Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ๐ŸŒˆ Happy 2nd "We Can Say Gay on the NeoBoards" Month!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    <_< So... I'm going to be a bit in the opposite direction of everyone else here but I used to be one of those kids in primary school that called people gay or retards because it seemed popular at the time. Can't say that I'm pleased with younger me for essentially putting someone else down to make myself feel better...

It's tough enough growing up but also having identity issues on top of that. I probably made it harder on them so I have since apologised to a lot of those people and I hope that my ignorance doesn't harm more people in the future. (Not trying to make an excuse for myself. Ignorance isn't an excuse for doing something malicious or harmful)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firedrops For This Useful Post:

charmed (06-04-2022),Emerchy (06-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by firedrops View Post
    <_< So... I'm going to be a bit in the opposite direction of everyone else here but I used to be one of those kids in primary school that called people gay or retards because it seemed popular at the time. Can't say that I'm pleased with younger me for essentially putting someone else down to make myself feel better...

It's tough enough growing up but also having identity issues on top of that. I probably made it harder on them so I have since apologised to a lot of those people and I hope that my ignorance doesn't harm more people in the future. (Not trying to make an excuse for myself. Ignorance isn't an excuse for doing something malicious or harmful)
    People are capable of change and it seems like you have grown in this aspect. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, it takes a strong person to be able to apologize to those they have hurt in the past.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    11h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Happy pride!
    I hope everyone - trans, gay, out, closeted, ace, bi, etc. have a great year!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Klimate For This Useful Post:

distanthunder (06-05-2022)

Pronouns
    ๐Ÿƒโณ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    My girlfriend came out to me as trans about two years ago, and since then she's been really undecided on whether or not she would like to physically transition due to factors like money, her age, what her family might think, and so on. I've been extremely supportive of her even though it has been breaking my heart to know she's in a body that doesn't reflect who she really is. The good news is more recently she's begun doing little bits and pieces more for herself regarding clothes and accessories. She never wears them out of the house, but seeing her eyes light up when she picks out something more "her style" gives me the warm fuzzies.

Even if she doesn't ever decide to fully transition, she and I have been using online gaming as a way for her to explore who she really is. Stuff like glamour in FFXIV, playing around together in Second Life, even just designing outfits and characters together that are based on who she would like to be someday. She's the happiest I've ever seen her even despite the difficulties. I love her so damn much
    Last edited by Serebii; 06-05-2022 at 10:20 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-05-2022),distanthunder (06-05-2022),Druid (06-05-2022),Emerchy (06-05-2022),EnderTheory (06-06-2022)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    MEven if she doesn't ever decide to fully transition, she and I have been using online gaming as a way for her to explore who she really is. Stuff like glamour in FFXIV, playing around together in Second Life, even just designing outfits and characters together that are based on who she would like to be someday. She's the happiest I've ever seen her even despite the difficulties. I love her so damn much
    I love this idea! Biohacking, kind of. I always played games as fully glamorous ladies in the skimpiest bikinis possible - I honestly should have realized I was gay WAY earlier. ๐Ÿคฃ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    ๐Ÿƒโณ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    I love this idea! Biohacking, kind of. I always played games as fully glamorous ladies in the skimpiest bikinis possible - I honestly should have realized I was gay WAY earlier. ๐Ÿคฃ
    Haha. Right? Looking back at things you did or were interested in as a kid it's a wonder you never recognized the signs sooner. It's a similar story for me realizing I was bi.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    HAPPY PRIDE!

- - - Updated - - -

HAPPY PRIDE!

Pronouns
    they/he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    My girlfriend came out to me as trans about two years ago, and since then she's been really undecided on whether or not she would like to physically transition due to factors like money, her age, what her family might think, and so on. I've been extremely supportive of her even though it has been breaking my heart to know she's in a body that doesn't reflect who she really is. The good news is more recently she's begun doing little bits and pieces more for herself regarding clothes and accessories. She never wears them out of the house, but seeing her eyes light up when she picks out something more "her style" gives me the warm fuzzies.

Even if she doesn't ever decide to fully transition, she and I have been using online gaming as a way for her to explore who she really is. Stuff like glamour in FFXIV, playing around together in Second Life, even just designing outfits and characters together that are based on who she would like to be someday. She's the happiest I've ever seen her even despite the difficulties. I love her so damn much
    Transitioning looks different for everyone. Iโ€™m glad she has someone supportive in her corner.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Kind of iconic that Shenkuu's team captain is gay, and kind of hoping team ck is Shenkuu because of it!

As someone who's gay, I'm super lucky that the friends I've had around me have always been supportive, open minded, and educated about being in the community. Some of my closest friends are queer and I love that I've been able to stay educated and that we can celebrate our sexuality comfortably together!

Unfortunately, my dad isn't very supportive of queer people in general, we've had arguments about everything from my friends (he thought the gay would "rub off" on me), me wearing earrings (thought I looked like a girl), to why I don't bring girls home (I LIKE MEN!). I always told myself that I'd tell my dad when I eventually move out of the house; and I'm finally moving out later this week! But now that the time has come, I'm having an internal debate on whether or not I actually want to come out to him or not. We had a big fight a couple years back and to paraphrase, he said something among the lines of his dreams in life being seeing me getting married, having kids, and that if he wasn't able to realize those, that he might as well be dead. Hearing him say that kind of shook me, because I love my dad and am grateful and understand that he's sacrificed so much to give me the life that I have. But I feel like my sexuality is a part of my identity and my happiness and isn't something that I'd "choose" (obviously sexuality is not a choice!) to give up. I'd like to come out to him, but part of me is scared of what might happen when I leave home & what he might do to himself; but this whole thing has been such a huge weight on my shoulders. I'd like to hope and think that ultimately he'd accept me for who I am, but I just don't know.

So I guess my personal win this month is that I can finally move out and feel more free to be me! Looking forward to the emotional freedom I'll have and being able to celebrate Pride Month with the homies this year

Happy Pride cK!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

distanthunder (06-06-2022),kittyray (06-06-2022)

Pronouns
    ๐Ÿƒโณ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by gayblayde View Post
    Transitioning looks different for everyone. Iโ€™m glad she has someone supportive in her corner.
    It's been an interesting journey, but I'm so happy she trusts in me enough to help her walk this path.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

distanthunder (06-06-2022),kittyray (06-06-2022)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast