Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m

cK Neocash Guide - Revival

Hey guys!

So as some of you guys might know, I was heavily involved in the Neocash trading/buying/selling scene a few years ago. I got some input from the clraik discord which made it clear that Neocash trading has been a mess lately. I am definitely a bit out of my element now but would love to revive this idea:
    (you need an account to see links)

So just wondering about a few things:

1) Any other actively updated guides other than ~Owls and ~waka (slightly outdated)?
    2) Would love some active traders to keep an eye on value boards to see/record information and trades.
    3) An update weekly with all the new information on Sundays would be sufficient?
    4) Do you think the inclusion of sale information would be beneficial to the actual values of some items?
    5) Do you think having a neocash guide exclusively to clraik is a good idea?

Want to help with the guide?
    I am looking for help with this as I work a pretty demanding job, and get drunk once in a while so my hangovers are real.
    1) I am looking for people who have MASSIVE amounts of NEOCASH trading experience. I am not looking for members of clraik who simply just sell. I want a few people who actually trade, know other ncers, how neocash trading works, and how the neocash chat works. You guys will be talking values with me, and help me update.
    2) I am looking for someone to help make a snazzy board, and other graphics needed along the way. +rep will be given.
    3) I am looking for EVERYONE on clraik, your friends and lurkers to help by contributing values when the guide starts here.

A little explanation of how this guide would be different...

So, there are a few ways this guide will be different.
    1) It's off-site. I know there are many who are afraid of clraik, but they shouldn't be. We have minimal drama, our staff is actually online/responds to complaints/takes action, and we really actually want Neopets to succeed as a site.
    2) Inclusion of seller values.
    3) Not governed by TNT.

Lastly, NO ONE OWNS THESE VALUES THAT WE CREATE. It's a community thing, and that's how it'll stay. When I can no longer run it, I will gladly pass it on to another user when that day comes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-05-2022)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,754 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    We actually have a database for this already, and one of our Neocash pricing solutions runs off of it. We've been waiting for the dust to settle on the pricing war over on Neopets before switching over to the latest set of standards, but we do have a lot to work with presently.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    We actually have a database for this already, and one of our Neocash pricing solutions runs off of it. We've been waiting for the dust to settle on the pricing war over on Neopets before switching over to the latest set of standards, but we do have a lot to work with presently.
    Is it only including off-site selling prices and what is on the currently outdated petpages? I think Owls is the only active one and it's missing 9/10s of the values.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,754 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Is it only including off-site selling prices and what is on the currently outdated petpages? I think Owls is the only active one and it's missing 9/10s of the values.
    It's off-site in the sense that the values weren't priced by us, but that's not to say that we can't repurpose it. We haven't bothered with Owls as of yet because nobody can seem to agree on whether or not to standardize it, and also because it's sorely lacking in valuations. Everybody uses guidelines from the Neopets community because they're agreed upon by the "non-cheating" players. We've entertained the idea of setting our own pricing up, but it wouldn't be of use to anybody outside of clraik, and history has shown that regulating our own market with fixed pricing drives sellers away to other communities.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    It's off-site in the sense that the values weren't priced by us, but that's not to say that we can't repurpose it. We haven't bothered with Owls as of yet because nobody can seem to agree on whether or not to standardize it, and also because it's sorely lacking in valuations. Everybody uses guidelines from the Neopets community because they're agreed upon by the "non-cheating" players. We've entertained the idea of setting our own pricing up, but it wouldn't be of use to anybody outside of clraik, and history has shown that regulating our own market with fixed pricing drives sellers away to other communities.
    I wasn't going to suggest that it be regulated but more like a guide so that people are aware of what things are worth. The inclusion of real value board checks and a combination of the on-site guides/market here would be useful.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,754 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I wasn't going to suggest that it be regulated but more like a guide so that people are aware of what things are worth. The inclusion of real value board checks and a combination of the on-site guides/market here would be useful.
    We've resigned ourselves to copying the value system that the non-cheaters are using because interested parties in this community don't weigh in when we ask them to. It's a neat idea for a project, but I don't imagine that people would want to put in the work when there are other options out there already.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    We've resigned ourselves to copying the value system that the non-cheaters are using because interested parties in this community don't weigh in when we ask them to. It's a neat idea for a project, but I don't imagine that people would want to put in the work when there are other options out there already.
    The reason for this guide is because there really isn't an updated value system on Neopets which is why I was bringing this idea back up.

Like if it's not allowed then okay but I thought this would be a really fun project for myself and others who wanted to help.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,754 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    The reason for this guide is because there really isn't an updated value system on Neopets which is why I was bringing this idea back up.

Like if it's not allowed then okay but I thought this would be a really fun project for myself and others who wanted to help.
    I didn't say that it wasn't allowed, but I did want to point out that the current guides are in disarray, and even the diehard fans aren't doing much to fix them anymore. It'd take a lot of dedicated work to fill in the gaps, and nobody would take a guide published by clraik seriously because we're the bad guys. Seems like an ungratifying situation all around, but go for it if you'd like.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I didn't say that it wasn't allowed, but I did want to point out that the current guides are in disarray, and even the diehard fans aren't doing much to fix them anymore. It'd take a lot of dedicated work to fill in the gaps, and nobody would take a guide published by clraik seriously because we're the bad guys. Seems like an ungratifying situation all around, but go for it if you'd like.
    I wanted to put out some feelers for who was interested and start this near the end of April. I'm going to be trading also so it's going to be a learning process for sure and just to be used as a guide for reference I'm hoping that between value boards, trade boards, sales and the limited guides that are around now... that we could get a good understanding of most values. Fingers crossed

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hi Bettser! Let me make sure I know what you're asking for: basically, an offsite, clraik-affiliated (or not, due to potentially driving folks away) guide that takes into account Waka and Owls values, along with any "word of mouth" values like you see on VC boards. I'll go through the questions you asked under the impression that that's what you're aiming for here:

1. Currently, Owls and Waka are the two guides that most traders are using. Owls decided to make a whole new dataset of values, so they're missing a LOT, but they do have the advantage of having some values that Waka doesn't have due to recent re-releases like the Retired Superpack Capsules and the JJPB suitcases. BUT, Owls only puts values up when they have 4-5 reports on a trade for that item. So most people do the following:

- Look for a value on Owls
    - Look for a value on Waka
    - Ask Owls if they have any trade data
    - Make a VC board

It's kind of a pain, lol.

2. Active traders... the dream...

3. Weekly updates might be a lot. I feel like you'd have to take the temperature of how often the boards are moving and when - trading has REALLY slowed down in some ways and gotten more aggressive in others. Obviously it's more active on the weekends, so you may need a couple of days to collate data. A bimonthly Wednesday update maybe? Or monthly? I don't know. Depends on whether you're trying to track values or trends in general, I think.

4. Sale information could be an interesting thing to add if the buyers/sellers were open to it. For privacy's sake, if it's a high-ticket item, it may be better to list it as box values instead of dollars so no nosy TNT member can track the like... one Sputtering Grey Mini-Monster still actively being traded.

5. I'm stuck on this question. I think that Owls does a lot of the hard work already in keeping track of community reports for trades, and there's even a non-wearables guide (on Valisar, I believe?). So really the only thing we'd be doing is adding VC board data to the equation, which doesn't seem like a good enough reason to make a whole additional guide. I do think that having values not affiliated with Neopets or the Owls team is good, but I feel like we'd end up using what Owls has for a lot of things, which just means we wouldn't be making a NEW values guide, just adding on to an existing one in a sense.

Sorry if this post told you a lot of things you already know. I wasn't sure how familiar you still were / are with the scene!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-05-2022)