Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Question New to selling Neopets items for USD

Hello guys! I just joined here and I am planning on selling a lot of my things on Neopets for USD. I have played Neopets since I was a kid, but since I don't use it anymore I thought maybe someone else should be able to enjoy it.

However - Seeing as I've never sold anything, nor bought anything for USD, I have no clue how much things are worth. I've tried to search for specific items and going through the threads, but people rarely state the value of each specific item.

How do you guys recommend I go forward? The NC items are the thing that seems hardest to price, but also normal non UC neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    26d 21h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    NC items are actually easier to price because there are player-made value guides for them (neopets.com/~Waka, the old guide & /~Owls, the new one but uncompleted yet) that many followers on the site People normally value 1 cap at $1, thus if Swirl of Magic is listed as 12-15 on /Owls, it is reasonable to sell it between $12 and $15. The value for some uncommon items may be inaccurate, but you can always check the trade ratio for them on impress.openneo.net to get an idea. Many big sellers offer discounts on large purchases in order to increase sales, although this is entirely up to the individual.] ^.^

People nowadays are only interested in real words/real names/pronounceable names under 4 letters or possibly Battledome pets with good stats if they are not UC. The price of a name can be relatively subjective, but it is determined by how prevalent the word or name is and whether or not it has character potential. With how easy it is to obtain all of the converted nowadays, regular colored pets are no longer as desirable anymore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeno For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (12-06-2021)

Pronouns
    She/her or They/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you so much! I was wondering how to convert the numbers into USD, so its very good to know its that easy

Really appreciate you taking your time replying!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neverendingsomething For This Useful Post:

Seeno (12-06-2021)