6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Post Long time lurker popping in :o

Hi all! Been mostly been in my hidey hole to check out neopets news here. For apparently 8 years...

Been on a bit of a downwards spiral recently so I made a new neopets account to occupy my time and take my mind off things. So here I am. Hope I'll make some friends here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to firedrops For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (05-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    380 times
    Time Online
    88d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Hi @(you need an account to see links)

So glad you decided to peak out of your hidey hole. Don't sneak back in. We would love to see you more active around the forum.
    I know all about that downward spiral. Maybe also look at the bake-off and start making some treats for yourself. COuld also take your mind off things

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

No promises but I'll try

Mental health and me have never really had a great relationship. Ironically, neopets probably one of the root causes in the past. It kept me indoors a lot and dropping it was why I starting feeling better than ever before but life happens and you need a distraction.

Baking and sculpting have a lot in common and I'm not talented in either of them. Causing cave-ins and making sludge monsters is apparently mine though.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    448 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey firedrops, welcome to the active side!
    I hope you'd feel better soon. Maybe our fun community can even help!
    Hope to see you around the forums ^~^

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    380 times
    Time Online
    88d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by firedrops View Post

No promises but I'll try

Mental health and me have never really had a great relationship. Ironically, neopets probably one of the root causes in the past. It kept me indoors a lot and dropping it was why I starting feeling better than ever before but life happens and you need a distraction.

Baking and sculpting have a lot in common and I'm not talented in either of them. Causing cave-ins and making sludge monsters is apparently mine though.
    I dont think it actually needs to be great so you don't need to be talented for the bake-off but if it causes you extra stress, yeah rather don't. I am also really bad with sculpting but I am ok with drawing so I try to not see the sculpting similarities although now that you mention it...

I think id I was not required to get out of the house for mmy event photography (that I really enjoy) I would proabbly almost never leave the house. My psycologist actualy said its not so bad it creates a balance because I am very very introvert and need my alone time

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    I dont think it actually needs to be great so you don't need to be talented for the bake-off but if it causes you extra stress, yeah rather don't. I am also really bad with sculpting but I am ok with drawing so I try to not see the sculpting similarities although now that you mention it...

I think id I was not required to get out of the house for mmy event photography (that I really enjoy) I would proabbly almost never leave the house. My psycologist actualy said its not so bad it creates a balance because I am very very introvert and need my alone time
    Probably not then. Maybe I'd have a go when I'm feeling better.

I think I'm like that too. I'm very much an introvert that can survive without much interaction outside of work and family. I don't think my parents get that. They mean well and all but they have a very traditional view of what it is to be "normal". Like having a social life (i.e. lots of friends) and going out but that isn't me. Every time I try to explain it, it doesn't end well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Didn't know mental health was so important until I had one myself. It's so important to strive to be physically and mentally healthy.

Note to self: Spend more time on hobbies and productive activities

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Hi and welcome!
    So glad to hear you are actively working on your health.

There is an upcoming bake-off I encourage you to look at. Even if you don’t feel confident in your abilities you might surprise yourself and it’s a great way to get to interact with sone of the lovely people in the community.

Tell us more about your photography!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerbeans View Post
    Didn't know mental health was so important until I had one myself. It's so important to strive to be physically and mentally healthy.

Note to self: Spend more time on hobbies and productive activities
    Mental health is one of those things where you don't really take note of until it rears its ugly head. Kind of found out the hard way when I had a bit of a break down in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Hi and welcome!
    So glad to hear you are actively working on your health.

There is an upcoming bake-off I encourage you to look at. Even if you don’t feel confident in your abilities you might surprise yourself and it’s a great way to get to interact with sone of the lovely people in the community.

Tell us more about your photography!
    It's been a long time coming. I was in a cyclical situation where I'd have really good times and then really terrible days. The terrible ones blotting out to the good times but when I finally felt like I had crawled out of that hole it came back again.

Oh. That's just random photos I take from time to time when I see something interesting. I enjoy it but I don't go out of my way to take photos. I feel so burnt out after work and crash as soon as I get home. Pretty sure that's not normal
    Last edited by firedrops; 04-30-2022 at 08:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to firedrops For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (04-30-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    hi firedrops, welcome to ck! hope you enjoy the great community we have here, looking forward to seeing you around the forums!