I love to dream.. though I don't very often. blame the ganja. When I do dream though.. It's an experience for sure and tires me out. They're always real life, and I always realize I'm in the dream, and that I can do things. A quick example of one: I was at work for a place from 10 years ago, but the building didn't exist anymore. myself and coworkers were working side by side, and I had this though like, what the f, how are we working here? So I pulled one of my coworkers aside and said, we can't be here, this place doesn't exist. He asked what i meant and I'm like, we shouldn't be here, the building turned into something else, this place doesn't exist anymore. Woke up a little bit after, completely drained like I worked a night shift.
Another example would be controlling the weather, with hand movements. one time I was flying and landed. I needed to go back up but didn't know how until I was like, oh right, I have to jump. It didn't work at first, but when I finally got off the ground and hovering in the air, I woke up.
I have dreams about things that happen in life (do I know that? nope). My latest one was to do with covid. I wrote down all the key images I saw, and one by one they popped up (over the course of a year and a bit, in order). Could it have been my mind thinking about them more because of the dream, and maybe subconsciously looking for them? Maybe. if I were the one that pointed all these things out myself. It wasn't me that brought these pieces of my dream to my attention, I was the one that flipped back through my notes to confirm.
I can sometimes get back to the same dream if I don't move from the position I was in after I woke up and have time to think about it to fall back asleep on.
I've had a dream that my friend had too. normally when I dream of friends, I reach out to make sure if they're ok, just in case. this time i did and she told me to wait and said her dream first and then i said mine. they were nearly identical, and it involved her fiancee getting injured (whom I knew and couldn't ask myself if he was ok. lol. reasons. ), and us both crying. weird. I might have more later if I remember.