DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Most of the time, I remember my dreams! My spouse on the hand doesn't, and they often find my recounts funny.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by whyamihere View Post
    Most of the time, I remember my dreams! My spouse on the hand doesn't, and they often find my recounts funny.
    Just like your spouse, I can't remember my dreams. Perhaps it's because I don't dream that often. Do you think I should be worried about not dreaming?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    The past few weeks I've had a number I remember, but usually just the kind that wake me up with my heart racing, or wake me up teary-eyed. \:

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (01-07-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I especially remember my reoccurring dreams, but most of the time I don’t! But sadly, I am sick right now, so alllll my crazy fever-fueled dreams are sticking with me. Good think I can dream of tangoing with a penguin on a frozen ferry boat, but I can’t think of a character customization for my pet
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-06-2022),Lyrichord (01-09-2022),Zapdos (01-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    101d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 35m
    I don't remember my dreams anymore. When I was little I use to have bad dreams about me falling and the devil laughing when id fall asleep every Halloween. Also when I was little I had a dream that I was in like the netflix movie "The Platform" lil less scary tho lol. Everytime, I fell through the platform I ran into a new and different problem.

Custom Userbar: by Infected
    Custom Banner: by pennumbra

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    My toxic trait is starting threads because they're conversations I want to have and IMMEDIATELY forgetting and ghosting them for ages
    watch for my next topic Do you remember your ck threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Or the other weird one, you ever have "one of those dreams" about someone you know and wake up attracted to them? Idk what kind of lose wire is rattling around under the hood there but those are extra unhelpful when you're just trying to have a normal day I could have been flying. Or battling space pirate lizards but nope, here's the urge to see what they're up to on Facebook all day while you cook ramen or get work done.
    LOL I actually had one of these recently too! Well like, a romantic dream anyway - I almost always wake up before ~anything~ actually happens, in this case it got as a far as a first kiss. It was an acquaintance I don't (didn't?) have a crush on but I woke up like "......should I ask her out?"

I've also been having more lately that like, physically effect me, and waking up with tears on my face & out of breath from crying. Weirdly when this happens I remember fewer specifics and more just general feelings? Sometimes people, like "my mom was doing something extremely negative" or whatever but no more than that. It's gotta be a stress thing I think.

When I first made this thread my intent was to come back with some of the more one-liner style excerpts from my dream journal, so enjoy:

Dreamed I’d been keeping both my bettas in the same tank, and although they weren’t attacking each other I felt like it was safer to separate them, but the more I tried to catch one of them the more the water filled with opaque purple foam
    Dreamt that I had to move to Hong Kong because my parents bought me a plane ticket and that’s the destination that was on sale. I also tried to pack up all my belongings the morning of leaving
    I dreamt that how much attention people were paying to you in a given moment directly spawned currency, but it had to be used right away. It was mostly a dream about making out with [REDACTED] to get stuff
    I dreamt the b99 ensemble was at a pool party and Charles was wearing a water shirt, Hawaiian shorts, and a leather belt
    I dreamt I sent my grandpa (but it wasn’t my grandpa, just a different old man) to a “why Bernie Sanders is right” seminar for old people and he was impressed because he hates mortgages so he offered to buy me a puppy.
    i dreamed i was digging through a pile of toques on a shelf looking for one that said “Buffy Summers Told You So”, but they all just said “Finland”
    i dreamed i played polo but my arms had the movement range of a barbie so it didn’t go very well
    i dreamt my parents threw a ‘welcome home’ party to celebrate a lobotomy my dad got and he was like frankenstein and i was so mad at everyone for being ok with it
    i was about to have a romantic bath but right as [REDACTED] was about to get in, people started coming into that room and refusing to leave, saying they needed it for meetings.
    i dreamed my dad won an emmy for guest starring on boy meets world and didn’t tell me until like 15 years later.

also we found my old pony? also i narrowly escaped human traffickers in a van
    I had a dream in which one of my film history profs from school gave a test with two questions, “what reasons do you have for being here right now rather than going home to paint some plates?” and “anything else you’d like to add?”
    It's mostly this level of no detail but absolute chaos lmao. There are a few longer descriptions of settings and plots and games, and for the most part they don't make any sense, but some of them I can sort of picture again when I read it. I should get back to writing them down, this is mostly from years ago now. Which brings me to one more, dated 2015, where the first sentence just made me wonder if I'm psychic:

there’s a note on my phone from last night that just says “the hunger games but with more skype.” i do also remember that one contestant was dressed as darth vader and another rode on a pink cheetah-centaur style animorph.
    (obviously the second sentence confirms pretty hard that this was not a clairvoyant vision of 2020-22, but oh my god "the hunger games but with more skype")

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-08-2022),Gato (01-08-2022),Remy (01-06-2022),Zapdos (01-07-2022)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    -------
    Last edited by Zapdos; 01-10-2022 at 02:55 AM. Reason: too vulnerable

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pronouns
    they/it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes! For the most part at least. I tend to be able to remember all my dreams for the first few hours I am awake, but only my really interesting dreams I remember for years. There are a few that have become regularly occurring, mostly the location in the dream is the same, and those are the ones I remember the easiest. When I try to remember some of my more intense dreams I can recall just about every detail, down to my exact emotions at the time of the dream, or even how the dream "physically" felt. I've always had really vivid dreams since I was a kid thanks to a strong imagination, and there are times where I can even smell my dream. Sometimes I remember a dream so well that I struggle to determine if it was a dream or if it's an actual memory.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezren For This Useful Post:

Druid (01-08-2022),Gato (01-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    45d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I've been plagued by vivid dreams for as long as I can remember - sometimes it feels like my subconscious mind is living a life of its own, and it's exhausting XDDD I have lucid dreams too, but these are few and far in between these days. In general, it's more of an awareness that I'm dreaming, but the control is more and more limited as I get older. Like Menine, I also have a truckload of recurring, repetitive and continuous dreams, but my repetitive dreams usually change a bit. For example, its a lot more common for me to dream of the same made-up settings or scenarios that progress differently than to re-dream every single detail as it was the first time. The only exception is one, 100% identical dream that I've had every single damn year on my birthday for about 12-15 years (first instance I remember was before I reached school age). The most horrible nightmare I've ever had, every detail of which is forever ingrained in my mind. But one year it stopped, just like that!

Physical effects are a given, I always wake up feeling exactly as I have in the dream - happy, sad, terrified, distressed... mostly distressed and crying. I'm considering exploring sleep therapy to be honest XD
    Luckily, lately I'm starting to forget some of my dreams; by the end of the day only one or two are as vivid as when I dreamt them during the night before. But that feels wrong, so I started a dream journal /facepalm. Wanted to share this gem with you guys:

"Endless abyss beyond every door. Random guy almost dies, wearing an astronaut suit (why? We're in France). Chicken banshee is making my life difficult."
    When I woke up and wrote this down, it all made perfect sense Is being dressed like an astronaut normal in other countries in my dreams? What is a chicken banshee? I have so many questions.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gato For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-08-2022),Druid (01-08-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    omg i had a lucid dream last night where i was hanging out with some old friends (with dream logic) and at some point I announced that I was lucid dreaming and then one of my friend was like "that's cool" and acted completely chill about being merely a figment of my imagination.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (01-09-2022),Druid (01-08-2022),Gato (01-09-2022)