Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will UC Pets become worthless once they are sold in the NC Store?

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakugo View Post
    They said they were going to make them tradable, yet also try to ensure that current UCs keep their value. The only things I can think of are a high cash price or limiting creation to once per year across all accounts or something like that. I considered whether they would limit it to Premium, but that would piss a lot of people off, especially since a lot of people claim to have dropped the service. Regardless of how they proceed, values will take at least a slight hit.
    Also there is the fact that NC UCs means profits to TNT, so economically speaking it would be very convenient to allow to create multiple skins or whatever they release. I believe the higher price would be the better way to make the most.

But then again, pet slots being tradeable would have also turn out into more cash (though there is still the gift option being worked out?).

Btw may I ask where do they say NC UCs would be tradeable? I'm genuinely curious about this :o

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Also curious - most of what I've seen has implied they won't be, but I don't think I've seen any definitive statements. To make the most money, you'd assume they'd want them to be non-tradeable so people have to buy new skins for all the pets they want to unconvert. There would also be a big issue with the fact that if you could buy a 1000nc skin and trade it for a BD pet or RN that would literally be buying pets.

They'll already be making it legal for us to buy pets as long as it's from them, but there will be some real murky water if we can use NC to legitimately buy from each other. In terms of the aesthetics of how this works they're going to need to tread carefully, that's part of why I think UC conversion may well be a wearable item for your pet rather than something that changes the base pet.

Buuuut we'll see.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    947 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Would also like to see a quote or something where they specified they will be tradeable.

I agree that it's in TNT's absolute best interest (as well as for the "health" of the PC, and ofc I say that loosely bc it's already so fucking septic anyway lol) to make whatever NC UC option account bound in some way. But I absolutely don't have the faith they are smart enough to go that route, weenies. Go ahead TNT, make me take my words back.

Also I believe UCs will still retain some kind of value at the very least because there will always be some people who aren't able to spend real money for NC, but they do seem far and few between. Either way depending on price, the black market will probably see some kind of weird flux where the high tiers drop a lot while the low tiers can still sell, since you can pay 30 for a nice T3 or something here rather than potentially 50 via NC UC (for example) but 50 will be a steal for an UC royal.

Anything non VWN will probably be worthless, though ripperoni.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Getwellsoon (01-13-2022),Miri (01-13-2022),XER0 (01-14-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    They have to find a price point that doesn’t make them super extremely obtainable but still reasonable/normal. Around 5000 nc each pet. They already saw how readily people purchased the $35 pet slot pack. That way people aren’t trying to spend $200-300 for a royal, plushie etc on black market. At $50 a pet.. with many people waiting to unconvert several.. they’ll see around $150-400 spend per user and regain huge portion of control of the pet market

If they do a PURGE at the same or right before release.. GG TNT. They’ll be on the next edition of a college business textbook for making a smart business decision.

THE NEOPETS TEAM.. if you read this.. listen to me..
    Last edited by Miri; 01-13-2022 at 11:01 AM.

u 'mirin?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (01-13-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm not sure. I recently purchased the last couple of UC I wanted. I was going to hold off because I thought it would be cheaper through NC but I decided what the heck. The site is gonna die eventually so my money will be wasted anyway. Might as well enjoy it now.
    I hope that they differentiate between the two. NC ones untradable or a trophy? But who really knows.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ucohuc For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (01-27-2022),Goddammit (01-13-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    They have to find a price point that doesn’t make them super extremely obtainable but still reasonable/normal. Around 5000 nc each pet. They already saw how readily people purchased the $35 pet slot pack. That way people aren’t trying to spend $200-300 for a royal, plushie etc on black market. At $50 a pet.. with many people waiting to unconvert several.. they’ll see around $150-400 spend per user and regain huge portion of control of the pet market

If they do a PURGE at the same or right before release.. GG TNT. They’ll be on the next edition of a college business textbook for making a smart business decision.

THE NEOPETS TEAM.. if you read this.. listen to me..

The real sly decision would be:

Release UC conversion - account locked, each purchase can be used once on one pet - everyone rushes to get their UCs.

2 weeks - 1 month later do a purge and there's a new rush to unconvert all the new shiny names people have got.

2 - 4 months later when people are frustrated over not getting the names they wanted, make names no longer unique and introduce a NC 'Magic nickname wand' that lets you rename a pet to whatever you want. Give every user one free as a 'nice gesture'. People pay to rename their old 'VBN' UCs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Maneki Neko (01-13-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post

Release UC conversion - account locked, each purchase can be used once on one pet - everyone rushes to get their UCs.

2 weeks - 1 month later do a purge and there's a new rush to unconvert all the new shiny names people have got.

2 - 4 months later when people are frustrated over not getting the names they wanted, make names no longer unique and introduce a NC 'Magic nickname wand' that lets you rename a pet to whatever you want. Give every user one free as a 'nice gesture'. People pay to rename their old 'VBN' UCs.
    That would be good. But then again TNT is not known for taking good decisions (or should I say Jumpstart?). But please I'd be so glad if they shut me up this time

Also if they release new NC UCs later I think I'd cave in buying.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    UC worth depends on what route TNT is going with this. A skin? a trophy? Non-tradeable? Toggle function? High price tag?

I'm sure all VWN/RN/aged pets are going to skyrocket even more in terms of popularity because of all this UC hype (it's already getting ridiculous). Of course, if anything is going to tank it will be BN and low tier UCs.

I can just see all the 3L RW/RN UC T10's and all the admiration+loathing that will follow. I sincerely hope whatever TNT plans on doing they definitely give it some thought but, all in all, you won't be able to please everybody. No matter what they do there will be disappointment in some form or another.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    12d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Please god not a skin. I want the pet to be straight up unconverted. I'd be down with there being a limit. And as much as I love my black market goodies, I think it would be in their best interests to take control of buying pets in their own way. People will always find things desirable enough they go to the black market, but they can at least try to scoop in as much cash as they can so they can fix their spaghetti coded mess of a website

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maneki Neko For This Useful Post:

aymo (01-15-2022),Goddammit (01-13-2022),kittyray (01-13-2022),Orbit (01-13-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post

Name change idea is awesome. They have so many ways to further monetize that we would be happy for

u 'mirin?