6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m

Red face Spring cleaning!

Hi all Now that we are almost a month in to spring in the northern hemisphere (whether your local weather matches this statement is a different story... ), I am curious to know whether anyone here adheres to the 'tradition' of spring cleaning.

Do you follow a certain pattern or trend when the seasons change (not necessarily spring itself) to help refresh and renew? This could come in so many forms, not just the literal sense of cleaning Whether it be going through all your clothes or makeup and tossing/donating (whichever is appropriate) what you do not use, starting a new skin care routine, or deep cleaning all your carpets... share your experiences!

Obviously, cleaning is an all year thing.
    But this year I happen to be crawling out of a depressive pit so I decided to take sunnier days where I feel happier and better and use them to vacuum my entire room, clean the blinds, all my lamps, etc.. anything that collects dust (tissue boxes do not help my case, huge dust makers...). I also started going through clothes I no longer wear but this is a longer process for me as I have a lot of clothes and it takes a lot of energy.

As far as the little things go, I have been trying to perfect my hair and skin routine - change of season often ties in with this as my hair especially is affected by both humid and dry air. Deep down I know I should go through all of my tchotchkes too but I think I am a little too sentimental for that.

What about you? Have you done any major cleaning lately, or do you plan to start? It really helps improve your mental health, at least in my experience - although it is tiring to do it leaves a positive effect in the long run

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghast For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-14-2022),My name is Yoshikage Kira (04-15-2022),Zenitsu (04-14-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    You now I've never done a spring clean before! Is it something people do in different parts of the world? I generally just clean my room every week and get rid of stuff I don't need then xD I try to donate clothing I don't wear as much as I can, I've found that I tend to buy more clothes than I really need.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (04-14-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    You now I've never done a spring clean before! Is it something people do in different parts of the world? I generally just clean my room every week and get rid of stuff I don't need then xD I try to donate clothing I don't wear as much as I can, I've found that I tend to buy more clothes than I really need.
    Same here, I just spent all day cleaning haha.

I think something different is cleaning a bit more since with spring all the bugs come back. I normally don't follow major changes on seasons but I'm curious to know about others traditions :o

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Hollow (04-15-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Ah Personally where I am from I don't think it is a huge ordeal/tradition per se but "spring cleaning" is such a commonly used term that I was curious to hear if anyone partakes in it in a certain way! I definitely think seasons changing has to do with it in general; nicer weather tends to make people feel more motivated I think, especially those like me who struggle with seasonal depression (on top of other health issues haha), even then I think it is an interesting concept and if anything I hope that the mention of it can help other folks here think about their cleaning routines this time of year, or in general

I cannot say I am very good at keeping things 100% clean in general but something definitely bit me (figuratively) this year that made me jump in to "spring cleaning" mode I hope others can feel inspired too.

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    158 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Def time for spring cleaning. I did some early when my family came to visit me but other than that, I do have to go through the mess that is my closet and reorganize things.

I like keeping things tidy in my apartment since I live alone and gives me a sense of space without stressing me out too much.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Hollow (04-15-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Same here, I just spent all day cleaning haha.

I think something different is cleaning a bit more since with spring all the bugs come back. I normally don't follow major changes on seasons but I'm curious to know about others traditions :o
    Me too! Very interesting stuff for sure!

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I don't stick to "spring cleaning" as just a spring thing.
    My ADHD can get to a point where I can't even function, so I'm in a constant flux between a full day of cleaning and organizing versus being paralyzed and it building up around me. Routine, especially ones that are designed to be seasonal or long-term, don't end well, and I've learned that fighting it and trying to implement such things just makes it worse.
    Ideally, I would have that sort of environment reset every season, or have like a set day of the month for it, though. Hopefully one day.

이 끝에 우린 여기서
    지금 모습으로
    무엇이 돼야 한다면

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I love spring cleaning!

I have recently made a plan to start the cleaning this year just need some time to do it. Recently moved and realized I have way too much shit and probably would be better off without half of it.
    Going to throw out/donate a bunch of things, consolidate/organize into totes to make my next move easier. Going to repaint my furniture as well so my next place will look great.

Clothes are the hardest ones to get rid of So many items I haven't even thought of wearing in years but can't bring myself to get rid of them lol, or I get ideas to make them into something else but never do.

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Spring cleaning is hard for me. I'm incredibly sentimental and emotionally attached to way too much of my shit. I feel really sad (and sometimes guilty) at the idea of getting rid of certain things. I also dabble in a lot of different crafts/hobbies so it's easy for me to see something like a storage bin full of old baby dolls and think "ooh, that would be great for some sort of weird project". Every time I visit my parents I try to sort more stuff into save/donate/trash piles. More recently I've tried to have the attitude of "give it to a thrift/reuse store so somebody else can make a weird project, you've got too many vague ideas to do all of them and it might be just what somebody else needs". This past Summer I was kind of forced to do a good amount of Spring Cleaning (if you can call it that) because my parents' basement flooded and a lot of stuff was either directly wrecked, or later on taken over by mold/mildew (some of it we're only just finding, no idea if it's humidity or what). I know I have to start going through it all more intensely because my parents want to downsize and I tend to jump around to different HCOL cities where storage is a premium, not to mention how much it all adds up with the cost of moving.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Currently in the middle of my own spring cleaning! I'm also tossing a lot of unused or older things, but it's hard to let go of the borderline hoarding attitude lol
    Last year I experienced a couple of pet losses closely timed together and just spiraled into a depressive episode. Keeping things clean and orderly was a real struggle!
    Still kinda recovering from that, but what really helped me was reading 'The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up' by Marie Kondo. She also has her own Netflix show based on the book! Anyway, the author is just really positive and inspiring. Helped me approach cleaning and organization a bit differently and my living space just feels better recently
    I have no clue what I'm doing

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauvet For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-16-2022),Lyrichord (04-16-2022)