressed this by big (ugly) sidebar > settings gear dropdown arrow > NB preferences! So there is now a somewhat direct link to it using the new UI but yeah, wow do we still hate everything haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    7d 9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I've been back a few weeks, the pages being half updated are weird but... you do get used to it!

Restocking is still similar, I'm enjoying the clear thing they've added as it wasn't there when I last played (it was just all those restocking helped with clearing) but given how dead the site is compared to back in the day, I'm stumped as to why I get pretty much nothing of any value. I even got fed up and tried the autobuyer and even that, anything worth 250k+ I'm not getting. 20+ items failed with 1 200k profit, so that's not really making any sense (especially with 250mbps connection speed).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to r56 For This Useful Post:

John (06-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    46d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 10m
    I actually don't think it's too bad. I use one of the darker themes so it's easier on the eyes. I like that the board fonts are actually readable on mobile!