Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War coming in October 2022!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m

Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War coming in October 2022!

YOU GUYS.

I am PUMPED for this! I've been waiting years for the return of the Bleach anime!

New trailer just dropped today, check it out:

For anyone that read the manga all the way to the final arc, what do you all think of this?

Thoughts?

I'm so excited! Bring on October!

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-24-2022),Autobot (10-06-2022),Buizel (12-24-2021),Emerchy (04-20-2022),Ice (07-05-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-17-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I saw this trailer back on Reddit when it came out I think but gah I don't know what to think. It looks so slick, but the last arc was a MESS. Maybe the anime can fix some of the issues..? That said, I've been meaning to do a re-read of Bleach up to Fake Karakura Town, which I maintain as the One True EndingTM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Hollow (02-28-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I saw this trailer back on Reddit when it came out I think but gah I don't know what to think. It looks so slick, but the last arc was a MESS. Maybe the anime can fix some of the issues..? That said, I've been meaning to do a re-read of Bleach up to Fake Karakura Town, which I maintain as the One True EndingTM.

Oh man I did a recent re-read not that long ago (and rewatch of the anime) and man the SS arc is still my favourite! I agree that I think it should have ended at the end of the fake Karakura town arc, or at the full bring arc. I'm still salty about ichiruki not happening though. I'll never let that down ;n;

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-01-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Oh man I did a recent re-read not that long ago (and rewatch of the anime) and man the SS arc is still my favourite! I agree that I think it should have ended at the end of the fake Karakura town arc, or at the full bring arc. I'm still salty about ichiruki not happening though. I'll never let that down ;n;

Soul Society arc is top tier! Honestly so good I reread it back when Bleach ended, which I guess was a while ago now (how time flies). Bleach was my first anime growing up and I watched ALL of the numerous filler arcs up through Hueco Mundo without knowing what a filler arc was (and enjoying them hahaha). I also clearly remember watching the episodes on Youtube before YT got bought and it was all taken down.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Soul Society arc is top tier! Honestly so good I reread it back when Bleach ended, which I guess was a while ago now (how time flies). Bleach was my first anime growing up and I watched ALL of the numerous filler arcs up through Hueco Mundo without knowing what a filler arc was (and enjoying them hahaha). I also clearly remember watching the episodes on Youtube before YT got bought and it was all taken down.

YES! SS ARC WAS AMAZING.I actually really enjoyed the Zanpakutou killer arc, the only filler I really liked, I always skipped the Bount arc when I rewatched the anime though xD

I never finished Naruto, I stopped after the Sasuke vs Itatchi fight, but I've heard how badly Boruto flopped :0

Last edited by Hollow; 03-01-2022 at 05:27 AM.

*that's rough buddy*

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    YES! SS ARC WAS AMAZING.I actually really enjoyed the Zanpakutou killer arc, the only filler I really liked, I always skipped the Bount arc when I rewatched the anime though xD

I never finished Naruto, I stopped after the Sasuke vs Itatchi fight, but I've heard how badly Boruto flopped :0

For some reason I remember the bad guys for the Bount arc, but I can't remember what actually happened. But my brain is telling me it was quite similar to the Fullbring arc that was canon? Omg why were there so many powers HAHA. I kind of wish Kubo had just skipped from Hueco Mundo/FKT to TYBW because the Quincy-Shinigami conflict was introduced so early in the series and would have made a great payoff if it had been fleshed out! So much happened so quickly

I feel like the lore was there but the storytelling was suboptimal, so it would be great to see these things fixed! Apparently there are extra books that pad things out and give us a look into where characters are later, but I didn't follow much after!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    For some reason I remember the bad guys for the Bount arc, but I can't remember what actually happened. But my brain is telling me it was quite similar to the Fullbring arc that was canon? Omg why were there so many powers HAHA. I kind of wish Kubo had just skipped from Hueco Mundo/FKT to TYBW because the Quincy-Shinigami conflict was introduced so early in the series and would have made a great payoff if it had been fleshed out! So much happened so quickly

I feel like the lore was there but the storytelling was suboptimal, so it would be great to see these things fixed! Apparently there are extra books that pad things out and give us a look into where characters are later, but I didn't follow much after!
    I tend to purposely forget the bount arc xD The full bring arc felt very slice of life too, like it was so chill until the end - which almost felt like a physiological horror movie for Ichigo xD

*that's rough buddy*

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I'm sad to say I've never seen Bleach but maybe I should start?? >.<

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I tend to purposely forget the bount arc xD The full bring arc felt very slice of life too, like it was so chill until the end - which almost felt like a physiological horror movie for Ichigo xD

And yeah I did hear Kubo was sick, and honestly the manga schedule seems BRUTAL for mangaka!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    If you watch it I'd recommend checking which arcs are filler and skipping them, and stopping at the end of the Fake Karakura Town arc (FKT) to see if the last season that's coming out fixes things and makes the whole show more satisfying than stopping at FKT, which makes for a really satisfying end in itself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (03-02-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m

And yeah I did hear Kubo was sick, and honestly the manga schedule seems BRUTAL for mangaka!

- - - Updated - - -

If you watch it I'd recommend checking which arcs are filler and skipping them, and stopping at the end of the Fake Karakura Town arc (FKT) to see if the last season that's coming out fixes things and makes the whole show more satisfying than stopping at FKT, which makes for a really satisfying end in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    I highly recommend watching it! It is a long series, but if you do watch it now you'll be just in time to pick up the return of the anime! There is also list a filler arcs you can find that will tell you which are plot and which are filler, then you can just skip all the filler

Filler/plot list here: https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach

*that's rough buddy*

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (03-02-2022)