114/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    101d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 35m

Proxy Info???

Hey its been a while since Ive been on a Computer I have no idea what a proxy is, and I realize I probably should get one (but how)? Should I write down my proxy after I get it?

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    When we talk about proxies on this site, most people are talking about a static IP address that can be used to spoof the address of your network traffic - that is, make it look like your computer is logging into Neopets from Canada, when you're located in the United States. Or California, when you're based in Maine. Etc.

You really only need a proxy (or proxies) if you're going to be logging into accounts that aren't your main. This is so that your home IP address - the one associated with your main account - doesn't cross over with any other accounts, and that any suspicious activity (if there is any) would take place on the proxy addresses while your main remains safe.

A lot of folks swear by instantproxies. For $10 USD a month, you get 10 IP addresses. But a shell Neopets account should only use one, or at most two, in order to simulate a player's normal behavior. You'll have to log into that account on that proxy every time, so definitely keep it close.

However, if you're not looking to cheat, move items, etc., then you may not need a proxy. If you just want to log on to Neo on your main as you always do, then you don't need one. (And why waste the $10? )

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Chupacabra (11-30-2021),Painwheel (01-01-2022),Teal (12-30-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    101d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 35m
    Ahhh ok thank you, I use to spoof on Pogo back when Covid first hit the States, to get shinys before I got 2 strikes lol

I was really worried about using some programs because they say to use the proxys in the guide. I can only handle one account anyways so its fine