Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite manhwas/webtoons? Any recommendations?

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    Manga are usually categorized as comics from Japan. Manhwa are BL comics from Korea and webtoons are just there own thing as they are online comic and Web Toons themselves is a whole website!

I hope this makes sense c:
    They are all basically comic but different origin.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Thank you!! That's clearer for me, I had no idea the name changes according to where they come from

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (05-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Thank you!! That's clearer for me, I had no idea the name changes according to where they come from
    I didn't either at first so no worries! Glad to help.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I’m currently reading Finding Camellia and I Stan the Prince!
    Both are so cheesy but cute!!! There are some good recommendations in this thread I’m going to check out!

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    An Uncomfortable Truth is pretty cool, but it's dark and some scenes can be triggering.

Under the oak tree is cute, i love the main couple!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (07-20-2022),Ismira (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I read three: Tower of God, God of High School, and Kubera.

Tower of God: Fantasy + amazing lore dropping + world building. Season 1 is amazing and put the story on the map. Season 2 has some incredible highs (and the lows aren’t so bad when binge reading). Season 3 is on going but I’m hoping it gets better than it is :/

God of High School: basically a Korean shounen fantasy. Power levels reach DBZ and beyond. Don’t really recommend as the story goes off the rails, but it’s almost finished and will probably be a better binge than reading week to week, though there were some serious lows binging as well.

Kubera: THE ABSOLUTE GOAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ. Fantasy-tragedy. The world building is INCREDIBLE and the rules for the world are laid out clearly and the rules are strictly observed. NOTHING is done without payoff even if it takes YEARS to get to. Allegedly the story was written as a book before manhwa which might explain it. The art is kind of not great in S1 and both S1 and S2 are quite slow but get more and more intense until the end of S2 goes wild. S3 is amaxing even reading week to week and I wish this series was more popular!!!!! Although at the same time I love that the community is small and makes high quality discussion posts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Ismira (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    245 times
    Time Online
    27d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I was talking about Solo Leveling in another thread today

This is SO GOOD and @(you need an account to see links) gave me the news today that is about to get animated.

Here's a synopsis about it, you should definitely read it!

When mysterious gates filled with monsters begin to appear across the world, humans known as "Hunters" venture into these gates to defeat
    the monsters and gain riches in the process. Solo Leveling follows one hunter, Sung Jin-Woo, also known as "The World's Weakest," in his quest
    to clear gates in order to provide for his family.

Solo Leveling is arguably the best manga to come out of South Korea, and the battles in animation could result in some of the best fights in anime.

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (07-20-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original Greek mythology stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    80d 23h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    Manga are usually categorized as comics from Japan. Manhwa are BL comics from Korea and webtoons are just there own thing as they are online comic and Web Toons themselves is a whole website!

I hope this makes sense c:
    They are all basically comic but different origin.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    A minor correction - manhwa's aren't strictly limited to BL comics. Manhwa is the (south) korean term for comics/manga.

I'm so excited to this see this thread. I read upwards of 20 WebToons each day and can honestly say I enjoy 95% of what I read. Can't say I'm thrilled about the daily pass lock on ongoing series or the price hike for fastpass though. Still, I try to support the creators if/when I can. WebToons does a decent job of giving out free coins every so often while promoting new/returning series, so even if you aren't in a financial position to support the creators, there are other ways of contributing! Using free coins to fastpass, following/subscribing the artist/webcomic, and ❤️'ing the episodes. It doesn't cost a thing and really helps the creators in the long run! Too many good stories have been axed, dropped or hastily cut short by Webtoons on account of poor engagement from the audience.

I'm so happy to see so many of my own personal favourites mentioned in this thread! I'll try not to plug anything that's already been mentioned for the sake of diversity, but I'd highly recommend giving a read to anything mentioned in this thread. They're ALL fantastic reads and deserve more love and attention!

COMPLETED SERIES:

ON-GOING/DAILY PASS SERIES:

^ That's my attempt at trying to consolidate the list LOL
    I tried okay? There are too many gems to not mention! I may edit my post later to include the genre, but for now, I'll leave it as is.

Special thanks to (you need an account to see links) for my adorable Ryu, and (you need an account to see links) for my galaxy pumpkin!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ismira For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (07-20-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Ismira (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    80d 23h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Lore Olympus on webtoon is SO GOOD. I'm already a huge myth and folklore fan but Rachel Smythe's take on the original stories and characters is incredible. She's so thoughtful and intentional with the story she wants to tell and I've stayed up too late on too many nights reading and rereading it. Also her art style is incredible!! I will say the story does cover heavy topics like SA but she's very good about including trigger warnings so if you decide to read it just be kind to yourself if those kinds of topics are tough for you. No story is worth retaumatizing yourself for.
    Can’t believe I forgot to include Lore Olympus!! It’s in my top 10 GOAT. SO GOOD! I cannot say enough good things about this WebToon. Absolute top tier art, world building and story telling. I’ve cried, laughed, and seethed in anger along with the characters and on behalf of them.

Asspollo needs to fuck off the face of the planet!

Special thanks to (you need an account to see links) for my adorable Ryu, and (you need an account to see links) for my galaxy pumpkin!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ismira For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-04-2022)