14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m

Neopets New Features Survey!

Neopets has released a new survey for us - you can find it (you need an account to see links)!

Wanna have a say in the next Neopian adventure?
    Whether you’re looking forward to new features, plots, Neopets, and anything in-between, let us know.
    We are conducting a survey to determine our 2022 roadmap initiatives and will choose from the most requested suggestions!
    Make your request (you need an account to see links)

The Survey reads as follows:

Wanna have a say in the next Neopian adventure? Whether you’re looking forward to new game features, plots, Neopets, and anything in-between, let us know! This survey is conducted to determine some of our 2022 roadmap initiatives. We will choose from the most requested suggestions* to go onto Survey Round 2, which will include a poll to collect community votes on favorite features.

Disclaimer:
    *Submissions must be feasible for our team to implement in 2022, and so not all suggestions will be included for Round 2 voting. (Ie. Key Quest and Habitarium.)

Thank you for providing your feedback! We're excited to hear from you!

1. If you could pick only ONE category that you'd most like to see development on in 2022, what would it be?

New Features (Pet Slots, UC Pets, etc)

Feature Conversion (Neolodge, Neomail, etc)

Mini Games (Converting Existing or Brand New)

Plots (Converting Existing or Brand New)

Neopet (New Species, Wearables, etc)

Site Themes (Converting Existing or Brand New)

Other (please specify)

2. Tell us about the above ONE thing you'd most like to see implemented next year.

3. What other developments would you like to see in the future?

4. Do you have any additional notes or thoughts for The Neopets Team?

------------

Update

This survey is brought to us from our new (you need an account to see links), Tally!

17 Nov 2021 - 11:18 am
    Hello, Neopians!

My name is TNT Tally, and it is my pleasure and honor to get to serve you as Neopets Marketing Lead.

I began my adventures in Neopia as a child— yep, in 1999! Neopets taught me many life lessons and nurtured ambitions that led to my grown-up career in marketing. Now everything has come full circle. It's serendipity!

I am a citizen of Meridell at heart, though most of the time I can be found in my sunny Californian abode dreaming of rain. I am Jeran's #1 fan and an avid Weewoo collector, reader of The Neopian Times, and connoisseur of Neopian lore.

Suffice it to say, it has always been my dream to be with TNT. Now that I have this chance to speak with you, I'm gonna be real. I will use this unique opportunity to advocate for YOU, the community — the heart of Neopets. This means having an active dialogue between you – the players – and TNT. My goal above all is to make sure that you are heard.

I'm all about community, transparency, compelling storytelling, and good vibes. I intend to bring a human voice to this digital realm and harmonize advertising with core Neopian values. My goal is to amplify your voices, nurture your creativity, and craft marketing strategy around your unique experiences.

In that vein, today I'm rolling out a survey to collect your thoughts on 2022 roadmap initiatives. You can also use this survey to give TNT feedback: (you need an account to see links)

Expect to hear a lot more from me soon! Until then…

Your Neofriend,
    Tally

------------

What do you think, will you be taking the survey? What are the things you hope to see onsite next year?
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 11-17-2021 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added words

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Abyss (11-17-2021),Alister (11-17-2021),Ariealle (11-17-2021),Bakugo (11-21-2021),Buizel (11-17-2021),Crow (11-18-2021),cuddlypanda (11-17-2021),Da Plushee Boree (11-17-2021),DarkSkies (11-17-2021),Druid (11-19-2021),Erik. (11-17-2021),Fiore (11-22-2021),Gorilla (11-18-2021),Hollow (11-17-2021),Ice (11-17-2021),j03 (11-17-2021),kittyray (11-17-2021),Menine (11-17-2021),Mikal (11-17-2021),moonlily (11-19-2021),RicoBandito (11-17-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (11-17-2021),valora (11-17-2021),Zapdos (11-17-2021),Zenitsu (11-17-2021)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 19h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Mmm I'm torn between new features and feature conversion. But I think this is a nice advance, neo players have not really been heard and many of us really miss old games, old plots... Hopefully this is a nudge on the right direction, the site has potential and with the base player being now grown people that can easily invest in the game, which would help making improvements, it would be nice seeing some good decisions being taken.

Especially after all the NFT topic, this could be a light in the darkness.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Thanks for this! Honestly, I would want them to focus on a balance of new features and conversion of existing features. But for this survey, I went with new features because new stuff is going to typically generate renewed interest.
    Getting fresh lifeblood back in the site is necessary.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'm also torn between new features and conversion, but leaning toward conversion because hoping that would at least mean some smaller new things by way of quality of life changes. Is it just me or is it a bit worrisome that they seem stretched thin enough that conversion isn't a given?

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ice (11-17-2021),Nyanobyte                      (11-17-2021),Pringle (11-18-2021),Zapdos (11-17-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I selected new features (Pet Slots, new UCs) but with a measure of wariness because why would pet slots be on a potential 2022 roadmap if they're supposed to be getting released this year prior to the holidays?? I do like that they're polling us about this, it's encouraging any time there's a flash of them caring about the opinions of the players. I went with the new features for the same reason as @(you need an account to see links), I think new features will have the best chance of creating new engagement and luring new players back in.

and then in the free write section I asked for KeyQuest anyway

also fight me irl anyone who dares select "site themes" as their top request

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 19h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I'm also torn between new features and conversion, but leaning toward conversion because hoping that would at least mean some smaller new things by way of quality of life changes. Is it just me or is it a bit worrisome that they seem stretched thin enough that conversion isn't a given?
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm afraid I believe they are. I mean actually the converted games we have are just a few (I don't remember exactly when conversion started) and they appear to add two more after all the NFT revelation. Though honestly maybe even 1 game released per month would be fine for me, but I'm not sure how hard it is to convert a whole game.

NC pet slots and NC items are a good way to profit for TNT, I just don't know how many people they have developing or they can afford to.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I want Habi back if possible. I miss my time sink.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    1. If you could pick only ONE category that you'd most like to see development on in 2022, what would it be?

New Features (Pet Slots, UC Pets, etc)
    Surely these are coming in 2021, right? Right?

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Some of these do feel a bit concerning, especially Feature Conversions/pet slots. We’ve already had things scaled back or just straight up put off (like the Editorial, GMC, DD etc) to give them time and resources to work on these. They should just already have high priority.. That aside its always a step in the right direction to reach out to the community. I wish they would do these more often and keep us all involved in whats to come next! I ended up going for new features in hopes that we see some new avatars and things to do along those lines.

Its also interesting to see ‘New Species’ on the list? Never thought we’d see anything after the Vandagyre. Not that this even means we will, but its just surprising to see it on the table as a possibility in the future.

Please bring back DoN & fix the poor battledome already ;-;

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Autobot (11-17-2021),Erik. (11-17-2021),Zenitsu (11-17-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Feature Conversion!
    & I am with @(you need an account to see links) , KEYQUEST!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Abrupt For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-17-2021)