Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Opinions: Music Edition!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I feel like there are a few other people like this, but I'm not thinking of any off the top of my head. I feel like Stefani Germanotta had the opportunity to do this with Lady Gaga being such an Out There force in the early years, but I feel like now it settled down to just being a stage name vs a character.

Another thing that remains hilarious to me is that Sonny Moore from From First To Last turned into Skrillex.
    Yes and no to the whole Lady Gaga thing. Yes, it’s a “stage name” but it embodies who she is as a person as well!

Also, imagine my surprise when I learned that Corey Taylor was the vocalist of both Slipknot and Stone Sour. I only learned this maybe 7-8 years ago and let me tell you… I was shooketh.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    684 times
    Time Online
    215d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Another unpopular opinion: I liked Apple Music better for simplicity and ease of use, plus music choice. I only went with Spotify because I liked the playlist and Daily Mix creations, but I have found it to be hit and miss or repetitive. Spotify was not as well organized/seems "messier" if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandas View Post
    I use youtube to listen to music.

not because I dislike spotify but because im lazy and don't want to learn a new app
    I'm sort of in the middle of these! I don't use a streaming service. I'll listen to new songs on Youtube, and then after a couple plays/days and some thinking, I decide if I want to buy the mp3 or not. I don't want to listen to enough new music on repeat to justify the cost of paying for Spotify or Apple Music, and since my music is stored in iTunes, Apple Music would be the more intuitive choice.

I do wish there was a "these were your top songs and artists this year" feature for itunes playlists.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    i'm only gonna say this one more time.....

all the super underground, less-popular, more-experimental sub-genres of music are infinitely better than any of the "top-40" garbage mixed with horse crap and yeeted into a dumpster-fire that the industry cucks call "music"

JUST SUM FAX FOR YALL RIGHT NOW THX
    (⊃•́•̀)⊃⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼
    i'm literally dead inside

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrillyGang For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-05-2022),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-11-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    My first thought when I read this thread title: What did Nickelback ever do to anyone!

@(you need an account to see links) Apple Music does do that! It's not easy to find which is really annoying, but I was jealous of the all the Spotify year in reviews so I went searching and found this, (you need an account to see links). I starting using Apple Music because I get a discounted rate pretending to be a student with my work email. I only wish I had Spotify in group settings because you can set up a listening party, and everyone with the link (and a Spotify account) can play songs. I'm far too lazy at this point to try and transfer my playlists so I think I'll be on Apple Music for the foreseeable future.

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Obviously I understand Taylor Swift because she is the ultimate "pick me" girl, Beyonce is kind of overrated but I understand what she did for the pop industry.... but Kesha? Interesting choice. How come you don't like her?
    too much autotune, dumb lyrics. "kick em to the curb unless they look like mick jagger" seriously?? has kesha SEEN mick jagger????

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shazi For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (05-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    My first thought when I read this thread title: What did Nickelback ever do to anyone!

@(you need an account to see links) Apple Music does do that! It's not easy to find which is really annoying, but I was jealous of the all the Spotify year in reviews so I went searching and found this, (you need an account to see links). I starting using Apple Music because I get a discounted rate pretending to be a student with my work email. I only wish I had Spotify in group settings because you can set up a listening party, and everyone with the link (and a Spotify account) can play songs. I'm far too lazy at this point to try and transfer my playlists so I think I'll be on Apple Music for the foreseeable future.
    Listen. Nickelback SLAPS. Especially their older stuff, like their song Leader of Men? A BANGER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazi View Post
    too much autotune, dumb lyrics. "kick em to the curb unless they look like mick jagger" seriously?? has kesha SEEN mick jagger????
    I mean alright, auto tune fair enough but pretty much everyone uses that so 😳
    As for her lyrics: that was 2009, she wrote what would sell. From what I have heard, she is nothing like that in real life.

Art Credits:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

LibraryFaerie (05-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Never liked Nirvana. Still, to this day, I can't distinguish their most popular songs. It sounds all the same to me. That being said, I definitely recognize their role in music history. Just don't like them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

♥ Blissey ♥ (05-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    Never liked Nirvana. Still, to this day, I can't distinguish their most popular songs. It sounds all the same to me. That being said, I definitely recognize their role in music history. Just don't like them.
    As a kid who was raised on the grunge era: who hurt you 👁👄👁

Unrelated to above, but this is very against the majority of folks of where I live: country music is garbage.

Art Credits:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (05-09-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    684 times
    Time Online
    215d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post

Oh that's good to hear! I don't actually use Apple Music, just my playlists from songs I've bought from Itunes or from a CD, but that's great they do that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    IMO Kanye is an insanely talented and very well established artist/producer, regardless of recent media scandals
    you guys seriously dont have any yeezy in ur libraries.

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly For This Useful Post:

LibraryFaerie (05-11-2022)