Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    21d 11h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Talking NC UCs coming in 2024!

Last Updated: 27th Mar 2024

This thread was made in collaboration with $(you need an account to see links)
    If you know any other info that's relevant and missing here / any feedback, please let me know.

Release Date: 23rd January 2024

Price: 600NC for gacha style. 1,400NC for specific style. 5-Bundle multipacks are available.

Pet Requirements: Correct species required. Correct color not required.

Available Colors: Update, 27th Mar: Plushie, Maraquan, and Baby are now in rotation.
    These colors are permanently available: Alien, Coconut, Jelly, Mallow, MSP, Quiguki, Usuki.

UC Pet Trading: Direct UC pet trading is no longer possible, but you can trade the NC style items.

Old / Unreleased UCs: Yes but not all, e.g. Faerie Eyrie is missing.

OG UC vs. NC UC: Pets born before 26th April 2007 were awarded a new trophy, but not young UCs.

How do I get a NC UC?
    How do I switch the UC appearance on / off?
    How do I trade NC UCs?

This thread is just for collecting information from news announcements, NeoBoard posts and social media posts!

If you need help using NC UCs, I made a separate thread with step-by-step tutorials. Link below

(you need an account to see links)

Looking for the full archive of pre-2024 NC UC news? Check the spoiler at the bottom of this post!

March 2024

On 27th Mar, 5 more UC colors are now available!
    Thanks $(you need an account to see links) for sharing the new color alert!

Incoming colors
    Limited time - Plushie, Maraquan, Baby (27th Mar until ???)
    Permanent - Alien, Jelly

Outgoing colors
    Faerie, Grey, Darigan (23rd Jan until 26th Mar)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Source: (you need an account to see links)

January 2024

On 30th Jan, TNT hinted at the next potential colors on social media.
    Thanks $(you need an account to see links) for this update

It's been one week since the launch of NC UCs and TNT is keeping the hype going by inviting users to speculate which UC color will come out next: Pirate, Plushie or Royal.

On 23rd Jan, NC UCs went live!
    Thanks $(you need an account to see links) $(you need an account to see links) $(you need an account to see links) $(you need an account to see links) for this info!

All existing UCs were converted and automatically equipped with UC styles. Pets who were born before the day of conversion (26th April 2007) were awarded a new trophy.

The NC UC Styling Kits can be bought individually or in a bundle of five!

Some unreleased UCs are still unavailable (e.g. UC Faerie Eyrie) so be sure to check if the style you want is currently out before you buy anything!

Umbra at the Styling Studio uses an interesting turn of phrase to suggest that Faerie, Darigan and Grey will only be available for a limited time. It is possible that these colors will be cycled out when the next batch of colors come in. The length of each cycle is unknown. However, 'special' colors like Usuki Usul will always be available.
    On 22nd Jan, TNT released the official NC UC FAQ.
    Thanks to $(you need an account to see links) and $(you need an account to see links) for sharing this information!

TNT has officially added 3 new FAQ pages for the NC UC feature. Check them out!

Prices and specific tier & random tier NC UC items are now confirmed. 600NC for random and 1,400NC for a specific one of your choice.

NC styles will be 50% off for a limited time after launch day!

Source: (you need an account to see links) (22nd January)

Since NC UCs are now out, older timeline posts are now archived in the spoiler below
    The cut-off date for this timeline is July 2023 because that's when TNT announced the new era of Neopets!

$(you need an account to see links) pointed out that the giveaway is for Faerie Studio Styling Supplies, whereas the reward for 100% completing Stocking Stufftacular was called Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies, implying that the Deluxe version has different capabilities.

And thanks to $(you need an account to see links) for sharing KevinoGaming's video! In it, he briefly shared some NC UC tidbits that TNT had given the OK for him to talk about before the livestream.

"It does look like there will be two different items that allow you to toggle between NC UC and the current converted style. They did show me the items that are going to be used to paint them. There's not much detail on the mechanics that go into it, so I'm sure we'll be able to get more info about that during the actual live session... (snip)" [Note from Vis: One of the items he showed was Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies. The other one is something we've never seen before!]

"One last art thing... this silhouette. This will probably be the NPC that sells all these items that you can use to reconvert or re-unconvert your pets to their old art... Yeah, I'm sure we'll get more information about whoever this person is!"

Source: (you need an account to see links) (16th January) - Relevant section starts at (you need an account to see links)
    On 15th Jan, TNT Luna posted a massive update on Discord!
    TNT is launching a new feature called NC Pet Styles on the 23rd of January, this is the moment we have been waiting for!

Some important dev notes: all forms of Neopet transfers will be disabled from 18th Jan to 23rd Jan to safeguard against losing pets in transit (including adopting, abandoning and direct transferring). The site itself will also be down on 22nd Jan to implement the launch.

It looks like we are getting not just UC Faeries but UC Greys and UC Darigans as well! Thank you $(you need an account to see links) for sharing this!

The Latest News/New Features page on the Neopets site itself updated to show this on 16th Jan, but I am grouping it with 15th Jan updates as it reiterates the above. TNT also show teaser images of a UC Grey Draik, UC Faerie Bori and UC Darigan Poogle. Thank you $(you need an account to see links) for sharing this!
    On 11th Jan, TNT's official Instagram posted a reel showing off some more UC artwork.
    Thank you $(you need an account to see links) for sharing the information here so fast

The reel showed artwork of 4 Neopets:
    - Faerie Zafara *
    - Grey Draik *
    - Darigan Techo
    - Faerie Xweetok

The two with asterisks were never grandfathered into the current collection of UCs which means no amount of pet trading (or buying) can get you one of those... until TNT releases them with NC UCs!

This is the second time TNT is suggesting there will be unreleased UCs by showing us artwork. Please expand the spoiler to see a preview of the reel.

On 10th Jan, TNT started to advertise their January edition of monthly CEO AMAs.
    Thank you to $(you need an account to see links) for sharing this information as soon as it dropped!

Given the timing and because it's NC, this livestream has to be about NC UCs surely...?! Please expand the spoiler to see TNT's post.

That's 5pm PST on Wednesday 17th January, so save the date if you want to catch the AMA live!
    The call out also mentions an 'exclusive unreleased prize' that will be awarded to users who join live. Who knows what it'll be? My fingers are crossed for sure...

As of 1st Jan, there is a new NC item called Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies.
    Thank you to $(you need an account to see links) $(you need an account to see links) $(you need an account to see links) for highlighting this information ASAP and sharing the screenshots

This item (among other rewards) was awarded to users who completed every single day of Stocking Stufftacular in 2023's Advent Calendar. This appears to be a token for the NC feature that gives your pet a UC appearance!

There is no additional information on the general release of UC tokens in the NC Mall yet.

It can be put into a gift box but please read the below warning before trading yours away.

December 2023

On 22nd Dec (although NC UCs were not discussed in the monthly livestream) users noticed this post in the official monthly AG schedule, leading to speculation...
    "Topic: January 2024 Art Gallery Schedule

Hello,

Getting this posted early, since most of the office will be done next week.

(snip)
    Tuesday, Jan 23rd - New to Art Gallery Day
    Friday, Jan 26th - UC Pet Day
    Tuesday, Jan 30th - Kacheek Day"

Source: (you need an account to see links) (22nd December)

November 2023

On 15th Nov, during the livestream Dom announced the delay of NC UCs.
    "Talking about the future of Neopets, do we want to talk about the roadmap coming up in general for Neopets?

(Snip)... So in January, one of the updates on NC UC pets is they're coming back in a very unique way. We want to say that we needed to delay this. Originally we mentioned December, but we realised that we probably needed a little more time to work on this since we launched the Advent Calendar event and a lot of campaigns in December. We thought that pushing the UC pets into January makes more sense for us. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this for the longest time, but I promise it will come in January.

These are some of the artworks that we've been working with. The first series that we're launching will be Faerie. If you haven't noticed, we've been celebrating the Faerie Festival last month and the first series will also be the Faerie UC pets.

Some interesting updates. We've been referring to this as a 'paint brush' but instead of a paint brush, we're actually going to introduce a new element so that we don't confuse ourselves with the other paint brushes that we have... knowing that these are convertible items, not one-time use items, so we don't want to call them a paint brush. It will be available in the NC Mall. In terms of how to activate it, it will need a new item (a token) to activate this device so these are things that we're planning.

Stay excited, we will be launching it in January. A little bit of delay, I'm sorry about that... (snip)"

Source: (you need an account to see links) (15th November) - Relevant section starts at (you need an account to see links)

October 2023

On 10th Oct, during the livestream Dom discussed how far up NC UCs were in TNT's priorities.
    "While we're talking about the priority list... what is high on your priority list right now?

Account recovery has always been the number one most important task... (snip) the second one would be overall site performance... (snip) then a lot of our users are super excited about UC pets, so we are working a lot on that. As promised, we will deliver that in December but alongside that we are also making changes to premium subscriptions... (snip) the Community Ambassador Program is something that we've been working on as well."

Source: (you need an account to see links) (10th October) - Relevant section starts at (you need an account to see links)

September 2023

On 6th Sep, during the livestream Dom builds up hype for the launch of NC UCs.
    "We cannot even begin to tell you how many questions we got about NC UCs... So are you able to provide a percentage of how far along they are, or if there's an objective release date? Basically what can you tell us about NC UCs, Dom?

This is probably more than 15 years overdue, but I'm very excited to tell you guys that we will be launching our first series by December this year. My team will probably kill me for sharing too much but in the interest of committing to transparency I'll just spill the beans... note some of these details might still change, but I'll try to share what I can.

As you know, UC pets will come as a UC paint brush. We might change the name... this UC paint brush is actually not like your normal paint brush, because it's not going to vanish. It will be treated more like a special wearable so it unconverts your pet cosmetically. After you use the paint brush, your Neopet will not be customizable and also it will be reversible. So you can put on the paint brush and see your pet as a UC Neopet! And I hope you will love this, the UC paint brush won't be color specific, it will only be species specific.

We will bring back a series of them but unfortunately we won't be able to bring them back all at once. Our target is to launch 30 or 50 of the more than 200 UCs by this December so we're still in the final stages of fine tuning these designs and based on what you hear, feel free to tell us if you have any suggestions or other comments. Tell us what your favorite UC colors that you want to see come back first are, Plushie, Faerie, Royal? I mean, we're still deciding on that. The main hurdle for us is actually getting all the artwork ready and also being in place for our users to really work their magic on it."

Source: (you need an account to see links) (6th September) - Relevant section starts at (you need an account to see links)

August 2023
    Nothing so far. Let me know if there's anything you think should go here!

July 2023

On 17th July, TNT mentions UC re-releases are planned.
    "Are there plans to release UC pets?

Yes, this is currently in development."

Source: (you need an account to see links) (17th July)

Relevant info from 2022

On the end of the last year TNT released a general survey about the NC UCs in order to gather some feedback from the playerbase. Two of the most important notes were the re-introduction of old UCs that were autoconverted long ago, and the possible redrawing of the UCs from touched up line art to entirely new poses (not sure if this was for all UCs or just NC UCs).

As of right now the survey has been closed.

Last edited by Vis; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-28-2023),birdies (12-29-2023),caviar (12-28-2023),Charmander (12-28-2023),chii3d (12-28-2023),Cinderella (01-01-2024),DankRUSE (02-04-2024),DarkSkies (12-28-2023),dono (01-01-2024),Ferengi (12-29-2023),Fiore (12-30-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (01-01-2024),Goddammit (01-18-2024),Greenleaf (01-20-2024),Guil (01-11-2024),Hellkittten (12-29-2023),Herb (01-19-2024),♥ honeycomb ♥ (12-29-2023),I_royalty_I (12-28-2023),Ice (12-30-2023),Infected (12-29-2023),John Cena (01-01-2024),kalez (01-13-2024),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),kittyray (12-29-2023),Kon (12-28-2023),Lyrichord (12-29-2023),Minerva (01-01-2024),Mothman (12-28-2023),♥ Munna ♥ (01-21-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (12-28-2023),Parrot (12-29-2023),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (12-28-2023),raiinman (01-18-2024),RicoBandito (02-04-2024),Rinon (12-28-2023),rio (01-11-2024),♥ Rowlet ♥ (01-20-2024),Sakuras (12-28-2023),sanrio (01-24-2024),Shockz (01-12-2024),Spoildlittleme (01-01-2024),SpongeBob (01-27-2024),Sqork (01-17-2024),starsandmoon (01-01-2024),Styx (12-28-2023),Synth Salazzle (01-24-2024),Teakwood (12-29-2023),tulpa19 (01-01-2024),Zenitsu (12-28-2023),Zorua (01-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Awesome guide! I have very high hopes for Jan 26th(ish)!

I really love the "style" they're going for with the art so I hope it's just like this -- more polished and cute classic line art

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-28-2023),Infected (12-29-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),Styx (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Nice comprehensive guide to what we know! I’m excited about them, but it’s really fading as we wait so long

I really hope it’s not a gacha situation, but knowing TNT….

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-28-2023),birdies (12-29-2023),chii3d (12-28-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (12-28-2023),Styx (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Nice comprehensive guide to what we know! I’m excited about them, but it’s really fading as we wait so long

I really hope it’s not a gacha situation, but knowing TNT….
    Ugh, I hope it isn't gatcha-style. There are very few uc faeries I'd actually want. Plushie I'd take any but faerie not so much.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-28-2023),birdies (12-29-2023),caviar (12-28-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),Lyrichord (12-29-2023),Mothman (12-28-2023),Styx (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I'm glad they're working on it, but I'm really hoping this isn't delayed again! And +1 to the comments above that mention the gatcha aspect..... please don't let it be gatcha

• The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),chii3d (12-28-2023),Ice (12-30-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),Lyrichord (12-29-2023),Mothman (12-28-2023),Pringle (01-01-2024),Sakuras (12-28-2023),Styx (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    134d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 29m
    cool guide thanks

Signature edited by Polarchuk

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pochita For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 15h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    This time we avoid saying any month on the title, please TNT let it be on 2024 this thread must survive xD

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),Ice (12-30-2023),Kibba (12-28-2023),Kisses (12-28-2023),Lyrichord (12-29-2023),Styx (12-28-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 12h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thanks for this guide, compiling all the information in one place is very useful!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),DarkSkies (12-29-2023),Kisses (12-29-2023),Lyrichord (12-29-2023),Styx (12-29-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    What a fantastic post, thank you so much! I'm starting to feel the hype now!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),DarkSkies (12-29-2023),Kisses (12-29-2023),Styx (12-29-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I think someone had compiled a petpage with NC UC information and my favourite part of that page was also the MANY exerts from Scrappy saying they were never going to happen

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rowlet For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-29-2023),DarkSkies (12-29-2023),Kisses (12-29-2023),kittyray (12-29-2023),Styx (12-29-2023),Vis (12-29-2023)

• Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast