Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do to stay healthy?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)! It really does suck! Honestly, there's a sort of grieving process involved. I never thought about it being my Glory Days, but I guess they were! I've mostly made peace with it, especially things like thru-hiking the PCT or something is likely never gonna be in my future, but I have a harder time with littler big things, if that makes sense?
    Yeah totally! Like ok fine I'm not going to play high level rugby ever again, but that isn't a stretch and that happens to a lot of people. But my joints are so bad now that I can't even do like, beer league soccer anymore, and that stings a lot more even though I liked it less.

But there's gotta be sooomething. Now that indoor stuff is opening back up I'm thinking maybe rock climbing? Low impact but interesting and "gamey", which is promising. My high school had a rock wall in the basement, and that's the last time I did it at all so it'd be starting from 0 for sure, but I did enjoy it back then.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (11-08-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Yeah totally! Like ok fine I'm not going to play high level rugby ever again, but that isn't a stretch and that happens to a lot of people. But my joints are so bad now that I can't even do like, beer league soccer anymore, and that stings a lot more even though I liked it less.

But there's gotta be sooomething. Now that indoor stuff is opening back up I'm thinking maybe rock climbing? Low impact but interesting and "gamey", which is promising. My high school had a rock wall in the basement, and that's the last time I did it at all so it'd be starting from 0 for sure, but I did enjoy it back then.
    I've been meaning to get back into bouldering. I've gone a few times since getting sick and I am more afraid of falling the wrong way than I used to be, but it's fun and challenging, but I do get a little self-conscious being so new/bad at it in front of other people? There are a lot of outdoorsy people in my new city, so I'm hoping to find some people who do low-key hikes and build myself back up. I just worry everybody is gonna be 3 intense 5 me.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

funnybell (11-08-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    28d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Gotta be honest, I already feel like I'm a part of the Glory Days club, but I just keep telling myself I haven't peaked yet.
    Lately I've just been doing a lot of walking, but I'm looking to get back into some high intensity exercise. Maybe... HARDCORE PARKOUR!!! But breaking my neck is a real concern.
    (itsa me, funnybell)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnybell For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-08-2021),Zenitsu (11-09-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Glory Days club member, checking in. These days my joints are pretty garbage due to some arthritic issues, so it makes high impact and lifting type exercise a bit too tough. So i stick to lots of yoga and light cardio! I stretch a lot and work on yoga to try and keep as much mobility and strength as possible paired with as much walking as I can get in. My dogs are all about it as well, lol. Days that I feel better I'll push myself a little more and work with something like the 'Insanity' work out (which is basically just ass kicking levels of cardio) or keep it less stressy and play a lot of Just Dance to get in a workout that way. Its not much but it keeps me moving and going each day! ^-^
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 11-10-2021 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Can’t spell

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (11-08-2021),kittyray (11-08-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I lift 5-6 times a week and do cardio every single day (with few exceptions). I also eat very healthy 99% of the time (I follow a diet plan)

During covid/quarantine I stayed 8 months at home eating poorly/not exercising at all (and I was pretty active before). Now I promised myself I'd never let that happen again and I've been going strong the entire year and have never felt happier with my body
    "Darkness fears the break of dawn!"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Gato (11-16-2021),Houndoom (11-10-2021),kittyray (11-09-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Ahhh so disciplined @(you need an account to see links)! During quarantine my main gym closed so I just... sat on my butt and ate my feelings heh.

I will say this thread made me actually go try a different gym just to go and do SOMETHING, and am reveling in the oh-god-I'm-so-sore-I-may-die feeling. Gonna go again tonight to hit some other muscle groups c:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Saturnine (11-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    Ahhh so disciplined @(you need an account to see links)! During quarantine my main gym closed so I just... sat on my butt and ate my feelings heh.
    This was exactly what happened to me haha. I could've tried exercising at home but I really couldn't get into it (you know with my bed and pc around me all the time... I do really need all that ritual of changing clothes and going out to work out). And after a while I just started eating anything in front of me

It's great that this thread encouraged you to go back! I definitely also started again slow - the most important thing is consitensy really.
    "Darkness fears the break of dawn!"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (11-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    31d 15h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I got a home treadmill. It maaaay double as a clothes dryer on occasion, but it's actually really satisfying to get on it and use it. I find it hard to motivate myself to go for walks in winter (although I'm always glad when I do) so I think this will be a big help for my fitness.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    22h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Core training's always an option since you don't need anything at all. But the lack of gym and swimming pool did hit me hard.
    I may think about getting a treadmill that also works as a clothes hanger/dryer! xD

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Awww I'm terribly guilty. I used to go to the gym 3 times per week but I dropped it. It's funny how doing home office work sometimes takes more of my time than working at the office, I just sometimes finished very tired and because sometimes I have watch I receive calls in the middle of the night while sleeping.

But I do need to retake it, I like exercising and tiring phisycally myself, so gonna make the effort to go back soon.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3