Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite manhwas/webtoons? Any recommendations?

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

73 chapters in and "Father, I don't want to get married" FINALLY DID THE REVEAL AAAA I CANNOT WAIT FOR CHAPTER 74,,,,, i am LOSING my MIND
    Last edited by Rattata; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:35 PM.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I was reading a Webtoon called "Hooky" quite a while ago and I really enjoyed it. I got reminded about it after seeing this thread. I don't think I finished though because I always get too impatient waiting for an update each week :/

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Oh boy oh boy, time for my bi-yearly post on clraik

The Jinx's Lover - Made me swooooon but also cry
    I Raised The Beast Well - She's so fucking dense but in a cute way
    Please Take Care of Me in This Life As Well - Made me cry
    Today I Live with You - I really don't understand all the office talk lingo, and I didn't enjoy the time skip, but I really like the interpersonal relationships in this one
    19 Days - I just want them to be happy
    Shaman Girl - This is soooo good, and I love seeing elements of traditional Korean folklore
    Shaman After School - I started this after Shaman Girl stopped getting updates, and now this stopped getting updates Also very good
    Time Share House - Time travel romance always makes me cry sooner or later, be it sadness or happiness, but yes, I cried!
    Spirit Fingers - I cried, but tears of laughter. Holy shit this is so good and funny, please read this
    Let's Go to work tomorrow! - Cute office romance, my fav office romance so far
    Ellin's Solhwa - Hot
    The Moon that Rises in the Day - Cried! Reincarnation romance but also not
    The Lady and Her Butler - Good romance, very cute
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by the lovely lyrichord!
    Spoiler:
    all hail Infamous Joe

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    116 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I don't know if this one will be too fucked up for you but I literally couldn't put it down! I will warn of trigger warnings and dark themes but I loved reading it c:

Rogu 11 17 2020

Sig by Guil, Rize, and funnybell ♥

Avatar UB and layout by lyrichord UB by Flordibel ♥

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I personally love "Love Advice from the Great Duke of Hell" - despite its name, it's not super lovey-dovey and does have a lot of action and humor, it's super fun to read!

I also really love Let's Play, but that one is more romance-based. Another favorite of mine is Lost in Translation, which is about a k-pop group and the abuse one of the members suffer - it's really great! They went above and beyond and even made a couple songs for the Webtoon.

The songs from Lost in Translation (they're really great!):

Spoiler:

Amazing userbar by the talented [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ryu makeables:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

P O L T E R G E I S T

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Oh I LOVE manhwas/webtoons. I've been reading a lot over the years, and found that I mostly prefer reading thriller/horror and isekai!

Since Omniscient Reader was mentioned I wanted to also echo that it's great! It's on webtoon currently but the web novel is available online to read. I got caught up to the webtoon last year, decided that wasn't enough, and binged the entire webnovel - it's VERY long, but honestly one of the best stories I've ever read. I was weeping at times ngl.

I'll preface this with the fact that these are not all necessarily manhwa, as some are webcomics that are on the Webtoon platform. Some are western, a good chunk are Korean manhwa, and a couple are SEAsian (Indonesian and Thai) series.

Thriller/horror/dark webtoons I've read/am reading:
    Spoiler:
    • Fake Humans - very interesting with weird cult crap going on
    • My Daughter is a Zombie - I paid so many coins to read this all. This is a very emotional zombie series following a father whose daughter got bitten.
    • Flawed Almighty - I love Carnby Kim's work, if you've read his previous stuff it's worth it and maybe a little bit less dark?
    • Bastard - the first Carnby Kim series I read. Very trigger-heavy, about a guy whose father is a serial killer.
    • Sweet Home - another great Carnby Kim work that was adapted to a Netflix TV series. I personally hated the Netflix adaptation, it erased a lot of great characterization and growth that's better captured in the webtoon form tbh.
    • Shotgun Boy - Carnby Kim's prequel to Sweet Home. We're learning how the monsters came to be!
    • Harmonia - I love stories about the uncertainty of people when there are times of crisis.
    • ShootAround - not technically a thriller/horror, but a drama that takes place during a zombie apocalypse. This was actually the series that got me DEVOTED to webtoons.
    • Deadlife - I love zombie manhwa and this is no exception. It has a more original take than I've seen from any other zombie media, and focuses on how the zombies think/feel. You can read the full season 1 online outside of Webtoon's platform.
    • Not Even Bones - this one's apparently also based on a novel which I haven't read, but it features really unique characters and worldbuilding that sucks me in.
    • Tales of the Unusual - who hasn't read about beauty water? Most of these tales touch on the faults of humankind, but there are some very touching stories in here that have made me cry
    • The Predator - dude's roommate turns into a monster suddenly, and cult nonsense ensues.
    • The Blood of the Butterfly
    • Chasing Tails
    • See No Evil
    • Devil's Coven - much slower to update but brilliant art. I'm pretty sure the creator just recently began college? I really can't wait to learn more about this world
    • Hell is Other People
    • Yuna & Kawachan - LOVED this colorful take on a monster apocalypse. incredibly written characters, and a nice refreshing break from the grimdark zombie/monster comics.
    • All of Us Are Dead - also was recently adapted to Netflix, which was fun to watch but nowhere near as well-written as the manhwa.
    • Epilogue - I also love Cho Seok and his works, so when I learned he had a thriller manhwa I immediately subscribed.
    • Subtle Disaster - I think about this series often. I've read it twice through completely. When I lie awake at night, listening to the sounds of my neighbor down the street blasting music at 3am, I think of this series.
    • It's Mine - I didn't care for this when it first came out tbh, but the whole conspiracy drew me in!
    • Forest of Humans
    • The Horizon - MASSIVE trigger warnings for this one
    • Rotten

Isekai I've read/am reading:
    Spoiler:
    • Omniscient Reader - best work I've ever read. hands down. the webtoon is nowhere near complete and would take years to get there, read the webnovel if you enjoy it. it's written almost exactly like the webtoon is!
    • Dungeons & Artifacts
    • I'm the Max-Level Newbie
    • Doom Breaker
    • Return to Player
    • The World After the Fall
    • Return of the Blossoming Blade - this one's one of my favorites that I also don't read on Webtoon because there are more translations available online
    • Hardcore Leveling Warrior - it just completed on Webtoon. It's one of the most confusing stories I've read ngl, and I've gotten lost a few times but it was a wild ride and the art is incredible.
    • microHUNTER
    • Infinite Leveling: Murim

General webtoons I'm reading and love:
    Spoiler:
    • True Beauty
    • A Useless Villian
    • Tales of Sarimin the Jinn - a lot of fun and plays into some folklore.
    • Unlucky is as Lucky does - I've never read a funnier webcomic/webtoon. It's highly unpredictable, hilarious, but has a serious emotional tone at times.
    • Plum - cute art, love the worldbuilding, love the characters. Who knew fruit stacking could be so competitive!
    • Heir's Game - I love suspu's work (see: ShootAround) because I love to see queer characters, especially queer characters of color. Political drama CAN be interesting, with the right characters and author!
    • Eyes
    • Going Home - goofy little alien series that is maybe more than just a goofy little alien series
    • Lone - I love magic-filled stories as well, and this definitely hits that mark. If you liked Hooky, you may also enjoy Lone!
    • Icy Copper - love the art, love the sad main characters, love the world
    • Serious Trans Vibes - I've always loved Sophie's comics and was pleasantly surprised to see them make an appearance on webtoon
    • Yumi's Cells - I never cared for romances but this one was a great deal of fun and the art has changed so drastically over the years
    • Always Human - another romance that won me over!

I have soo so many to add but I don't have them open in front of me, especially the isekai that I read on other manhwa sites!
    Last edited by Cookie Tray; 1 Week Ago at 05:00 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    20d 7h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Happy to see Bastard and The Moon That Rises in the Day get recced! But where's Cheese In the Trap?!?

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    too obsessed with fantasy romance now soz *disappears into pile of manhwas*

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    19d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 52m
    Oh are manhwas and webtoons different from mangas?? I'm sorry this is the first time I hear about this and I'm curious :o

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Thanks @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for the Wolfy Ryu

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    116 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Manga are usually categorized as comics from Japan. Manhwa are BL comics from Korea and webtoons are just there own thing as they are online comic and Web Toons themselves is a whole website!

I hope this makes sense c:
    They are all basically comic but different origin.
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rogu 11 17 2020

Sig by Guil, Rize, and funnybell ♥

Avatar UB and layout by lyrichord UB by Flordibel ♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (2 Days Ago)