Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Question Mysterious disappearing REP from settings page

Hello,

Today I noticed that my most recent REP's all disappeared from my "settings" page. The only one i can see is one from 2018, but in the last week there were a couple new ones in there. The first one disappeared right when I got another one, and then when i checked later in the day the second one was gone as well. Never got any points added for the second one either. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't even remember the name from the REP i'd gotten this morning and i'd wanted to post on their visitor page or something but now I can't. Maybe it's glitched out?

Let me know if I should reach out to someone specifically or put this somewhere else.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Also ! I don't know if this helps, but the thread with the post that the second rep came from is no longer there. Appears it got deleted.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    It took me forever to get to Official Clraik because I would gain some and then lose some.
    Idk if it's users getting banned or the posts I got repped for were deleted.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can answer your question better but I have experienced this also.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

aymo (01-19-2022),Zapdos (01-20-2022),Zenitsu (01-19-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 11h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    The mods or someone may want to correct me on this, but did the rep come from any of the boards in the Spam section? I thought rep from that section didn't count to your overall total?

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    The mods or someone may want to correct me on this, but did the rep come from any of the boards in the Spam section? I thought rep from that section didn't count to your overall total?
    Some areas don't count, like UYS, correct.
    @(you need an account to see links), the ryugotchis are not for rep farming. As per the (you need an account to see links)
    Rep, +rep or reputation are points awarded to you by other members for exceptionally helpful or pleasing contributions. These points should be given whenever you've provided a useful guide, program or script, but can also be given if you've offered significant assistance or support within the community. The amount of points that a member can give depends on their own +rep, and can be a number between 1 and the specified maximum.
    Sometimes staff go through and check that it is being given appropriately. For major breaches of this, we'll issue warnings and such, but sometimes we'll just quietly delete it without raising a fuss. It is possible that one of my colleagues has observed inappropriate rep being given to you and removed it. I know you're very keen to rank up, and please don't take this the wrong way, but coming across as so desperate for it makes your actions seem insincere. Like posting a VM on every single person and the ryu thread? The implication is that there's quid pro quo, and you're wanting something in return. Likewise, the thread about MP turned into something that was interpreted all but asking for rep, manipulating people's emotions by saying how sad you (and other newbies) were about not being recognised. Posts like:
    Ah. Thanks. I need to get my old rank back soon. ;_; also - i scooped up a poop for ya!
    are exactly the sorts of behaviour that we're seeing and not liking. It's manipulative. It's also unfair to those who are doing the right thing. So please reflect on your recent behaviour and consider how it could be improved moving forward.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (01-19-2022),Buizel (01-19-2022),Erik. (01-19-2022),Ice (01-19-2022),j03 (01-19-2022),Pidgey (01-19-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (01-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    The disappearing rep was from a meme thread.

I think it’s a bit harsh to say all that. I do want to be helpful. It’s difficult to understand exactly what someone is supposed to be doing to become a full member of the community if they’re not a programmer or artist. I remember having a bit more rep before this year but I think maybe some people were banned or old threads were deleted as well. Sorry if i’ve upset anyone. I will take a forum break and try again another time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (01-19-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    231 times
    Time Online
    95d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post

I think it’s a bit harsh to say all that. I do want to be helpful. It’s difficult to understand exactly what someone is supposed to be doing to become a full member of the community if they’re not a programmer or artist. I remember having a bit more rep before this year but I think maybe some people were banned or old threads were deleted as well. Sorry if i’ve upset anyone. I will take a forum break and try again another time.
    I'm not a programmer or artist too but there are plenty of other ways to be helpful to the community. I think the problem is that you have the wrong mindset. You should want to be helpful and participate here for the fun and social contacts, and any rep would be a bonus, instead of you using any means because you want the reputation. Not meaning this in a mean way, just hoping it clarifies some

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-19-2022),Buizel (01-19-2022),Cinnamoroll (01-19-2022),Clefairy (01-20-2022),DarkSkies (01-19-2022),Ice (01-19-2022),j03 (01-19-2022),Orbit (01-19-2022),Stardust (01-19-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (01-19-2022),Zapdos (01-20-2022),Zenitsu (01-19-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 1h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post

Sorry to hear you feel it's harsh, but honestly, she's just trying to guide you into proper etiquette in this community. We have standards and regulations - please respect this.

You've been given two reputation comments, and one was deleted because it was a meme post. Neutral, sure... but meme's are effortless. As per Katie's post, "exceptionally helpful or pleasing contributions". If you take a look around the community, you'll find this type of content is constantly being produced by the users here. Perhaps being a little more patient is warranted.

Closing this since your question is answered.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-20-2022),Erik. (01-19-2022),Getwellsoon (01-19-2022),Mama Bear (01-19-2022),Pidgey (01-19-2022),Zapdos (01-20-2022)