42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    13d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by ucohuc View Post
    It finally happened. I bought my first house today. We had to compromise a little on what I wanted and location but it is still pretty wonderful. I have been living with my in-laws since I moved to this country in 2020 and now we finally have our own space. I can not wait. It needs a bit of work and we are getting quotes for painting tomorrow. We are not handy people and I don't want to deal with the vaulted ceilings. We might do the bedrooms ourselves though.

Anyway! Give me your advice. What are things we should do as new owners? Shouldn't do? Tips? Tricks? Anything! This is all new to me.
    Im sure the past few months of having your own space has been fun and exciting. Continued blessings and if you live anywhere where it gets cold, don't forget to winterize your sprinkler system!

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Look into getting a home warranty for at least the first year or two. Service calls are around $60, if it can't be fixed they replace at no extra out-of-pocket expense. However, most warranties run around $500 annually.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Congratulations! We just bought the 2nd home we've ever had and it's been great. If you live in an area that has a decent climate year round, you should get into gardening if you've got your own yard space. We've planted fruit trees, passionfruit vines, watermelons, pumpkins, papayas, avocado, tomatoes and a choko. With the impact of the fertiliser shortage, food prices will just climb. We are planning on painting our entertainment room ourselves. We want it to be synthwave themed! Good luck with your renovations. We're currently too poor to do anything major 😂 We have loads of bills and surgeries happening.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I’m quite late to this but congratulations! I hope by now you’re settled in and things are going beautifully for you guys!
    Buying a home really is such a good investment with your money.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Congratulations!! I bought my own condo a couple of months ago and am slowly planning my move-in (my current lease overlaps a loooot!).

Exciting!!