DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    GoldenEye for N64 - I was somewhere in the 5-7 age range and my absolute favorite thing was the paintball gun. I begged my parents to let me get one so I could repaint my room using it. They didn't acquiesce.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Alister (04-18-2022),Ghast (04-12-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    I don't remember a time when I wasn't gaming
    One memory that comes to mind is writing down all of the songs from Majora as well as the bomber code so I wouldn't forget them haha
    Another is the first time I managed to finish a couple of games 100% without looking up a walkthrough/guide; namely Tombi, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island

Userbars above are examples of my work, requests are open <3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    As I child I really was not into gaming.
    I drew with pen and pencil and made huge paintings that still hang in our house. I had art as a subject.
    When I wasn't drawing I was out on my bike riding around the neighborhood. Technology only entered my life in my late teens. I actually think it is sad that kids dont get to do that these days

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    seeing joes face when the aber gets something is nostalgic for me cant believe it was released in 2009

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    gonna really age myself here, but

(you need an account to see links)

some of my earliest childhood memories are watching my dad play games on MS DOS. As soon as I was old enough to competently use a computer he let me start doing it, too. I can still remember being in the first grade and scuttling downstairs to tell Dad that I cleared the one room in Eye of the Beholder with all the skeletons on the second level down, and how proud he was of me xD

shout outs to other faves: Any Sonic game on the Genesis or Game Gear, Ecco the Dolphin, OREGRON TRAIL AND AMAZON TRAIL omg, Tetris, Pokemon Blue & Crystal, Twisted Metal 2 and the umpteen hours my brother and I sunk into it, Gauntlets: Dark Legacy. Also Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, the MS DOS version. My dad was born in 1945 and never learned how to type except for the hunt-and-peck method. As soon as my brother and I were old enough to sit at a keyboard, he had us learn, wishing it was a skill he had been able to develop and assuming it would do us well.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of them. My dad is a total gamer nerd, and a single parent, and instilled a love of that stuff in me early. I used to come home from track practice and we have a StarCraft LAN party, or I'd get home from swim team and immediately grab my tablet to draw my neopets. I grew up out in the middle of nowhere, Texas and my childhood was a perfect 50/50 mix of time spent playing sports or exploring outdoors and time spent indoors doing Nerd Stuff
    Last edited by Alister; 04-18-2022 at 06:26 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-18-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    24d 22h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I have fond memories of playing so many games with my siblings. We owned a ps2 but purchased both ps1 and ps2 games. We couldn't save the game progress for ps1 games - if you lose or shut off the console, you start from scratch. We turned this into a challenge to see who could complete a particular game in one sitting - I remember Treasure Planet being a pain!

Naturally, we spent a lot of time playing multiplayer games - the Tekken series (lots of button mashing) and Extreme G Racing were probably our favourites.

All games I remember we played (might be forgetting some):

Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet: Deadlocked
    Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
    Tekken 3 (ps1), Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5
    Extreme G Racing
    Spongebob Squarepants The Movie
    Juiced 2
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (ps1)
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (ps1)
    Treasure Planet (ps1)
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Last edited by Dark_dragonz; 07-17-2022 at 06:37 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_dragonz For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-17-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    The first video game I recall ever playing was Pokémon Yellow. I was around 6 years old I think. I didn’t fully understand battle mechanics at first, but I was an advanced reader so I grasped the concept of the game pretty quick. I had my own GameBoy Colour (that pink one, obviously) and I got some more games down the road. That bubble trouble one with the little dragon like critters, I had a Mary Kate and Ashley game, I had some looney tunes one that I cannot remember what it was, and then I got my favourite GameBoy game: Pokemon Crystal. The cartridge was SO pretty… that sparkly silvery blue colour? To die for. And the fact that I could chose a character that was a girl?! Yes please. I don’t own the physical copy of it anymore for some reason (I think I lost it years ago when we moved) so I want to buy another copy for nostalgia sake. But it’s so expensive now. So I’ll have to do with a digital copy on my Nintendo 3DS for now!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-17-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I remember, as a little kid, going to a daycare type thing that had a SNES set up with a bunch of kids crowded around it and one of them was playing Super Mario Bros. 3. I waited for my turn but by the time it was, my parents came to pick me up I was really sad about it until my parents told me at home that they bought a SNES when they got married and had it sitting in storage (as well as a PS2), (and it happened to have Super Mario All Stars, which had SMB3!) so I started out playing games on the SNES. Besides Super Mario All Stars, I played Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, and Bart's Nightmare. On the PS2, I played the hell out of Sonic Heroes as well as Sonic Mega Collection Plus (which includes Comix Zone, a game I absolutely loved), Arctic Thunder (which they also had in some arcades near me at the time), and Crash Nitro Kart.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    117d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    on the original animal crossing on gamecube, i used to send my younger sister messages in her mailbox w weird cryptic messages. i sent her one almost every day. truly the highlight of my childhood.

i like plushie tonu & making silly art ૮ ˶ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ˶ ა

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeycomb For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (07-17-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (07-17-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Oh man it’s been ages but I remember a few good ones.
    I’ve always had fun kinda “voice acting” for my younger brother and my cousin growing up. They always thought it was funny.
    I remember we turned all of the lights off in my cousins basement and sat on the big comfortable couch they had and played Kingdom Hearts 2 and I narrated as Sora and my cousin and brother pretended like they were adventuring with me in his pocket LOL looking back it’s so goofy (lol) and made no sense but the way they’d laugh when I’d yell when I’d game over was so funny.

My friends and I were also SOOOO into playing Ratchet and Clank, Up Your Arsenal together and we had all of the cutscene movies absolutely memorized. Whenever we’d watch the “One of natuuuuurrressss mysterieeessss” we’d all yell it and my neighbor would run around with a hamper on his head???? Idk again, really silly but I miss being a kid and just getting that into a game.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

Dark_dragonz (07-18-2022)