Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite romance anime?

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m

What's your favorite romance anime?

In the mood of Valentine's day, let's share our favorite romance animes that melt our hearts

I'd start with Kimi ni Todoke.

Kazehaya and Sawako's love is so pure and innocent that it's almost childish. Brings me memories of my teenage years.

What is your favorite?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-24-2022),Cat Purrson (02-24-2022),Cinnamoroll (02-26-2022),Ice (02-12-2022),Ismira (05-05-2022),ZeroTwo (02-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Just gonna admit that I don't watch many romance anime. But I've seen a few.

One that I can wholeheartedly recommend is Asago to Kase-san. I love it so much. It is only a 1 hour OVA, but it's sweet as hell (and there is a whole manga about them if you are interested. Another good yuri anime is Yagate Kimi ni Naru. This one is a proper show (13 eps) and again, you can read the manga to get the rest of the story.

As for non-yuri romance anime, Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai and Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (what's up long names lmao) are great.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

ZeroTwo (02-23-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I am also a huge fan of Kimi ni Todoke! It's actually one of the very first romance anime I watched and it really left an impression (so much I had to buy the manga ). Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship is just so pure, I loved watching them grow both individually and as a couple.

If I had to pick one right now, I think I'd go with Violet Evergarden (especially the most recent movie, a must watch imo!). Everything about it is completely phenomenal to be honest. The story is great and poignant, the visuals are breathtaking and the soundtrack is simply outstanding! It didn't take long before I felt emotionally attached to the main character and I really enjoyed following her through her journey of self-discovery. It's definitely not your typical romance anime, but to me it's hands down the most beautiful and emotional one!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Stardust (05-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Your Name! I love love loveee the animation and artwork through out the entire movie. It may not be a series but I can't help but love the relationship between Taki and Mitsuha

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (02-24-2022),DarkSkies (02-24-2022),Emerchy (04-18-2022),Stardust (05-03-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 16h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    In regards to both the Anime and Manga - Nisekoi! I often go back and re-read it but the characters are just super cute and I love it to death.

Komi Can't Communicate is also a good one. I've been trying to get into it recently, but a lot of characters are turn offs for me personality wise. So I've been reading painfully slow or skipping chapters and urgh. I am probably gonna have to drop and come back with a fresh mind on this one.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Just commented this in the anime you recently watched thread... but Fruits Basket. It deals with romantic love, familial love, and platonic love really well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (02-24-2022),Stardust (05-03-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    Romance isn't its main genre over fantasy/action, but Yona of the Dawn. It's one of my top favorite animes in general, if not my absolute favorite. It's got a love triangle, sort of, but handled in such a refreshing way between the characters. There's a flashback episode early on to when the three main characters were younger and there's a scene that absolutely steals my heart. If anyone else has seen it, the scene when Hak is sulking after arguing with Yona and their next interaction. Forever rooting for those two idiots to get married oh my god

For more comedy and overtly romance, Peach Girl is so over the top and melodramatic and cliched and ridiculous but I love it. A bit of a spoiler but

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Emerchy (04-20-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (02-24-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    I am also a huge fan of Kimi ni Todoke! It's actually one of the very first romance anime I watched and it really left an impression (so much I had to buy the manga ). Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship is just so pure, I loved watching them grow both individually and as a couple.

If I had to pick one right now, I think I'd go with Violet Evergarden (especially the most recent movie, a must watch imo!). Everything about it is completely phenomenal to be honest. The story is great and poignant, the visuals are breathtaking and the soundtrack is simply outstanding! It didn't take long before I felt emotionally attached to the main character and I really enjoyed following her through her journey of self-discovery. It's definitely not your typical romance anime, but to me it's hands down the most beautiful and emotional one!
    Ahhh I still have Violet in my pending-must-see list. Have heard so good reviews from ppl I'm just terrible at procrastinating

Back to the topic. I'm not sure if it would be considered like 'romantic' but I really enjoyed seeing both EF A tale of Memories and a Tale of Melodies (loved both openings and animation though plot may get heavy or dramatic so not sure if classifies here).

I also remember seeing RomeoxJuliet anime, long and sweet with a bit of fantasy/mythology maybe??

Another one I saw but still missing almost all chapters (damn procrastination!) is The Ancient Magu's Bridge.

Those are the ones coming to my mind rn.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Your Name! I love love loveee the animation and artwork through out the entire movie. It may not be a series but I can't help but love the relationship between Taki and Mitsuha
    Stop no because this one made me BAWL MY FRICKIN EYES OUT. I’ve watched it probably three or four times now. The story and the animation is so beautiful.

Also how did I miss this thread?! This is perfect for more romance anime recommendations!

I also have to agree with Kimi Ni Todoke. I read the manga in high school. I wish there was an anime adaption of Sand Chronicles. That is also about romance and emotions in general. I’ve mentioned it before but it has stuck with me for years!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Emerchy (04-18-2022),Hollow (02-26-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Stop no because this one made me BAWL MY FRICKIN EYES OUT. I’ve watched it probably three or four times now. The story and the animation is so beautiful.

Also how did I miss this thread?! This is perfect for more romance anime recommendations!

I also have to agree with Kimi Ni Todoke. I read the manga in high school. I wish there was an anime adaption of Sand Chronicles. That is also about romance and emotions in general. I’ve mentioned it before but it has stuck with me for years!
    RIGHT?! I WAS ON THE VERGE OF TEARS! But I was happy with the ending, despite how sad the movie was ;o;

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue