Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Podcast(s) Are You Listening To?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Two Hot Takes - Looks at r/amitheasshole posts and discusses them. Really enjoyable tbh
    Dark History w Bailey Sarian - Storytime about dark history that plagued the USA *mainly* Lots of stuff that the average person doesn't know about
    Mile Higher - Looks at true crime and conspiracy theories

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvid View Post
    yoooooooo how come i've never heard of dark poutine??? that's definitely up my alley, added it to my road trip queue - thanks!

i have such a soft spot for true crime podcasts, but only really listen to them when i have to drive for long periods of time because it helps keep me awake/engaged. my past favourites have been (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), and (you need an account to see links).

i love d&d, but have never been able to get into d&d podcasts - the pacing just feels too slow when you're not actually rolling dice yourself. anyone have any recs?
    I have just finished Bear Brook! And holy smokes it amazing what people could get away with back in the 70s and 80s and what our current technologies are doing to solve these cases! I don't want to give too much away as I don't eat to spoil it for other. I want to thank you for the recommendation! I may try In The Dark Now

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I have just finished Bear Brook! And holy smokes it amazing what people could get away with back in the 70s and 80s and what our current technologies are doing to solve these cases! I don't want to give too much away as I don't eat to spoil it for other. I want to thank you for the recommendation! I may try In The Dark Now
    oh my gosh, haven't started dark poutine yet (saving it for a roadtrip coming up in may), but i'm so glad you liked bear brook! the fact that they had to work backwards on the case and that it took so long is just crazy. they way he described how the killer operated with other people def gave me the shivers. i haven't actually listened to season two of in the dark, but the first one is a doozy. it's what got me into true crime podcasts!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvid View Post
    oh my gosh, haven't started dark poutine yet (saving it for a roadtrip coming up in may), but i'm so glad you liked bear brook! the fact that they had to work backwards on the case and that it took so long is just crazy. they way he described how the killer operated with other people def gave me the shivers. i haven't actually listened to season two of in the dark, but the first one is a doozy. it's what got me into true crime podcasts!
    I have just finished season 1 of In the Dark and omg I wanted to yell at car the car radio whenever the Sheriff was on. Was an absolute inept police department. So sad that it's not just there that the police department are so bad at solving crimes. I've never like the Sheriff system in the US and how they are voted in and run elections. So much corruption is possible. Anywho onto season 2 of In The Dark which also sounds like a doozy.

My plan after this is to binge season 2 of Escaping Denver. Then I'm open to some new recommendations.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I have just finished season 2 of In the Dark and the corruption on the judicial system is just astounding and to be honest quite disgusting. I dis not chose to listen to season 3 as it's very Covid based and I feel like I deal with that enough that I don't need to listen to it on a podcast as well. I did start up season 2 of Ezcaping Denver sadly there are only 2 episodes so far so I'll be filling with my regular true crime until
    More come out.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    the genre of podcasts i like are pretty everywhere, but some of the podcasts i really enjoy(ed) are:

story-form podcasts (like shows but podcast form):
    - motherhacker: literally mother turned hacker, dramatic in an entertaining way and had me binging
    - homecoming: more dramatic/thriller themed story about a caseworker and her relationship with one of her patients; was turned into a show

for typical podcasts:
    - reply all: an "internet" themed podcast, there's no real rhyme or rhythm to what they cover, but the stories they cover are always interesting! some of my favorite episodes are long distance (host gets called by a scam call center in india, pesters them, and then goes to india to find them) and the founder (about how a guy uses the internet to become a huge mob boss)
    - ologies: a science themed podcast, the host brings different scientists that specialize in different fields and goes super in-depth on the field. the oceanology episode really opened my eyes about the health of our oceans (why i try to only eat farm raised seafood now); but the fields range from harry potter, to covid, to pumpkins. very entertaining and informative podcast!
    - the adventure zone: if you're into d&d this podcast is for you! it's a podcast where three brothers and their dad play d&d together; their rapport together is so entertaining and the journey they go through together is fun to follow! i don't even play d&d but this podcast is definitely one of my favorites
    Last edited by Ghastly; 04-20-2022 at 08:48 PM. Reason: bolded titles for readability

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    I don't listen to many podcasts but the ones I try to keep up with are Neostalgia and Abroad in Japan

Userbars above are examples of my work, requests are open <3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 7h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    I've been listening a lot to Generation Why, True Crime Garage and Leyendas Legendarias, the first two are about true crime and the third one is in spanish and it's mostly true crime/ghost stories. I'm really into spoopy things and unsolved mysteries. Would love to find out other interesting podcasts that talk about those kinda topics!

I'm taking a trip in a couple of days and I want to save a few episodes to hear while I'm the plane

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 16h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Oh have two have I really like:

Red Web: Red Web dives into the Internet's most intriguing mysteries, conspiracies, and supernatural events. With an appetite for the unknown, Trevor Collins and his co-host Alfredo Diaz analyze various unsolved incidents.

BS-Free Witchcraft: Bullshit-Free Witchcraft is a monthly podcast on the Modern Witchcraft movement, minus any extraneous, well, bullshit. Look, aesthetics are great, and none of us would be here if we didn’t love the mystery — but there’s a lot of misinformation floating around, and this podcast aims to dispell it. It’s a show designed to cater to all ranges of experience — from those who have been witches for decades to those just starting out. We hope there’s something here for everyone.

Very different ranges of listening types but that's how my mind works and sometimes I need to learn/refresh and other times I want a mystery.

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Charmander (07-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    The last Podcast I listened to was Doctor Death, unless the random sports podcasts I listen to count.

Dr. Death was very interesting to me, as a surgeon myself. And very scary. And it was interesting to hear parts of the story through a medical lens and understanding what the narrator was trying to describe better than the narrator herself. But the podcast (and the story) can still be fully appreciated without any medical knowledge whatsoever

The sports Podcasts I listen to are basically just radio shows, but instead of being on the radio are just released directly onto Podcast apps. Since I can choose shows that are highly specific to a team I follow, I like that better than listening to say ESPN on the radio while I drive
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
    —Winnie the Pooh