96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 13h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by twooldcat View Post
    Keep us updated. I am rooting for you here. Rember always good to use a stepping stone but getting stuck there... not so good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twooldcat View Post
    Keep us updated. I am rooting for you here. Rember always good to use a stepping stone but getting stuck there... not so good

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My update is that my interview got cancelled

Apparently Meta is starting a hiring freeze for all L4/L5 engineers - it wasn't just me, it was hundreds of people who got their interviews cancelled all at once (at least that's what I've seen on the internet).

I honestly breathed a sigh of relief when I got the email though... now I get to dial off the Leetcode a bit.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Oh, interesting! Yeah, looks like it's all over blind, lmao. I totally understand feeling relieved. I ended up not getting an onsite at one of the ones I mentioned and was also kind of relieved.I envy your leetcode break (or at least rest-up), enjoy it! I haven't been doing nearly as much as I should, eek.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

twooldcat (05-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Late, but if it helps, I've interviewed for Meta twice and each time, I got rejected just because my code wasn't utter perfection in terms of algorithm design. I've stated to them how much value Meta/FB has personally brought to my life but I'm pretty sure they're only looking for perfect coders without evaluating for personality or interest in the company.

That and I heard that transferring teams is encouraged BUT managers can block your transfer with a bad performance review makes me wary of working there.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lluvia For This Useful Post:

Bear1 (06-01-2022),kittyray (05-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Yes just for having them on my resume.

Currently work as a process engineer at a manufacturing facility and plan on enrolling in a coding boot camp here in the next few months.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Good god no. I've read horror stories about really, REALLY bad shit going down on the metaverse... (you need an account to see links). It's not comfortable, read at your own risk.

Grooming and sexual abuse using voice communication and physical equipment on the body just makes me afraid for kids in a new exciting way. Combine that with Facebook's terrible moderation practices for their existing website (you need an account to see links) I don't trust these fuckers to be on the ball keeping their virtual reality playgrounds from becoming wild west free-for-alls of predation and exploitation in any meaningful or ethical way. Doing the right thing is clearly not a priority for Facebook, just look at Cambridge Analytica, how it decides what is and isn't terrorist or extremist content, or how a genocide in Myanmar had its roots on the platform. Why would they act differently when it comes to Meta?

Even if I didn't give a shit about how Meta could be used to hurt vulnerable people I'd still consider working there selling my soul for blood money while contributing to the walled garden-ification of the internet just based on Facebook's history alone.
    you talk to me you answer to my pig moomoo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhymes with Witch For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-03-2022)