33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m

🦄 Unicorn Overlord 🦄

Picked Unicorn Overlord up because Atlus. I'm enjoying it so far, just completed the main Cornia quests and am about to head to Drakenhold. What throws me off a bit is 1) being completely overwhelmed by the tactics system, like where the heck do I even start and 2) I feel like I don't need the tactics system because I'm sweeping all the battles anyway and that seems odd for a strategic game. I'm just brute-forcing my way through everything with Aubin and Travis without any problems.

Anyone else playing? What's your experience like so far?

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I don't know why I read this and thought it was a My Little Pony like game. Then I saw a cover with a horse "Oh I see! Cool the mecha unicorns are fighting each other with their horns!"

But please disregard. I'm just a blind person who needs to focus eyes better lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Alister (1 Day Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    To be fair, when I heard there were a lot of great reviews coming out for something called "Unicorn Overlord" I was definitely not expecting a martial tactical strategy game. And I would absolutely play a game about mecha unicorns

the game is starting to ramp up its difficulty, I've had to sit back and redo my units and actually look at tactics to make it through some stages so I'm optimistic my strategy of just strong arming my way through everything is quickly fading as a viable way to play. trying to play this game past the tutorial stages when stoned is comically hard

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I played it at release and really love the game, but have put it on pause to play Dragon's Dogma 2 and Eiyuden Chronicle. The game is really pretty easy on the normal difficulty and the tactics are relatively easy to understand. The subreddit has a lot of great info, this thread has some great comps you can try. (you need an account to see links)

The gist is that Cav knights, Shamans and Gryphon Knights are OP and a couple of good squads can roll most everything.
    real men play neopets

6. The Following User Says Thank You to feign For This Useful Post:

Alister (1 Day Ago)