4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Neopets Solitaire

This is not a discussion about how to play solitaire, or about solitaire strategy or anything like that. This thread is specifically about my experience playing neopets solitaire over the past three weeks or so. That said- you know what my favourite thing is about neopets solitaire specifically?

The computer does not make sure that each game is winnable. Listen, I've played solitaire in other places over the past few years and NOWHERE ELSE do they NOT make sure it's POSSSIBLE TO WIN before you start.

Over the past three weeks I have played sakhmet solitair on neopets.com two hundred and ten times, and until game #162 i did not win a single time. This wasn't bc I'm bad at solitaire or bc I wasn't paying attention; they were literally unwinnable: All four of whichever card I needed would be hidden underneath the cards I needed to stack them on or every sINGLE card in the draw deck was red or- just, it's so goddamn wild! Imagine playing solitaire one hundred and sixty one times without winning a single game- that's crazy.

And then I won twice in a row.

Anyway, i'm halfway through game #211 and I've been thinking about it and I think I should have gotten some kind of trophy for losing SO MANY TIMES. this game is broken and I can't stop playing it. I'm like Garnet playing meat beat mania in Steven Universe; it's mesmerizing.

Update: I misremembered; I've actually played 214 games, not 211.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbis For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (08-05-2022)