Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share some of your shiny finds! Also, if you could change any shiny color, what would it be?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Share some of your shiny finds! Also, if you could change any shiny color, what would it be?

Anything from outbreaks/mass outbreaks to soft-resetting, the masuda method, random encounters, chaining, hordes, etc.!

(you need an account to see links)

Are there any shiny finds you've been super proud of, and which game did you encounter them in? Still hunting for anything?

Additionally, if you could change the shiny color of any Pokemon (or a few!), what would you change it to?

--------------------------------------------

In terms of shiny encounters for me, I think I'm most proud of the shiny Magikarp I found while searching for Feebas after resetting my game in Pokemon Ruby, the shiny Seviper I found in a friend safari in X/Y, and the shiny Zorua/alpha Misdreavus I found in Legends: Arceus.

I'd love to encounter a shiny Spiritomb in Legends: Arceus, but that will take some time

With shiny colors, I do wish Espeon was something other than green (maybe something like yellow or light blue?) and Golduck was yellow, since shiny Psyduck is blue.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderTheory For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (05-29-2022),Zenitsu (05-28-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I tend to hunt a lot in LGPE and I've caught literally almost everything shiny that is possible at this point. I really like dragonite and nidoking so I tend to hunt those two a lot for funsies. This where most of my hunts come from anymore, but I do still hunt in gen 6 and 7 for fun.
    I have god egg so I just mostly clone shinies once I put them in sword and shield. (I also have a power save so I can mass clone my old events on 3ds while giving them unique home IDs during importing and giving them away enmasse)

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-28-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (05-29-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I tend to hunt a lot in LGPE and I've caught literally almost everything shiny that is possible at this point. I really like dragonite and nidoking so I tend to hunt those two a lot for funsies. This where most of my hunts come from anymore, but I do still hunt in gen 6 and 7 for fun.
    I have god egg so I just mostly clone shinies once I put them in sword and shield. (I also have a power save so I can mass clone my old events on 3ds while giving them unique home IDs during importing and giving them away enmasse)
    Nice!! I've never personally played Sword & Shield, but I've been thinking about getting it for my switch lite at some point.

I completely forgot about power saves! I have one as well but haven't used it in a while, I remember someone in voice chat on X/Y was showing me their shiny Xerneas and then explained power saves to me, so I went and picked one up. I used to mass clone boxes of stuff like shiny Quagsires with goofy nicknames to wondertrade to people.

Garfunkle the Ryu

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderTheory View Post
    Nice!! I've never personally played Sword & Shield, but I've been thinking about getting it for my switch lite at some point.

I completely forgot about power saves! I have one as well but haven't used it in a while, I remember someone in voice chat on X/Y was showing me their shiny Xerneas and then explained power saves to me, so I went and picked one up. I used to mass clone boxes of stuff like shiny Quagsires with goofy nicknames to wondertrade to people.
    I don't have a switch subscription right now so I can't offer anything there, but if you want something from X/Y altered or a few cloned events tossed at you let me know. I can send them from US/UM or regular sun and moon also. ORAS too but that's compatible with X/Y so there's not a huge difference there. (free btw I don't really charge for them.)

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-28-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I've been replaying ORAS and randomly hatched a shiny Feebas while hatching eggs for a 5IV one.

In Legends Arceus I have 3 shiny Zubat, and shiny Vespiquen, Buizel, Gastly

In SW/SH I got a shiny Rowlet.

In bdsp I came across a shiny Pelliper and another shiny Feebas while hatching eggs.

Funny thing is, growing up playing pokemon I NEVER came across a shiny and I played more religiously then than I do now. If I were to change a shiny it would be Gible/Garchomp, Gastly/Gengar. The colors don't look all that different....just a different shade :/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-29-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (05-29-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    I've been replaying ORAS and randomly hatched a shiny Feebas while hatching eggs for a 5IV one.

In Legends Arceus I have 3 shiny Zubat, and shiny Vespiquen, Buizel, Gastly

In SW/SH I got a shiny Rowlet.

In bdsp I came across a shiny Pelliper and another shiny Feebas while hatching eggs.

Funny thing is, growing up playing pokemon I NEVER came across a shiny and I played more religiously then than I do now. If I were to change a shiny it would be Gible/Garchomp, Gastly/Gengar. The colors don't look all that different....just a different shade :/
    Oh I 100% feel that with playing the games a lot more religiously growing up and never finding a shiny that way. Also yeah, I always wished Garchomp had a more distinct shiny, as well as Gengar at least Mega Gengar is pretty neat!

The one shiny I keep running into with Legends Arceus is Haunter, I've found 3-4 of those so far and have given away most of them to friends/my brother. Did you end up using the shiny Feebas from ORAS on your team? Also wow, a shiny Rowlet :o I don't know anyone who has found one of those before!

Garfunkle the Ryu

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderTheory View Post
    Oh I 100% feel that with playing the games a lot more religiously growing up and never finding a shiny that way. Also yeah, I always wished Garchomp had a more distinct shiny, as well as Gengar at least Mega Gengar is pretty neat!

The one shiny I keep running into with Legends Arceus is Haunter, I've found 3-4 of those so far and have given away most of them to friends/my brother. Did you end up using the shiny Feebas from ORAS on your team? Also wow, a shiny Rowlet :o I don't know anyone who has found one of those before!
    Oh whoops, I meant shiny Rufflet. Not as exciting as Rowlet tbh

Unfortunately I'm already postgame in ORAS and have been IV breeding. Shiny Feebas was one IV short I'm going to end up porting it to SW/SH or the new gen once they come out and use a bottle cap on it. & omg I feel the same about the repeat shinies in Arceus, that one is Zubat for me. At least they look cool!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m

Oh gosh when Pokémon Shield came out I remember freaking out when I saw what shiny Wooloo looked like on twitter and not wanting to progress too far without one. I spent the first two weeks just running in and out of that first patch of grass looking for one and when j found it I remember being on the phone with my husband and literally SCREAMING.

Two hours later I randomly encountered this friend:

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (06-03-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Haven't been too lucky or big on shiny hunting until Pokemon Let's Go.

My first ever shiny (besides gyarados in silver) was a Numel in Sapphire. Loved the hell out of that mon, got them ribbons in all the contests.

I wish Gengar's shiny colors could be updated, there is hardly a difference.

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

16. The Following User Says Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (06-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Shiny to change - Gengar... to literally any other color!

My first 2 shinies (besides my red gyarados in silver) were an Abra and a Dratini that I bought in the leaf green game corner. Converted all my money to coins, would buy them like 100 at a time, check for shinies, and then restart by Gambeboy Advance SP if no shinies. Took about 4 hours to get both of them.

In pearl, I completed 2 shiny chains:

- one for eevee, which I kept long enough to get every eeveelution (and still have a few spare leftover, 1 of which I made into a sylveon years late, and a few more that are still in pokemon home waiting for new eeveelutions)... Or maybe it took multiple chains in order to get that many... I don't 100% remember

- one for ponyta, which broke after 1 catch... But it was enough to get my shiny dreamie - Rapidash... It is quite literally the coolest shiny

In moon I caught a full odds shiny zubat (who is now a crobat) while randomly just trying to get through a cave

And, then, I've gotten a ton of other shinies that are given to us during normal playthrough, from PoGo, and from events, but these above are the ones that are truly special to me
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
    —Winnie the Pooh

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowhuntee For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (07-04-2022)