Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Do you remember your dreams?

This comes up because I had one about ck - there was a user posting with some new malware that made their avatar and the person above them’s look like a swimming pool set up for a race, with like realistically animated water and lanes and those little diving boards. And they’d be like ‘oh hey the race is about to start you’d better jump in’ and since dream logic is unclear on where physical bodies are and what they do, they could, but getting wet would give the malware person a keyboard tracker & next time the victim logged into neo, boom, hacked (obviously the goal was stealing neopets accounts). So uhh stay safe everybody lmao

Anyway dreams are a fun conversation in general! Do you keep a dream journal or anything? Have recurring ones? Can you lucid dream?

I’m inconsistent about it but I try to write mine down, and if I do I can remember them pretty well. If I don’t they’ll absolutely be gone within like 20 minutes. They’re generally this level of full nonsense - maybe rooted in some element of my life, but beyond that very little makes sense. For some reason there are often swimming pools where there shouldn’t be? I also get one of the classic recurring ones - the ol’ “everything is the same, I’m trying to fall asleep, and hmm is that tooth a little loose?” and then they’re all falling out. I always spend the whole next day feeling a little like it was real and pushing on my teeth to test them.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-04-2021),Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022),dustyc (07-03-2022),EnderTheory (07-03-2022),Gato (11-04-2021),Menine (11-04-2021),Sinnamoon (11-04-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I rarely remember them, but I've def had a few about clraik. I once made a thread here because I had a dream about making that thread and was like "why, not". Also had a dream we got some post reactions in addition to "thanks", but I don't remember any of them except for one that was just a picture of fireworks.

I lucid dream occasionally. When I was little I used to be able to take a lot of control whenever I figured out I was dreaming. Now I have dreams where I know I'm dreaming and I'm rushing to get to the elevator before the door closes and I'm like "okay, this is a dream, I'll just teleport to there" and then it doesn't work and I'm like "wait, why did I care about catching the subway when I know this isn't real, anyway", but for some reason it didn't occur to me to try to teleport to whatever floor I was trying to get to, but that also probably wouldn't work.

omg, I hate teeth-falling-out dreams. I only get it once every couple of years, but it's the worst!

A lot of my dreams are like normal situations that are just a little bit off. Like one from about a year ago I remember was I was walking home alone at night and felt a little sketchy, and like, all of the awnings outside shops and restaurants and stuff were too low so I had to keep ducking, or hills will super exaggerated even for living in San Francisco at the time.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-04-2021),Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022),Druid (11-04-2021),Sinnamoon (11-04-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I remember all of my dreams! I do have a lot of things that reoccur in mine, probably stress related. The tooth-falling out thing is common, tsunamis and tornados and plane crashes happen a lot. Another thing I dream about all the time is that I'll turn on a light switch or lamp, but the light won't come on . This probably happens in half my dreams, it's super annoying!

I get sleep paralysis sometimes too, usually in the early morning. Pain in the butt! :c

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinnamoon For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-04-2021),Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I remember most of my dreams. To be honest, my mind is very turbulent at night. I have sooo many weird dreams experiences. I often have:
    + lucid dreams;
    + repetitive dreams (I dream the same dream, in the single details, repeatedly);
    + continuous dreams (for example: I dream about something. I wake up. I do my things. I go back to the sleep and it continues from where it stopped. Sometimes I dream with the continuation days, weeks or even months later;
    + dreams that are not lucid at all, but where I do have a bit of conscience that is a dream. I can't control it, but I know it isn't real;
    + cartoonish dreams;
    + very realistic nightmares;

And very rare, but I do have experiences: "premonitory dreams". Not something that occurs a lot like the other mentioned dreams, but, for example: I had the same nightmare repeatedly, every week, for about 4 years. In the beggining of this year I had the same nightmare, in the same details, but it changed in the end. I got conscious in the very moment it happened and, in the dream, I told myself that I was dreaming and, since that dream had an ending, I would never had that nighmare again. I woke up with no doubts that I was never going to have this nightmare again, and it never happened anymore.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Alister (11-04-2021),Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I usually don't, except for some vivid nightmares occasionally, but I'm on new medication so I've been having really weird dreams lately.

Last night I had a dream I was trapped in a mansion and a murder mystery happened. But I woke up before I found out who was the murderer. The night before I had a dream that my best friend kissed me and I didn't know whether or not I should tell my fiance so I woke up feeling really anxious lol.
    @(you need an account to see links) I also have "premonition" dreams. Not often but its happened enough and has been close enough to the events that ended up happening to at least mark it as a weird occurence.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022),Menine (11-04-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    I remember bits and pieces, sometimes really vividly. Sometimes I don't feel like I dream in a first person perspective, I feel like I'm watching someone else who isn't me. Sometimes it's actually the characters from the stories I write and that's always a lot of fun.

My recurring themes:

- Swimming/water. Very often pools with lanes for lap swimming. This is by far the most common recurring element. I was on a swim team my entire childhood and then lifeguarded once I was old enough to work. I haven't swam laps in over ten years at this point but apparently crave it super badly lol. One of the coolest dreams I ever had was one when I was a kid, where the valley my Dad's house sits on filled up with water like a giant bowl and I was able to swim over the top of it. I also ran track/cross country and played basketball but it's the swimming I ever dream about.

- Loved ones that I've lost. Specifically my best friend and my mom. These dreams suck and I usually hate them. They always revolve around the loss of them and I've woken up in tears more than once. I was expecting to get hit bad with these when I lost my dog a couple of months back but I actually haven't had any miserable dreams about him, for which I'm incredibly grateful. As awful as it is to not have him, I guess it's that the circumstances of his death weren't overly traumatic; he was an old dog and it was his time and a vet came to our home and his last moments were on his cozy bed with his head in my arms. Mom and my friend were both very sudden, unexpected deaths and it was hard acclimating to what happened.

- My childhood home and my dad. My dreams super often take place at Dad's place out in the country where I grew up. It leaves me with a weird feeling that even when it's been months since I've actually been back there, I still feel like I was just around for a visit and saw him.

- Crazy scenery/nature/outer space stuff. I have a few mental images ingrained in my head from really vivid dreams. Some day I swear I'm going to learn how to use all the oil paints my Dad gave me one year and try painting them. One in particular is a favorite: Rowing a small canoe over a deep deep quarry with stone walls. The water was perfectly crystal clear but the quarry was so deep that it was like rowing a boat over a bottomless black pit. Beautiful lush plants grew up out of the void and over the stone walls but there was no fish or living thing otherwise. I love the weird fantastic scenery when I can remember it since I can use it later in stories.

I used to have the teeth nightmares too but those mercifully ended once I got my wisdom teeth removed. I used to have a legit terror about having to get braces a second time. I had them when I was a kid, it was awful for a lot of reasons, and I was always scared shitless my wisdom teeth would screw my mouth up and I'd have to get them again. Once it became clear that would not be the case the nightmares about it stopped altogether.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Oh, I should use one of my assorted notebooks for a dream journal.

I tend to have really vivid; but really weird dreams.
    Usually in my mom's house that we moved out of sophomore year, which makes no sense.

Had a recurring one as a child that still terrifies me to this day.
    Something about a canyon full of false doors that led to monster/demon dens that were full of things hungry to eat me; and I was missing a shoe and wearing a torn dress/jumper thing. Very reminiscent of the first Rainbow Brite episode tbh, lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    22h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I remember dreaming as a child... the occasional ones where you imagined swimming or playing in the ocean... and waking up wetting the bed...
    Nowadays, it's just wasted time - nothing happens in my dream, just to unwind and rest, before getting back into adulting.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    127 times
    Time Online
    51d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Oh, I never thought about keeping a dream journal! I should definitely do that - I can remember my dreams pretty well (even ones from literal years ago), but keeping said journal would definitely help me increase the details I remember. I can also lucid dream in some occasions, when I am able to I just end up running with the plot I already have (most of my dreams are very fun and adventure-oriented) just with shapeshifting and fire/air/water/earthbending to spice things up. My experience with dreams is very similar to @(you need an account to see links) 's - the only difference being that I don't have nightmares often. They're so rare that I can even remember most of them in great detail. The oldest nightmare I remember very vividly is one I had when I was about 5, where me and my family had our legs cut open and there where weird monsters eating away our flesh - the weirdest part is that we were in a place VERY similar to Bleak's arena in Donkey Kong 3 (the snowman boss).

Another weird thing that happens to me is that I sometimes have very realistic dreams that fill a gap in my memory or explain a certain thing (these were VERY common during my childhood) - for example, when I little (I don't remember the exact age, somewhere between 4 and 6), I had a very realistic dream where my grandma's cat had bitten my arm and I got a tiny little scar - for some reason, my brain assumed that was a memory instead of a dream, and I believed my BCG vaccine scar was the cat bite instead (I didn't know about BCGs, I was very little - I think that's why it was so easy for my brain to believe the cat bite). I found out it was a dream literally years later, when I was 8+ years and I asked my mom about the cat bite because I was talking to my cousin about it and she was like "cat bite? that's your BCG shot". It was a HUGE mindfuck moment for little old me.
    ** A little clarification: my scar looks like a line, not a circle. In the dream, the cat had bit a part of my skin and got it out altogether, so it made sense when I thought about the shape vs what caused it

I've also had my fair share of "premonitory" dreams - I'm kinda used to them, but last year I was 100% freaked out. I won't get into much detail since it's a sensitive topic (I won't share much but I guess a trigger warning may be fitting here; it's on a spoiler for that reason), but to sum it up:

Other than that, I generally have very fun dreams. My friends pretty much expect me to share my dreams with them when I wake up because they tend to be really interesting (and I've even created neo characters based on dreams I've had).
    Last edited by Danny Phantom; 11-06-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    Amazing userbar by the talented (you need an account to see links)

P O L T E R G E I S T

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny Phantom For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (06-30-2022),kittyray (11-06-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    22h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Speaking of which, while I usually don't dreams (or don't remember them), people around me tend to have very meaningful ones...
    Some of the weirdest dreams include my Mom telling me about her winning the lottery before she did, my wife telling her family her uncle passed away before he did...
    Pretty spooky.