Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your least favorite Neopet species and why?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

What are your least favorite Neopet species and why?

Kiko Day inspired me to create a thread for species bashing rather than continue to unload all my Kiko hate in their birthday thread.
    Tell me which pets don't sit right with you and why. Feel free to even narrow it down to a specific color on a pet.

For me waaaay up at the top of my list are obviously, Kiko. They are horrible little orbs and their anatomy is a nightmare and an abomination.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Pre conversion they were at least tolerable but this current version is hell. If you zoom in on their transparent art they are literally a skull with a rib cage just haphazardly stuck to the back of it and arms that attach to that same skull. They are near impossible to customize and are just orb-with-limbs but not even the only or best orb-with-limbs Neopet. Jubjub beat them at their own game every single time. Their only redeeming color is Maraquan and that's because they're not the focus of it, the shell is.
    Also there was an Advent Calender video at some point that explained why Kiko have a bandaid and it is cannon that it's because they popped a big nasty zit under it. 🤮
    Last edited by Jackalope; 07-18-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-19-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (07-18-2022),Erik. (07-19-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-24-2022),Meepit (07-21-2022),♥ Shazi ♥ (07-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    god that transparent kiko is a horror beyond my wildest imaginations. it sucks bc they used to be so cute. i think that my least fave pet is the ogrin though. idk how you can make a giraffe(?) look that ugly but well done tnt!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oventoast For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-18-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    god that transparent kiko is a horror beyond my wildest imaginations. it sucks bc they used to be so cute. i think that my least fave pet is the ogrin though. idk how you can make a giraffe(?) look that ugly but well done tnt!
    Baby Ogrin are kinda cute but the rest... no thank. Though I believe they were specifically created to be ugly so honestly genuinely well done in that case.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I hate chias. Little eggplant looking fucks. Some of the fruit ones are alright but to me all the basic body type ones are like the visual equivalent of listening to someone chew on their fingernails. I hate that JN uses Thyassa the chia as the default pet when you go to the Petpetpet matching tool. UGH CHIAS I HATE EM

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-19-2022),Autobot (07-18-2022),Da Plushee Boree (07-19-2022),EnderTheory (07-18-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-24-2022),Jackalope (07-18-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I hate chias. Little eggplant looking fucks. Some of the fruit ones are alright but to me all the basic body type ones are like the visual equivalent of listening to someone chew on their fingernails. I hate that JN uses Thyassa the chia as the default pet when you go to the Petpetpet matching tool. UGH CHIAS I HATE EM
    Omg yes! They're horrible! They're just phalic enough to be uncomfy and they're another one that customization and god forgot. If they were deleted I would not care.

Pronouns
    she/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Honestly, any pet where the fist is even more unnatural looking than 'animal having a hand somehow' is on my nono list.

But also quiggles. We could have had a cute frog and instead we're stuck with an absolute monstrosity whose only purpose is being overused meme fodder.

(No hate if you love 'em I promise, they're just not for me <3)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-18-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Blumaroo. Everything about them just irks me to no end. Their bean shaped heads. Hands. Stubby legs with two toes. Just *shudders* ugg I really just big no

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-18-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Honestly, any pet where the fist is even more unnatural looking than 'animal having a hand somehow' is on my nono list.

But also quiggles. We could have had a cute frog and instead we're stuck with an absolute monstrosity whose only purpose is being overused meme fodder.

(No hate if you love 'em I promise, they're just not for me <3)
    I actually like them BUT totally understand not liking them I think I'm just desperate for a cute frog and Nimmo is so much worse in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Blumaroo. Everything about them just irks me to no end. Their bean shaped heads. Hands. Stubby legs with two toes. Just *shudders* ugg I really just big no
    I honestly like them but they are part of a long list of pets who's anatomy upsets me. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEIR MOUTH??? WHY ARE THEIR TEETH LIKE THAT????? Also the ear spine????

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (07-19-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-18-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-24-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Blumaroos are my most hated. Which is a shame because before customization became a thing they were actually somewhat cute. Their unique posing by standing on their tails, and the little heart-shaped pads on their feet were visible which upped their appeal a lot. They had a lot of cute colors then too.

Nowadays though they just feel... boring. All personality has been sucked out of them in their current pose, no heart feet, no tail stand, fist of doom, it's just all too much at once. Way to kill probably one of the more iconic Neopet species' designs.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-19-2022),Da Plushee Boree (07-19-2022),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-24-2022),Jackalope (07-18-2022),kittyray (07-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    so i went to look at the list of all species and i realized i don't like a LOT of them. scorchio, kiko, chia, flotsam, jetsam, buzz, poogle, koi, meerca, tonu, ruki, ogrin. also bori & lutari?? why are they so popular, they're horrible. i mever realized how many species i think are ugly oops