92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    Ugh, I hope you feel better. Congrats on making it halfway through your semester! I'm overloaded on my coursework this semester and feel like I'm drowning low-key, my plate it overloaded and all that....so just know you're not alone in finding it super hard to self-motivate. Today I'll join you in getting one major thing done! Hope your big assignment went well!!
    It did go well! I got 24/25 on it. The effort was worth it How has your coursework been fairing?

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    It did go well! I got 24/25 on it. The effort was worth it How has your coursework been fairing?
    yay! congrats on the grade! i hope the rest of your semester goes well, too!!

i'm totally getting my ass kicked but so far am still at a 4.0 gpa so hopefully it'll be worth it in the end! xD
    it's a degree adjacent to my current career, so it's been actually really nice to have context to my course material and be able to critically think about what i'm learning.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    yay! congrats on the grade! i hope the rest of your semester goes well, too!!

i'm totally getting my ass kicked but so far am still at a 4.0 gpa so hopefully it'll be worth it in the end! xD
    it's a degree adjacent to my current career, so it's been actually really nice to have context to my course material and be able to critically think about what i'm learning.

Holy shit. 4.0?!? *stares in 3.78 GPA*

I’m amazed because that’s an ACHIEVEMENT.

Art Credits:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 19h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) ill have to take more tips from you. classes will be starting soon i got my acceptance at work for school!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Winter semester is over, and I received notice that I achieved an Honours GPA again this semester

However, I’ve chosen to take the spring semester off. Originally, I was going to power through to complete my program faster… but I’m tired and I need a break. I’m still working full time of course but at least I won’t have to worry about school over the summer. Most students do take off the summer anyways.. so it makes sense to give it a break. I’ll resume again come fall 🍂

Art Credits:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hey! I did this too!! Well, not a bachelor's program, but I got 2 Associates degrees taking a full load of courses while working full time during the pandemic and all online courses. What are you studying?

It's great that you already have assignment deadlines on calendars because that will sneak up on ya if you're not looking! Since you have a full time job and life obligations as well, I would designate a work day each week for each class. Even if you don't have an assignment due, dedicate that day to either get ahead or re-read material. Get ahead as much as possible!!! On weekends, holiday, etc. I was taking 4 classes at the same time, so I split them up during the week to dedicate that whole day (when I had free time) to work on each class. That way, you can focus on material for that class only vs trying to get 4 different quizzes done on one day. Also (I'm sure you already did this) gauge your workload and rank your classes from heaviest to lightest to make sure day/time is allocated appropriately to each.

Basically for me, because I'm an introvert and have no life but I'm ok with that, I would use Fri-Sun to get ahead for the week and submit as soon as things were open. I spent 3-4 days of the week after work to view lectures and read after work, but not actually DO any work like quizzes or papers because that was what the weekend was for for me. The weekend may not work for you, so plan around your schedule. I used to tell my friends and family that it was a "lockdown" day or a "I'm not coming out until this is done" day as a joke, but it's important to make that time for you to get your stuff done. This brings up another point that you should pay attention to your environment. I'm someone who, while quiet and introverted, can't work in a quiet place like a library because I'll start to fidget and get anxious because of the silence and then can't focus. If something else is going on in the background, I can work because I feel the "environment" is focused on something else (if that makes sense?).

Also, don't forget that the internet is your friend! If you're confused about some content in the class or need help, look it up! I was taking cybersecurity classes and some of the lectures in my class were dry and confusing so I would go to YouTube and look up topics to have it presented to me another way and it helped a lot to get some concepts down. Heck, I even used clraik once when I was learning a programming language and asked if they could check my code!

Hope this helps and good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)