Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 31m

Anyone wanna talk about Genshin Impact

The game has been uninstalled from my gaming laptop for some time but I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to talk about Genshin, lol. I'm thinking about trying to pick it up again this summer.

I used to play Genshin Impact a whole lot when it first came out in 2020 but pretty much stopped playing it seriously around May-June 2021. I haven't played it again in almost a year since I had a falling out with someone I used to play the game a lot with. I'm still stuck at Inazuma due to the amount of unskippable dialogue when all I really cared about was the unrestrained exploration, action and fighting. Problem with fighting is that you need to put effort and thought into your units' builds and most effect descriptions are too long for me to care since I'm a filthy casual. So you can imagine most of my builds are trash, I even at some point paid someone in Welkin Moons and art to farm artifacts and play dailies on my account. Then I basically dropped the game because I lost interest and just the fact the fanbase itself is, well, something.

I know a large component of the game is meeting and recruiting characters through the gatcha, but overtime I just stopped caring about new units so I can accumulate large amounts of Primogems. The last unit I pulled was Yae Miko since she looks cool with her aesthetics and I like playing ranged units the most. Other than her my other favorites are Tartaglia, Hu Tao and Diona. I was going to type a whole lot more but I feel like this is a good start!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to braixen For This Useful Post:

Swablu (12 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I absolutely love Genshin Impact.

I usually just co-op with my hubby. But what I like most about the game is being able to make it your own. I'm always finding something to do, and now that they've introduced a lot more quality of life updates its made things so much easier and for fun to collect.
    I'm a Xiao main through and through. I have him C6 and I've literally been running him since he initially dropped and base my teams around how I can utilize him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

braixen (11 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Swablu View Post
    I absolutely love Genshin Impact.

I usually just co-op with my hubby. But what I like most about the game is being able to make it your own. I'm always finding something to do, and now that they've introduced a lot more quality of life updates its made things so much easier and for fun to collect.
    I'm a Xiao main through and through. I have him C6 and I've literally been running him since he initially dropped and base my teams around how I can utilize him.
    I cannot blame you for being a Xiao main (I also got him on his first launch!), I completely forgot about him but I love using his elemental pogo burst skill so much. I also really like spamming his skill when in the air, it makes me feel like I'm getting to my destination quicker lol! I definitely think I would've used him more if it weren't for the fact I don't have a good weapon for him since Hu Tao is my secondary main as well as how every time I farmed for anemo artifacts I got shitty rolls. I highly agree with making the game your own as well, I found that I had the most fun in Genshin when I was collecting resources and Primogems from exploration. When I have the time again I need to see the QOL changes you speak of!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by braixen View Post
    I cannot blame you for being a Xiao main (I also got him on his first launch!), I completely forgot about him but I love using his elemental pogo burst skill so much. I also really like spamming his skill when in the air, it makes me feel like I'm getting to my destination quicker lol! I definitely think I would've used him more if it weren't for the fact I don't have a good weapon for him since Hu Tao is my secondary main as well as how every time I farmed for anemo artifacts I got shitty rolls. I highly agree with making the game your own as well, I found that I had the most fun in Genshin when I was collecting resources and Primogems from exploration. When I have the time again I need to see the QOL changes you speak of!
    I ended up getting his weapon on a lucky pull. I think it might also still be in standard banner so you might be able to still get it.
    The treasure compass now shows you where the treasure is on the map now instead of just pointing you in a direction which I have found to be super helpful. Esp in the new area I was able to find some chests rather quickly and 100% my map.
    Highly recommend.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

braixen (10 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 31m
    I ended up getting his weapon on a lucky pull. I think it might also still be in standard banner so you might be able to still get it.
    The treasure compass now shows you where the treasure is on the map now instead of just pointing you in a direction which I have found to be super helpful. Esp in the new area I was able to find some chests rather quickly and 100% my map.
    Highly recommend.
    Oh that is nice that it shows the treasure on the actual map, I remember using the treasure compass to find chests but because of the way it worked it barely helped at all. Also not even just Xiao's spear, I barely get useful weapons in general from the standard banner... I'm cursed with 5-star weapon pulls all being claymores. I hate using claymores so much

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Oh that is nice that it shows the treasure on the actual map, I remember using the treasure compass to find chests but because of the way it worked it barely helped at all. Also not even just Xiao's spear, I barely get useful weapons in general from the standard banner... I'm cursed with 5-star weapon pulls all being claymores. I hate using claymores so much
    I rarely run claymore users. I want to build up Navia at some point but I'm still a bit hesitant since she's claymore.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 31m
    I rarely run claymore users. I want to build up Navia at some point but I'm still a bit hesitant since she's claymore.
    What in the world with the way she looks she looks like she could've been a sword or bow user IMO. I quickly googled her and saw guns so her being a claymore was not the first thing on my mind. My first ever main was Beidou since she was my first four-star and using her sucked so much. I thought it was just her, but when I used other claymore characters I realized it was just how claymores played that sucked so much.

- - - Updated - - -

well not guns but you know, weapons of some type

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used to play genshin. I'm a hoyo simp and played pretty much all their games, currently maining HSR.

When I played genshin I was addicted. I would spend entire days going around full clearing maps and getting all the collectables lmao. I only played for a couple months according to hoyolab but I think this was quite a lot of collectables for the time played.

(you need an account to see links)

The daily routine killed me though because I'm lazy and prefer auto play, so HSR is perfect. Haven't missed a day of login since launch

Problem with fighting is that you need to put effort and thought into your units' builds and most effect descriptions are too long for me to care since I'm a filthy casual.
    There are a lot of good build guides you can just follow without putting much thought into it, they even have an artifact scanner that tells you which ones are good to keep/trash, which I wish they had in HSR. Though I agree about the effort in fighting, abyss was hell and I'm getting too old for fast, reactive action type games.

I'm a Xiao main through and through.
    I was a Xiao main too! I love him, I even have a figure of him <3

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    What in the world with the way she looks she looks like she could've been a sword or bow user IMO. I quickly googled her and saw guns so her being a claymore was not the first thing on my mind. My first ever main was Beidou since she was my first four-star and using her sucked so much. I thought it was just her, but when I used other claymore characters I realized it was just how claymores played that sucked so much.

- - - Updated - - -

well not guns but you know, weapons of some type
    Hubby was a Hu Tao main for awhile. And I remember he ran a team of all archers once and I thought he was nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paynis View Post
    I used to play genshin. I'm a hoyo simp and played pretty much all their games, currently maining HSR.

When I played genshin I was addicted. I would spend entire days going around full clearing maps and getting all the collectables lmao. I only played for a couple months according to hoyolab but I think this was quite a lot of collectables for the time played.

(you need an account to see links)

The daily routine killed me though because I'm lazy and prefer auto play, so HSR is perfect. Haven't missed a day of login since launch

There are a lot of good build guides you can just follow without putting much thought into it, they even have an artifact scanner that tells you which ones are good to keep/trash, which I wish they had in HSR. Though I agree about the effort in fighting, abyss was hell and I'm getting too old for fast, reactive action type games.

I was a Xiao main too! I love him, I even have a figure of him <3
    I've played HSR. But then I got a bit drained going between that and Genshin. Two battle passes was a lot for me lol

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

I've played HSR. But then I got a bit drained going between that and Genshin. Two battle passes was a lot for me lol
    Oh yea, I don't get how people play more than one gacha at the same time. I can't do it either. I honestly hope ZZZ isn't too fun so I can just stick with HSR lol