Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: The Legend of Vox Machina

  1. #11
    darkzilla's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2022
    Posts
    13
    Userbars
    1
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    25/8
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Double.Trouble View Post
    Yeah I love Swords so much, I do wish though there were more Blade Flourish options that unlocked as you level up. The AC one was awesome and made mine super hard to hit. REALLY fun if you take Shadow Blade at level 10 and upcast it...

    I do want to play a Whispers Bard eventually!

    I was also thinking of going Djinni! The Efreeti is tempting too. I don't really have a solid concept yet but I'll definitely think of something when the time comes.
    I do love Warlocks, probably my favorite after Bard.
    I previously played an Archfey and Hexblade. The campaign the Hexblade was in died though because of Covid, but to be fair I didn't like the campaign and my character didn't fit. The DM just had no idea what they were doing, there was no story or reason for us to be together, and it was full of DMPCs that stole the spotlight lol.
    I loved the character though, and will keep it in my back pocket for a future campaign where they will fit. They're based off Rick O'Connell from The Mummy and their hex weapon is an Egyptian khopesh.
    Nice! Archfey is my second choice after Genie -- it's a tough call but both seem fun and flavorful. Hexblade seems really cool but I'm always tempted to multiclass instead of a full dive into it. That concept sounds fun, hope you're able to try it out again! Let me know if you ever need a ringer for a game...I have too many characters I want to play and nowhere near enough time

  2. #12
    Double.Trouble's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,132
    Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    27
    Thanks
    2,492
    Thanked
    1,883/609
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    54d 20h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzilla View Post
    Nice! Archfey is my second choice after Genie -- it's a tough call but both seem fun and flavorful. Hexblade seems really cool but I'm always tempted to multiclass instead of a full dive into it. That concept sounds fun, hope you're able to try it out again! Let me know if you ever need a ringer for a game...I have too many characters I want to play and nowhere near enough time
    Yeah mine was a full Hexblade. I know it's such a front loaded class so it's common for CHA casters to take a 1-2 level dip in it, which is cheesy lol. On its own though, the class is balanced.
    I still think the Hex Warrior (attacking with CHA) should have been a Pact of the Blade feature, rather than a subclass one. Would fix that pact not being so good for other Warlock subclasses, and fix the cheesy multiclass dip builds, since they'd have to commit 3 levels for it instead of 1.
    I haven't actually played a multiclass yet, but I'm always brainstorming ideas for one. It's always tough when it's casters though...falling behind on spell slot levels is rough. But if you're starting at a higher level, multiclassing sounds easier.
    Most of my games start at level 3 though, and a couple at 1.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

    -Proverb, 2021

  3. #13
    darkzilla's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2022
    Posts
    13
    Userbars
    1
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    25/8
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Double.Trouble View Post
    Yeah mine was a full Hexblade. I know it's such a front loaded class so it's common for CHA casters to take a 1-2 level dip in it, which is cheesy lol. On its own though, the class is balanced.
    I still think the Hex Warrior (attacking with CHA) should have been a Pact of the Blade feature, rather than a subclass one. Would fix that pact not being so good for other Warlock subclasses, and fix the cheesy multiclass dip builds, since they'd have to commit 3 levels for it instead of 1.
    I haven't actually played a multiclass yet, but I'm always brainstorming ideas for one. It's always tough when it's casters though...falling behind on spell slot levels is rough. But if you're starting at a higher level, multiclassing sounds easier.
    Most of my games start at level 3 though, and a couple at 1.
    Yeah, I agree with you on Hex Warrior/Pact of the Blade. It also feels like you'd never take that pact unless you go Hexblade right? And you're right that multiclassing with spellcasters can be tough. I tried the sorcerer/paladin combo that's popular for a one-shot and it was pretty difficult to figure out if I was doing it right (I misunderstood the # of spell slots at first and was disappointed with how many I got once I corrected it lol). I'm planning to do a Wild Magic Barbarian / Rune Knight Fighter multiclass for my next campaign which I think will be simpler than doing it with spellcasters but also still have a good mix of cool features. I do think we're starting at level 1 but I've been told it should go quickly early on *(you need an account to see links)gers crossed*!

  4. #14
    Double.Trouble's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,132
    Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    27
    Thanks
    2,492
    Thanked
    1,883/609
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    54d 20h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzilla View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you on Hex Warrior/Pact of the Blade. It also feels like you'd never take that pact unless you go Hexblade right? And you're right that multiclassing with spellcasters can be tough. I tried the sorcerer/paladin combo that's popular for a one-shot and it was pretty difficult to figure out if I was doing it right (I misunderstood the # of spell slots at first and was disappointed with how many I got once I corrected it lol). I'm planning to do a Wild Magic Barbarian / Rune Knight Fighter multiclass for my next campaign which I think will be simpler than doing it with spellcasters but also still have a good mix of cool features. I do think we're starting at level 1 but I've been told it should go quickly early on *(you need an account to see links)gers crossed*!
    Oooh cool! My partner played a Wild Magic Barbarian in a previous campaign and LOVED it. I played a Scout Rogue, but had a Rune Knight Fighter as a backup in case he died. Eventually I'll try that subclass out though.
    Right now I'm playing a Gunslinger in a western themed campaign.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

    -Proverb, 2021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •