26/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

AutoHotKey script for Dice Escape

So I've been recently trying to semi-legit some avatars and high scores for flash and shockwave games, and happening upon Dice Escape, I realized the opportunity to just build a key-pusher script.

I used Jellyneo's Dice Escape guide ((you need an account to see links)) and wrote three different scripts that all play the game at slightly different speeds based on the pauses between simulated key presses.

All that you have to do is install AutoHotKey to your computer, and download this glorified txt file (it is labeled .AHK to be runnable by AutoHotKey). Once you launch the hotkey script, login to your neopets account in the browser you use to play shockwave games in (not just flash, as Dice Escape is one of the few games that specifically requires an older version of shockwave), and open the dice escape game. Once you are on the main menu screen, as soon as you hit "Start Game", press "Alt+J" on your keyboard to activate the AutoHotKey script trigger. As soon as you hit this key combo, the script will begin putting in a sequence of arrow key presses and space bar presses to advance to the next level. The one hitch that I have run into is with level 2: Occasionally (Read as 1 in 20-ish times) the teleporter is flopped to the opposite side from usual and this throws off my hardcoded script. If this occurs, kill AutoHotKey from your task bar, end the game to get back to the main menu, relaunch the hotkey script, and try again.

It seemed to be pretty reliable from my testing last night and I easily could have replaced any of the current high scores posted (especially considering how few people are actually playing the shockwave games).

When I wrote two subsequent alterations of the script to speed it up slightly, the final and fastest script occasionally had some hitches where the game would lag for a moment but the script would continue running, causing certain keystrokes to be missed as inputs by the game. In those cases, I just restarted the game and then tried again.

I've attached the three scripts that I ended up with. Hopefully these will help someone who has shockwave running but needs a little help with the actual playing of the game. I know many people are just AoB'ing these games, but this was just a fun way for me to try and set up a semi-legit way to get this particular game's avatar and trophy.

Rename them from .txt to .ahk and Have fun!

(you need an account to see links)

Thanks @Iscariot for such an
    awesome drawing of one of my pets!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alienator For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (02-02-2023),Flordibel (05-13-2022),♥ foxe ♥ (02-20-2023),j03 (05-12-2022),kittyray (05-12-2022),Neal Caffrey (05-26-2022),Unown (05-12-2022),Vaebae (02-02-2023),ZeroTwo (05-12-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    This is quite amazing!

I didn't test it myself - but do take note of those levels where you have to wait for the platforms to raise/lower before being able to step on them and any keystroke done while waiting would not count as movement. (I play it manually and sometimes get screwed over by that when I do not look carefully)

I think everyone's computer works differently and sometimes IE/Safari lags a little more especially since it's on older versions.

But other than that, nice!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Alienator (05-13-2022),ZeroTwo (05-13-2022)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Thanks for publishing an AHK script! I love AHK and use it for emoji insertion (lol, sometimes it's just easier than the Win + . command), so this is awesome and utilizes a program I already run! Awesome!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Alienator (05-13-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3d 20h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaebae View Post
    Works perfectly, thanks!

Also, because it might be useful to someone in the future: you want to use AHK 1.1, not 2.0.
    How were you able to run a shockwave game?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    36d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by L33T View Post
    How were you able to run a shockwave game?
    u can download old safari or iexplorer old version, you can see on yt how to run shockwaves games on 2023