DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Oh my oh my, great minds think alike friend.

I was actually sitting in bed last night thinking about how I wish I had the type of money to hire 50-100 developers/artists/behind-the-scenes office workers, do a complete overhaul of Neopets including but not limited to fixing all old games, new games, new areas of exploration.

Some things I would like to see -

Habitarium - I wasn't personally a player of Habitarium, but just searching Neopets alone you can find countless threads about Habitarium. As far as I'm aware it was just discontinued during the sale between Viacom and Jumpstart. (Note this could also be made into a Neopets mobile version that would require you to link your online username, to earn exclusive rewards/neopoints)

Keyquest - Same as above. From my understanding the code may have been accidently deleted, however I believe this would be a much more immersive mobile game requiring you to link your online username for rewards/neopoints (Requiring being the key, to bring more site traffic for old, and new users)

Neoboards Preferences page - It appears the preferences page has disappeared. It would be quite easy to add a link to the new beta version of neopets.

Lutari Island - Unused since the paid mobile subscription to Neopets. The island is already built, and many items regarding Lutari island un-used (Lutari Island Paint Brush). Some of the features of Lutari Island were also used and could be beneficial (The wheel, another bank link, the beads for userlookup talismans)

Battledome Defenders of Neopia - Also a few avatars related to this, can be added to the list.

Neopets Mobile -
    Coco Roller (I personally enjoyed this game, despite its simplicity. Would be an easy rebuild and would re-introduce a retired avatar, and stamp)
    L&L (Why was this retired? This was actually a well thought out game, and even had content built for it that was never used/released. Putting forth extra money towards things like this will inherently lead to further profit for the Neopets brand and Jumpstart)

HTML5 Version of Neopets Explore Map - The explore page is not very inviting to new users with a few tiles that list out the areas of the map. This can be built in a small amount of time.

Site event Plots/Battledome Plots - What more needs to be said here? Plots bring activity to the site. It gives users something to do, aside from their normal dailies or browsing the now ghost town Neoboards.

Re-releasing old plots without re-releasing prize rewards possibly (Except avatars!) - It's no secret, Avatars are a very popular portion of Neopets, and at this time you can no longer acquire somewhere around 40 avatars. A lot of these being plot avatars. Perhaps we could have re-mastered versions, or even plots re-roll back out on an annually or semi-annually rotation (Even if its 1 plot per every 6 months to a year apart). Rewards can be kept out to keep the exclusivity of the original rewards, but still allow users to participate and obtain old avatars.

Food/Books - Allow users to eat and read books without the username letter requirement causing your pet to not want to eat or read a book.

Avatars - As stated above, avatars was one of Neopets most popular features it ever released. Currently I believe there are 431 avatars, with a large portion being retired. New avatars tied to games, site events, puzzles, mystery (think back to orange cooking pot avatar), top 50 avatars, first 100 avatars (I saved mystery island avatar), can be created more frequently. Avatars used to be released on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Allow for more disparity between the avatar Neoboards by creating avatars only released to a certain amount of people, on top of avatars that are easy to collect, and some that are mildly challenging to collect, however with certain amount of effort could be obtained.

Punchbag Sid - Battledome related. It's been years since he's made an appearance, and I know I personally have never seen him. Was a cool little quirk/battledome feature that should be used again.

Random Events - Rehaul of some of the random events. A lot of random events Disappeared, and some of them NEED to disappear. (tooth fairy re-released) (Negative pet/shop/item/NP effects altered or removed) Please keep in mind the Tax random events are not included as they are specifically tied to a cool trophy to add to a collection

As previously stated Lenny Conundrum/Random Contest - Easy fix, dedicate a team member to create a category for the random contest and a challenging puzzle for users to figure out. This can even be done on a monthly basis to avoid putting too much man hours into it.

Shockwave/3D Games - Would prefer these not retire. Build HTML5 versions of these games. If that is not possible, build HTML5 sequels to the games (and attach avatars related) to sequals. Perhaps issue trophies for the originals to the new sequals to not leave out any newcomers from those trophies as they are not currently easily obtainable for most.

AAA Daily Dare/Gamesmaster - Another fun event that should be brought out on a more frequent basis. I believe the last daily dare was held in 2019, and the games master several years earlier.

Jelly World - Gigs up TNT, we know it exists. Add it to the world map list as well as place it on the HTML5 map that is created

Pirate Cove - Per NT Editorial, hopefully new and old items are looking at being released, but still adding to this list as I am anticipating it.

Hidden Tower - "Secret" Link needs added back to HTML5 map when created. Perhaps it's time to look at new items/retiring old items in here as well.

Roo Island/Moltara/Shenkuu/Altador - Some of the least visited places aside from some very minimal site events. Add more here for players to do!

Much much more to add - Will continue to think and add more later.
    Last edited by oxylolyn; 01-14-2022 at 04:00 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oxylolyn For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-31-2022),Ariealle (01-14-2022),aymo (01-14-2022),Cherubi (01-14-2022),Cinnamoroll (01-24-2022),Da Plushee Boree (01-14-2022),Getwellsoon (01-14-2022),kittyray (01-14-2022),Lyrichord (01-14-2022),PeeweeFurman (01-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by oxylolyn View Post
    Oh my oh my, great minds think alike friend.

I was actually sitting in bed last night thinking about how I wish I had the type of money to hire 50-100 developers/artists/behind-the-scenes office workers, do a complete overhaul of Neopets including but not limited to fixing all old games, new games, new areas of exploration.

Some things I would like to see -

Habitarium - I wasn't personally a player of Habitarium, but just searching Neopets alone you can find countless threads about Habitarium. As far as I'm aware it was just discontinued during the sale between Viacom and Jumpstart. (Note this could also be made into a Neopets mobile version that would require you to link your online username, to earn exclusive rewards/neopoints)

Keyquest - Same as above. From my understanding the code may have been accidently deleted, however I believe this would be a much more immersive mobile game requiring you to link your online username for rewards/neopoints (Requiring being the key, to bring more site traffic for old, and new users)

Neoboards Preferences page - It appears the preferences page has disappeared. It would be quite easy to add a link to the new beta version of neopets.

Lutari Island - Unused since the paid mobile subscription to Neopets. The island is already built, and many items regarding Lutari island un-used (Lutari Island Paint Brush). Some of the features of Lutari Island were also used and could be beneficial (The wheel, another bank link, the beads for userlookup talismans)

Battledome Defenders of Neopia - Also a few avatars related to this, can be added to the list.

Neopets Mobile -
    Coco Roller (I personally enjoyed this game, despite its simplicity. Would be an easy rebuild and would re-introduce a retired avatar, and stamp)
    L&L (Why was this retired? This was actually a well thought out game, and even had content built for it that was never used/released. Putting forth extra money towards things like this will inherently lead to further profit for the Neopets brand and Jumpstart)

HTML5 Version of Neopets Explore Map - The explore page is not very inviting to new users with a few tiles that list out the areas of the map. This can be built in a small amount of time.

Site event Plots/Battledome Plots - What more needs to be said here? Plots bring activity to the site. It gives users something to do, aside from their normal dailies or browsing the now ghost town Neoboards.

Re-releasing old plots without re-releasing prize rewards possibly (Except avatars!) - It's no secret, Avatars are a very popular portion of Neopets, and at this time you can no longer acquire somewhere around 40 avatars. A lot of these being plot avatars. Perhaps we could have re-mastered versions, or even plots re-roll back out on an annually or semi-annually rotation (Even if its 1 plot per every 6 months to a year apart). Rewards can be kept out to keep the exclusivity of the original rewards, but still allow users to participate and obtain old avatars.

Food/Books - Allow users to eat and read books without the username letter requirement causing your pet to not want to eat or read a book.

Avatars - As stated above, avatars was one of Neopets most popular features it ever released. Currently I believe there are 431 avatars, with a large portion being retired. New avatars tied to games, site events, puzzles, mystery (think back to orange cooking pot avatar), top 50 avatars, first 100 avatars (I saved mystery island avatar), can be created more frequently. Avatars used to be released on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Allow for more disparity between the avatar Neoboards by creating avatars only released to a certain amount of people, on top of avatars that are easy to collect, and some that are mildly challenging to collect, however with certain amount of effort could be obtained.

Punchbag Sid - Battledome related. It's been years since he's made an appearance, and I know I personally have never seen him. Was a cool little quirk/battledome feature that should be used again.

Random Events - Rehaul of some of the random events. A lot of random events Disappeared, and some of them NEED to disappear. (tooth fairy re-released) (Negative pet/shop/item/NP effects altered or removed) Please keep in mind the Tax random events are not included as they are specifically tied to a cool trophy to add to a collection

As previously stated Lenny Conundrum/Random Contest - Easy fix, dedicate a team member to create a category for the random contest and a challenging puzzle for users to figure out. This can even be done on a monthly basis to avoid putting too much man hours into it.

Shockwave/3D Games - Would prefer these not retire. Build HTML5 versions of these games. If that is not possible, build HTML5 sequels to the games (and attach avatars related) to sequals. Perhaps issue trophies for the originals to the new sequals to not leave out any newcomers from those trophies as they are not currently easily obtainable for most.

AAA Daily Dare/Gamesmaster - Another fun event that should be brought out on a more frequent basis. I believe the last daily dare was held in 2019, and the games master several years earlier.

Jelly World - Gigs up TNT, we know it exists. Add it to the world map list as well as place it on the HTML5 map that is created

Pirate Cove - Per NT Editorial, hopefully new and old items are looking at being released, but still adding to this list as I am anticipating it.

Hidden Tower - "Secret" Link needs added back to HTML5 map when created. Perhaps it's time to look at new items/retiring old items in here as well.

Roo Island/Moltara/Shenkuu/Altador - Some of the least visited places aside from some very minimal site events. Add more here for players to do!

Much much more to add - Will continue to think and add more later.

i would stick an entire foot in my mouth to have habitarium, key quest, and ghoul catchers back. i really miss having those mini games that you can actually make NP with.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    The fact that keyquest is still broken is 90% of the reason I quit neopets.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    The fact that keyquest is still broken is 90% of the reason I quit neopets.
    it's the reason i play for a month then lose interest for the next ~11 months every year. there is NOTHING to do on the site anymore. i recently restocked a morphing potion in the middle of the night and put it in my shop for lowest sw price and nobody is buying it. most the site activities that are left are kind of a waste of time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-31-2022),Synth Salazzle (01-14-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    it's the reason i play for a month then lose interest for the next ~11 months every year. there is NOTHING to do on the site anymore. i recently restocked a morphing potion in the middle of the night and put it in my shop for lowest sw price and nobody is buying it. most the site activities that are left are kind of a waste of time.
    I used to grind keyquest constantly, like there was a point when it was my entire hobby, I liked saving up keys and mass opening stuff. I got so many lab map pieces and codestones at once that way and made such a profit without even cheating at neopets. I miss key quest.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

aymo (01-14-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    updated and will be doing more soon! keep it coming

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Something you can add to the same category as "Multiplayer Games" - World Challenges. Allow that 1 hour time slot for a few people to challenge each other in games to win the world challenge map pieces for prizes.

Another way to add to the competitive/social side of neopets.

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    16d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Just had one suddenly spring to mind - pet images being broken on the search page. They used to display no problem when the beta search page was first introduced, then shortly afterwards broke without warning or explanation.

Had to step away for a year or so due to life being in the way, apologies for the PMs I missed during that time.
    If you are still interested in a trade or sale from that time, please don't hesitate to reach out to me again.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewgong View Post
    Just had one suddenly spring to mind - pet images being broken on the search page. They used to display no problem when the beta search page was first introduced, then shortly afterwards broke without warning or explanation.
    This is one of those things that I've noticed but I'm so used to neopets being broken that I never really thought about it once it started. But I just took a peek at the code and it's trying to load:

but:

is the correct path. Looks like everything else that loads is under images.neopets...

go figure

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Getwellsoon (01-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Small thing, but the Tooth Faerie avatar was just kind of forgotten in the 2014 revamp rather than formally retired & there's no reason not to bring her back

Also to add to what's wrong with the Beauty Contest, the coding on the voting pages is a nightmare
    • The main voting page with all the entries, neopets.com/beauty/vote.phtml, blocks right clicks (because we "should NOT be copying someone else's image from the Beauty Contest"), but on top of being outdated af in general that inexplicably isn't true on individual pets' voting pages.. you know, where the non-thumbnail images are
    • There also aren't new urls attached to each species category, so if you look up a species and click on an entry, clicking back from there doesn't remember you'd selected a species and goes back to showing all of them
    • Those two together mean you can neither right click to open multiple entries in new tabs nor view an entry and go back to the species page you were at before, you have to re-select a species from the dropdown again
    • And great news, the order of the entries is randomized, so if there are multiple pages in a given species you have to like keep track of what you've already seen and look for the ones you still want to view
    • Even my go-to manual workaround - opening the vote link for a random pet, copying it into multiple tabs, then copying all the pet names I want to look at directly into those urls - isn't fully functional because pet names on beauty/vote.phtml will cut off if they're over a certain length

It could just be SO much smoother than it is. The randomized order is valuable for sure, but can there not be a cookie or something that lets me keep ~my~ order for at least a few minutes? And yeah add species urls / abolish the stupid right click thing / make this pet name character limit equal to the actual pet name character limit
    Last edited by Druid; 01-27-2022 at 04:55 PM.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (01-27-2022)