40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m

Anonymous Animal by Everest Pipkin

In their own words, Anonymous Animal is a game/walk/performance/HTML poetry. It reflects on internet experiences and its ephemeral nature. It runs for every hour on the hour for fifteen minutes.

(you need an account to see links)

Everest Pipkin is an artist/creative technologist I really admire and who has created some really incredible things. They really inspire me and I aspire to have the mind to create to even a fractional degree they can. They really innovate how technology and the experience of using the internet can be used as an art medium.

I'm inviting you all to check out this one project because I really did find it to be a beautiful experience, but also think it could be fun to discuss the creative approaches to technology.
    (also it says to share with loved ones and I do love you all on clraik)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (04-23-2022),Lyrichord (04-23-2022),Zenitsu (04-24-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Thanks for sharing again. It's very late here but besides my paranoia (I've already explained you haha) indeed was something interesting and amazing to see.

I liked the way the spectator is addresed. You have introduced me to a new concept of technology artist I had no idea before

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    Thank you for sharing this!

I'm reminded of a couple things, both of which are from the earlier part of the 2010s. I've enjoyed poetry in motion projects like those by Oni Buchanan. I tried to find something discussing her mandrake vehicles, but all I could come up with is (you need an account to see links) where towards the end, she walks through one.

Also something the art reminds me of is (you need an account to see links) from 2014 on cymatic frequencies, or the visualization of sound waves. Maybe how the art is a bit more granular, almost stippled in places?

Were the drawings done independently and then merged, or? I guess I'm confused on the technology part of it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (04-24-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I'm so glad you two enjoyed it!

@(you need an account to see links) Honestly it's a pretty new concept and one that I think is still being defined and also something that isn't really known outside circles who are near it, if that makes any sense. It's something I aspire to emulate more, but at this point it's not something that comes completely naturally to me, and I have a lot of projects I never follow through on or see beyond initial toolng around.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I'm googling Oni Buchanan right now!
    Also, ooh, it is a little too early for sound for me right now, but scrubbing through seems really cool.

The drawings remind me a lot of the O'Reilly animals. I know Everest does some drawing so if I had to guess they were illustrations by them and then used some sort of animation software to do the morphing. The rest is all iFrames, which are basically ways to embed another html document, usually an external one, into the current one.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (04-24-2022)