DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Why work towards post-related Pokémon userbars when you can just use a Ditto, Mew, Smeargle, Zorua or Zoroark and copy the Pokémon you want? Why bother joining clraik's Altador Cup community or art events, taking care of Ryugotchis, creating engaging posts, climbing community challenge ladders and so on when you can use a Mimic and clone the userbar you want?

Our hope is that creating content that rewards you for engaging with our community will facilitate further engagement. The userbars you receive are proof that you were here when something was happening, or that you worked hard and obtained something neat for your efforts. Userbars that replicate other userbars need to have limitations, or else we'd sabotage efforts to garner participation in the community. I appreciate the interest in adding more userbars with copying functionality, but this feels like it would ruin the sentiment behind what we're working for.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-21-2022),Charmander (09-21-2022),Cinnamoroll (09-21-2022),DarkSkies (09-21-2022),j03 (03-04-2023),TsUNaMy WaVe (09-22-2022),Zenitsu (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Oof ok fair enough. I don't want to take away from other people's successes, I just thought the function was really cool since people were talking about wishing they could trade their bars and it seemed like a happy medium but I get it. I would hope I didn't come across as trying to undermine the system though. I was honestly mostly excited because mimics are cute and almost the perfect shape for a userbar and I don't think there's much D&D rep on here so maybe instead I'll change my request to some iteration of D&D related userbars?

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (09-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Oof ok fair enough. I don't want to take away from other people's successes, I just thought the function was really cool since people were talking about wishing they could trade their bars and it seemed like a happy medium but I get it. I would hope I didn't come across as trying to undermine the system though. I was honestly mostly excited because mimics are cute and almost the perfect shape for a userbar and I don't think there's much D&D rep on here so maybe instead I'll change my request to some iteration of D&D related userbars?
    I'm going to second some D&D related userbars being something that would be super fun and interesting. You could do some really wacky stuff. Just off the top of my head:

A Deck of Many Things bar that maybe has a few different unique designs (and it swaps automatically between them when certain conditions are met? So you never know what's ACTUALLY going to appear in your stack.)
    A D20 bar, probably tied to a forum game where people try to hit a certain digit with random rolls? (If such a thing is even possible.) I've seen stuff like this on Gaia Online in it's heyday and miss that type of thing so much.
    A Bardic Inspiration bar, possibly tied to a creative contest like making up D&D related songs or writing short stories or poems.
    Gelatinous Cube bar! Possibly similar to Ditto in how you look for it and obtain it, but instead you get it because you "wandered into" the thing and it ate you. Very much has to be a gross bright green with bones or armor in it.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Ice (10-01-2022),Jackalope (10-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    After trying and failing some weeks in a row, it seems like I really can't make it to the movie night sessions when they are at around 4~5am my time ;~;
    Is there any chance we could have other time slots for these?

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    After trying and failing some weeks in a row, it seems like I really can't make it to the movie night sessions when they are at around 4~5am my time ;~;
    If the ones hosting these events don't mind, I'm a night owl by nature and could potentially pick up with a secondary event later in the evening for people on the other side of the world. Gives me a reason to actually have streaming services set up beyond my usual binge and cancel strat as well.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    We understand different time zones can be tricky for some of the userbase. Right how all of the staff and coordinators are in North America so this can be tricky for our userbase in Europe, Asia, Australia etc. In the past events have been done to try and accommodate some of those timeliness however they have had a poor showing even when interest was voiced and has left staff up very late or super early for a failed event. If there is something like a movie night or game night that you would like to participate in but timing is difficult due to time zones I will reiterate what I've said before. For something like a movie night or game night users are more than welcome to organize their own events like this. You do not need to be staff or a coordinator or staff to do so Having users in other time zones other than those in North and South America could be great in engaging more of the site userbase in these types of events.

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) thank you for your suggestion for the D&D userbars. With userbars the goal is to reflect themes, events and interests active on the site. For example everyone's love for Pokémon, event based bar like the Art Challenge or Bake Off, and seasonal bars like the Christams and Halloween bars. When it comes to D&D there really isn't much for activity regarding it on site. This being said this does not mean that if D&D became a more prevalent topic or theme or some form of event on site that your dreams of D&D userbars are our of the question.s
    @(you need an account to see links) in regards to you being a night owl and wanting to host some of those streaming events on Discord you are more than welcome to organize some to accommodate more users

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-05-2022),Jackalope (10-04-2022),♥ Rokon ♥ (10-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    We understand different time zones can be tricky for some of the userbase. Right how all of the staff and coordinators are in North America so this can be tricky for our userbase in Europe, Asia, Australia etc. In the past events have been done to try and accommodate some of those timeliness however they have had a poor showing even when interest was voiced and has left staff up very late or super early for a failed event. If there is something like a movie night or game night that you would like to participate in but timing is difficult due to time zones I will reiterate what I've said before. For something like a movie night or game night users are more than welcome to organize their own events like this. You do not need to be staff or a coordinator or staff to do so Having users in other time zones other than those in North and South America could be great in engaging more of the site userbase in these types of events.

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) thank you for your suggestion for the D&D userbars. With userbars the goal is to reflect themes, events and interests active on the site. For example everyone's love for Pokémon, event based bar like the Art Challenge or Bake Off, and seasonal bars like the Christams and Halloween bars. When it comes to D&D there really isn't much for activity regarding it on site. This being said this does not mean that if D&D became a more prevalent topic or theme or some form of event on site that your dreams of D&D userbars are our of the question.s
    @(you need an account to see links) in regards to you being a night owl and wanting to host some of those streaming events on Discord you are more than welcome to organize some to accommodate more users
    I understand your suggestion, but saying we should just "do it on our own" kind of defeats the purpose if you just want to participate. I know organizing and running any kind of event is not easy or simple. I don't underestimate this and I don't take it lightly, and that's exactly why I can't just decide to "do it", I currently don't have the time to take something like this upon myself. Maybe in the future, but not right now. I guess it might sound selfish, but I just want to simply participate, like others can. Not being able to make me feel kinda left out, and having these sorts of things also tied to "rewards" (be it userbars, discord roles or anything else you can use outside of said event) makes the feeling even worse. I know there isn't a magic solution for this, I'm just voicing how I feel about it.

I'm sorry to hear about failed attempts with events that had a variety of time slots. I'm not sure I know what you are referring to but I totally understand the frustration.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    A very small suggestion: Updating the "Which Neopet user(s) do you like or appreciate?" thread to "Who or what about Neopets do you like or appreciate?" so we have a spot to chat about things we enjoy on Neo more broadly than just talking about other users. I've noticed that a few of us use UYS to talk about things that make us happy for lack of a more general place for Neo positivity and thought it'd be nice to have a true UYS counterpart.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-21-2023),kittyray (02-21-2023),Mothman (02-22-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    A very small suggestion: Updating the "Which Neopet user(s) do you like or appreciate?" thread to "Who or what about Neopets do you like or appreciate?" so we have a spot to chat about things we enjoy on Neo more broadly than just talking about other users. I've noticed that a few of us use UYS to talk about things that make us happy for lack of a more general place for Neo positivity and thought it'd be nice to have a true UYS counterpart.
    Love it! Done.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Alister (02-21-2023),Ariealle (02-21-2023),Cinnamoroll (02-25-2023),Mothman (02-22-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    90 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hello! This is minor, but I basically live my life in dark mode for browsers, apps, or any GUI/UI-UX thing that has it available. For the clraik forum, I use the Black Stealth style for the site, but some areas are hard to see due to the colors chosen for the theme. When clicking on a profile on a post, I find it hard to read the text:

Would it be possible to change the color of the font to something closer to white/lighter grey? Thank you!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-15-2023)