Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Podcast(s) Are You Listening To?

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m

Question What Podcast(s) Are You Listening To?

What Podcast(s) Are You Listening To?

I am a fan of podcasts! I listen to them while I'm gaming, during my commute, while I'm doing chores and renovations. You name what I am doing and I am likely streaming a Podcast! I know we had a thread on Podcast suggestions however I found it less discussion based and more "Listen to x Podcast, I like it." So here is the place to discuss! Share what you are listening to but also why you're digging it! Is it the content?! The hosts?! Who knows, maybe your post with motivate others to check out what you're listening to. Or maybe you're listening to the same podcast as someone else and want to discuss episodes. Feel free to do that here! When posting about your podcasts feel free to throw in the show link so others can easily access the podcast your talking about so they can check it out too!

I am for sure a True Crime podcast enthusiast and I have 3 Podcasts in a regular rotations to get my True Crime Fill.

The first Podcast and my introduction into true crime Podcasts is (you need an account to see links). Narrated by an Australian; which is already music to my ears. This host does an amazing job of telling some major global true crime stories as well as local Australian stories. Who know Adelaide was so full of crime?!

My next leap into a true crime podcast was with what shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here (you need an account to see links)! This is a great podcast focusing in Canadian true crime. We aren't as nice as we seem folks! The two hosts are great and have an amazing way of sharing these stories while focusing more on the victims and the crimes impact more than focusing on the perpetrators. This podcast will also do "Away Games" where they do talk about out of Canada crimes. They also do fun Halloween and Christmas specials that are more light at heart. They also throw in some great comedy to lighten the mood on some of these dark topics. i would give this Podcast 5 Cans of Maple Syrup.

The third Podcast in my rotation is (you need an account to see links). Narrated by a soothing baritone voice this podcast examines the most disturbing criminal minds and the impact violent crimes have on survivors of homicide. I have kind of fallen off the wagon a bit with this one as there was a break getting new episodes.

Just recently I decided to try something new and listened to (you need an account to see links). This was more of a a mystery podcast that I felt was fiction posting to be non-fiction in their presentation. It is a story based on recordings a stranger receives from two individuals who were kidnapped and feel they are trapped in some strange military bunker under the Denver International Airport. I don't want to give too much away because I want you to check it out It was easy listening and I felt like I was watching the scenes in my head. Which may not have been a great idea when driving. Season 2 is coming and I can't wait!

I wonder if anyone here has checked these out or has subscribed to these podcasts!? What do you think!? Do you have any favourite episodes?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

birdies (03-24-2022),kittyray (03-03-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I'm a pretty sporadic podcast listener, but I lived in Colorado for a few years a few months of which were in Denver propper, so I'm very familiar with that airport. Last time I flew in/out they were even advertising some renovations with stuff related to all the conspiracies, I might have to check that one out!

(you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I don't really listen to podcasts regularly, but there is one I'm listening to as part of my project of watching every season of US Survivor.
    The Survivor Historians - It's a podcast about the US version of the reality tv show Survivor. The hosts are hardcore fans that know a lot about every season and every contestant. They are talking about each season in order, and telling some cool behind the scenes stories and more. All of them also watched every season as it aired, so they also tell about what the reaction was at the time, etc. Very interesting if you are a fan of the show.

A couple of years back there was another podcast I used to listen to, though I'm not anymore. They are still going though, so I'll tell about them too!
    Lost in Translationmon - a Digimon podcast that went through the entire series while comparing the original with the dub (and it's not anti-dub at all, btw). They also talk about Digimon in general and cover new episodes of the series as they air, etc (there is a currently airing season, and they are covering it as well).

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I'm a pretty sporadic podcast listener, but I lived in Colorado for a few years a few months of which were in Denver propper, so I'm very familiar with that airport. Last time I flew in/out they were even advertising some renovations with stuff related to all the conspiracies, I might have to check that one out!

That is quite the statue for there! And also what a name Bluecifer. I am now wanting to go down that path! Yeah from what I've also heard there are a tonne of conspiracies around this airport, they even references the renovations and such there as well. Allegedly even the art work in and around the airport is "strange" and people feel like they are subtle nods or cues the further feed those conspiracy theories. I would highly recommend it then if you know the airport. But maybe not right before potentially connecting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    I don't really listen to podcasts regularly, but there is one I'm listening to as part of my project of watching every season of US Survivor.
    The Survivor Historians - It's a podcast about the US version of the reality tv show Survivor. The hosts are hardcore fans that know a lot about every season and every contestant. They are talking about each season in order, and telling some cool behind the scenes stories and more. All of them also watched every season as it aired, so they also tell about what the reaction was at the time, etc. Very interesting if you are a fan of the show.

A couple of years back there was another podcast I used to listen to, though I'm not anymore. They are still going though, so I'll tell about them too!
    Lost in Translationmon - a Digimon podcast that went through the entire series while comparing the original with the dub (and it's not anti-dub at all, btw). They also talk about Digimon in general and cover new episodes of the series as they air, etc (there is a currently airing season, and they are covering it as well).
    That's neat! I haven't ventured too much out of true crime so I had no idea there were podcasts fully dedicated to TV shows, especially in such detail that you're describing. I think I need to venture out of my pigeon hole of true crime....but its soo comfy.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (03-03-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    That is quite the statue for there! And also what a name Bluecifer. I am now wanting to go down that path! Yeah from what I've also heard there are a tonne of conspiracies around this airport, they even references the renovations and such there as well. Allegedly even the art work in and around the airport is "strange" and people feel like they are subtle nods or cues the further feed those conspiracy theories. I would highly recommend it then if you know the airport. But maybe not right before potentially connecting there.

tbh, my shitty ex lives in Denver and even though there's zero chance of running into her during a connecting flight, at this point it's too associated, so if I never have to do that again I would not oppose, lmao.

And yeah, what a name, right?! They probably cover this in the podcast, but it killed the creator!

Here's a picture from the last time I flew in/out of DIA, should have taken more in hindsight!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    tbh, my shitty ex lives in Denver and even though there's zero chance of running into her during a connecting flight, at this point it's too associated, so if I never have to do that again I would not oppose, lmao.

And yeah, what a name, right?! They probably cover this in the podcast, but it killed the creator!

Here's a picture from the last time I flew in/out of DIA, should have taken more in hindsight!

Omg that poster is amazing. They actually don't talk about Bluecifer but thr show makes reference to kidnapping and underground Russian experiments.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    yoooooooo how come i've never heard of dark poutine??? that's definitely up my alley, added it to my road trip queue - thanks!

i have such a soft spot for true crime podcasts, but only really listen to them when i have to drive for long periods of time because it helps keep me awake/engaged. my past favourites have been (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), and (you need an account to see links).

i love d&d, but have never been able to get into d&d podcasts - the pacing just feels too slow when you're not actually rolling dice yourself. anyone have any recs?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Corvid For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-24-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvid View Post
    yoooooooo how come i've never heard of dark poutine??? that's definitely up my alley, added it to my road trip queue - thanks!

i have such a soft spot for true crime podcasts, but only really listen to them when i have to drive for long periods of time because it helps keep me awake/engaged. my past favourites have been (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), and (you need an account to see links).

i love d&d, but have never been able to get into d&d podcasts - the pacing just feels too slow when you're not actually rolling dice yourself. anyone have any recs?
    I just saw this response! Have you listened to Dark Poutine yet? What are your thoughts?

I may give In the Dark and Bear Brooka go. I'm currently caught up on all of my podcasts and need something more.

I am also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for more of a story style podcasts that plays out like a TV show. I enjoyed Escaping Denver's style so I was wondering what else was out there with that similar presentation style.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    So my parents didn't instill a sense of financial responsibility in me as a child.

Dave Ramsey's podcast has been an adult wake-up call on how to apply my money as an adult. Baby-step millionaire is how I conduct my day-to-day now.

I have a generous savings and my hubs and I (if we weren't military) would have already been able to own our own home. We sell to avoid dealing with renters, but it hasn't taken us long because of listening (and reading) Dave's stuff. He's got solid advice for anyone trying to save money in even the worst economy.

It took my husband years to get me on board with the debt tackling, but it's been such a huge relief not having debt.
    I'd give him a listen.

He does have some religious influence in his podcast, but it isn't the focus at all. We aren't religious and it doesn't come off as preachy at all.

He also has a few sidekicks who have great podcasts as well that branch off the main one.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-24-2022),Corvid (03-24-2022),Lyrichord (04-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    31d 15h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    My current faves are:

No Such Thing As A Fish

From the QI elves, a panel show about interesting/weird/funny facts. I'm in love with the whole team who do this, and there are like 400 podcasts so far as they were super early adopters so it's an ideal timekill.

Not Just The Tudors

I didn't know I was a history nerd, but it turns out I'm a history nerd. This is all about things happening during the Tudor period, but not just focused on the royal family.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-24-2022),Corvid (03-24-2022)