Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your Myers Briggs Personality type?

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    My friend had me take the test in college and I got ISTP. I did it again years later and got the same.
    I really don't take the MBTI stuff seriously and find it to be pseudoscience, but I guess I kinda treat it like astrology, where it's fun when not taken seriously.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Just be careful that the 16personalities website is the woooorst test ever, it doesn't even takes in consideration the original theory, but they mix the MBTI, the Big five, and something created by the site creators. Results are also very biased and usually leads to VERY incorrect results, because it have a very wrong interpretation about what intuition is. Usually, people that takes that test believes that the result is not wrong, since they relate with the results, which is, in fact, a demonstration of the (you need an account to see links).

This test is a bit more accurate since it focus on Carl Jung original theory: (you need an account to see links)

Anyway, the best way to find your myer briggs personality, is not to take test, but to study jungian cognitive processes, and you can read more about it here (you need an account to see links)

I have been studying MBTI for about 5/6 years, and I'm thorn between INTJ or INFJ. My closest friends, and my workplace's psychologist says I am a INTJ though. lol

Despite the fact that I don't think the test should be taken seriously, since it's pseudoscience, and according to psychology our personality can change (according to mbti it can't change, which doesn't make sense according to modern psychology), but I do think it's a great way to use the inductive reasoning, as we see general behavior patterns and applies it to an already formed personality.

I relate a lot with the Dominant Introverted Intuition and with the Inferior Extroverted Sensation.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (05-01-2022),Lyrichord (05-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm ISTP allegedly which sounds right I guess.

I love personality tests even if they aren't accurate

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    Just be careful that the 16personalities website is the woooorst test ever, it doesn't even takes in consideration the original theory, but they mix the MBTI, the Big five, and something created by the site creators. Results are also very biased and usually leads to VERY incorrect results, because it have a very wrong interpretation about what intuition is. Usually, people that takes that test believes that the result is not wrong, since they relate with the results, which is, in fact, a demonstration of the (you need an account to see links).

This test is a bit more accurate since it focus on Carl Jung original theory: (you need an account to see links)

Anyway, the best way to find your myer briggs personality, is not to take test, but to study jungian cognitive processes, and you can read more about it here (you need an account to see links)

I have been studying MBTI for about 5/6 years, and I'm thorn between INTJ or INFJ. My closest friends, and my workplace's psychologist says I am a INTJ though. lol

Despite the fact that I don't think the test should be taken seriously, since it's pseudoscience, and according to psychology our personality can change (according to mbti it can't change, which doesn't make sense according to modern psychology), but I do think it's a great way to use the inductive reasoning, as we see general behavior patterns and applies it to an already formed personality.

I relate a lot with the Dominant Introverted Intuition and with the Inferior Extroverted Sensation.

This is quite interesting. I did the test on the sakinorva link you posted and received INTJ as well. (I don't exactly agree with that but it's all subjective anyway) On other sites I've consistently gotten INFJ or INFP.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherubi For This Useful Post:

Menine (05-01-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm INTP-A/INTP-T apparently. Took it a long time ago, took it again. Still the same result

Mind
    This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
    10%
    90%
    EXTRAVERTED
    INTROVERTED
    Energy
    This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
    83%
    17%
    INTUITIVE
    OBSERVANT
    Nature
    This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
    89%
    11%
    THINKING
    FEELING
    Tactics
    This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
    28%
    72%
    JUDGING
    PROSPECTING
    Identity
    This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
    19%
    81%
    ASSERTIVE
    TURBULENT
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 05-01-2022 at 01:31 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I just took the test at: (you need an account to see links) and got some confusing-ish results.

INTP (74.25) ISTP (71.25), ENFP (70.75), (67.75) - All 4 scored extremely close.. But I've taken other tests and INTP seems to be the one I get the most.

INTP also really falls in line with the typical description of Aquarius which is my astrological sun-sign, if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm very new to Myers-Briggs, though.. I'm going to have to do more research and understand it a bit better before I can say what I personally feel I identify best with.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm ESFP!

Funny, because in the past I was ENTJ, and by virtue of me also being an ambivert, means that I'm basically every letter of the test.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I tried the Sakinorva link and got ENTP (72.5), ENFP (72), and INTP (71.9) as my top 3.

I think in the past I've usually gotten INFP and INTJ.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!