DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Im angry about my infants eczema. Dang my husband for passing it down to both of my children, but my baby has it the worst; the pediatrician has even said its crraaazzyy sensitive, "more sensitive than the average bear," and one of the worst he's seen. Currently working with him to figure this out because applying 4 different prescription ointments to him 5 times a day isn't sustainable.

I can't sit around and not try other ways to help in the meantime, so I'm speculating a possible allergic reaction to something I'm eating that's passing through my milk, so going to start an elimination diet while I await our next appointment. Which I'm also bummed out about, because I already can't eat gluten, so my go-to food I'm going to cut out is milk... and I love dairy. How can you not??? Cheese? The best thing ever. I wake in the night starving from feeding this little guy and go to the kitchen to throw back a glass of delicious whole milk. Cream cheese on gf sourdough with my eggs every morning. Aged cheddar while I relax with the fam every night. Grass fed butter on everything. Truly this is a tragedy. Okay I'm done being dramatic.

To be honest, I never even really knew what eczema was before this. I thought it was just when your skin is itchy, but its inflamed and itchy wounds?? wow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilljoy For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (1 Week Ago),Meepit (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    59d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilljoy View Post
    Im angry about my infants eczema. Dang my husband for passing it down to both of my children, but my baby has it the worst; the pediatrician has even said its crraaazzyy sensitive, "more sensitive than the average bear," and one of the worst he's seen. Currently working with him to figure this out because applying 4 different prescription ointments to him 5 times a day isn't sustainable.

I can't sit around and not try other ways to help in the meantime, so I'm speculating a possible allergic reaction to something I'm eating that's passing through my milk, so going to start an elimination diet while I await our next appointment. Which I'm also bummed out about, because I already can't eat gluten, so my go-to food I'm going to cut out is milk... and I love dairy. How can you not??? Cheese? The best thing ever. I wake in the night starving from feeding this little guy and go to the kitchen to throw back a glass of delicious whole milk. Cream cheese on gf sourdough with my eggs every morning. Aged cheddar while I relax with the fam every night. Grass fed butter on everything. Truly this is a tragedy. Okay I'm done being dramatic.

To be honest, I never even really knew what eczema was before this. I thought it was just when your skin is itchy, but its inflamed and itchy wounds?? wow.
    cheese is awesome its ok to be dramatic. The eczema situation sucks, i get mild contact dermatitis from some stuff and that is miserable enough, poor sweet baby.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    699 times
    Time Online
    217d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    This one's completely mild compared to most everything else on here, but as soon as my eyes are finally feeling better post-allergy season, now I've got a post-nasal drip that refuses to be consoled for more than about 20 minutes. Drinking water, even warm? Makes it feel worse. I've taken my Emergen-C (vitamin mix), zinc lozenges, and trying to bear it, but it's driving me nuts, and I'm really hoping it doesn't mean I'm going to be sick tomorrow (the answer is 99% likely yes, I'll be out of it for a week.) I'm visiting friends soon, so this was not the time, not that it ever is!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (1 Week Ago),Ariealle (1 Week Ago),Bunnii (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    96d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Macadamia nuts are fucking expensive. That is all.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (1 Week Ago),Ariealle (1 Week Ago),Lyrichord (1 Week Ago),Synth Salazzle (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    Macadamia nuts are fucking expensive. That is all.
    I'm with you. Cashew lover solidarity with you.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (1 Week Ago),Erik. (1 Week Ago),Lyrichord (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    My best friend got his first girlfriend - totally chill amazing for him - super fucking happy. However she’s a fucking bitch and I hate her.

Her first words to me after meeting me the very first time were:

“Wow HG everything about you is so cool.
    I used to do my eyebrows like you but then I got a big girl job.”

Followed up with: “I make Xyz an hour, what do you make again?”

(I work as an appeals processor for heath care and had to pass a second level background check to get hired, so I like to think I have a big girl job)

Some other fun quips: “I don’t hate you because you’re a girl. You’re just pretty and it makes me uncomfortable.”
    “Can you pick me up graveyard dirt?” (I was going to New Orleans and she wanted me to bring back graveyard dirt. I’ve been a practitioner for years, but I don’t believe in stealing graveyard dirt as a tourist and it just made my skin crawl that she would ask - especially because I don’t know her)

She’s very secretive - our friend group knows nothing about her - and because it’s still a bit awkward she told my best friend that the reason we don’t like her is because she’s a woman of color. (I’m white passing Filipino, second gen - and my friend group is actually extremely diverse. My half siblings are mixed, and I’m a huge advocate and protester for racial injustice.)

My friend showed her a picture of the woman I was talking too (who is also a woman of color) and under her breathe she muttered fuck - because she knew that her reasoning wasn’t viable. But it’s the fact that she accused us of not liking her that took me aback. I’m extremely friendly around her, I talk to her, I make her feel included, I direct conversation to her and not to her boyfriend.

It hurt my feelings she would make such a wild accusation when she doesn’t interact with us, and the interactions have been so poor with how she talks to us.

We don’t dislike her, she’s just secretive and snarky and makes me uncomfortable. She’s pulled me outside of my own home a few times, to “have a chat with me” on why I don’t like her boyfriend, (romantically) - has assumed I was sleeping with my roommate, and has been so wildly rude to me, just in mannerisms and general that I like don’t like being around her or my best friend by proxy.

He’s happy and in love and I’m happy for him - but I dread the thought of seeing and interacting with her.

I just had to scream into the void because he’s okay with how she talks to me, I guess she has gotten into fights with him over me, even though to my face she says she just likes me so much, and she’s said she’s cool with our friendship.

(For context this is a strictly platonic 10 year friendship. We’ve never even looked at each other past that. She has trauma and that’s okay - I’m not faulting her for having trauma. I just don’t like the air of superiority she seems to carry when interacting with me. I don’t like the tone in which she compliments me, and it’s other people who notice. I very much am oblivious when someone is being bitchy because I don’t operate like that. But it’s the way she looks at me as if my existence is a stain that makes me so upset.)

Talking to friend is a no - he already said that if anyone in the friend group tried to give him any sort of ultimatum he’d choose her over them. So we kinda suck it up. She also ignores everyone else. Her attention will hone on on me - and she’ll say some of the weirdest shit to me, but if I’m out of the room she just ignores everyone else.
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Alister (3 Days Ago),Ariealle (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    𝕊𝕙𝕖
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    126d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest Goddess View Post
    My best friend got his first girlfriend - totally chill amazing for him - super fucking happy. However she’s a fucking bitch and I hate her.

Her first words to me after meeting me the very first time were:

“Wow HG everything about you is so cool.
    I used to do my eyebrows like you but then I got a big girl job.”

Followed up with: “I make Xyz an hour, what do you make again?”

(I work as an appeals processor for heath care and had to pass a second level background check to get hired, so I like to think I have a big girl job)

Some other fun quips: “I don’t hate you because you’re a girl. You’re just pretty and it makes me uncomfortable.”
    “Can you pick me up graveyard dirt?” (I was going to New Orleans and she wanted me to bring back graveyard dirt. I’ve been a practitioner for years, but I don’t believe in stealing graveyard dirt as a tourist and it just made my skin crawl that she would ask - especially because I don’t know her)

She’s very secretive - our friend group knows nothing about her - and because it’s still a bit awkward she told my best friend that the reason we don’t like her is because she’s a woman of color. (I’m white passing Filipino, second gen - and my friend group is actually extremely diverse. My half siblings are mixed, and I’m a huge advocate and protester for racial injustice.)

My friend showed her a picture of the woman I was talking too (who is also a woman of color) and under her breathe she muttered fuck - because she knew that her reasoning wasn’t viable. But it’s the fact that she accused us of not liking her that took me aback. I’m extremely friendly around her, I talk to her, I make her feel included, I direct conversation to her and not to her boyfriend.

It hurt my feelings she would make such a wild accusation when she doesn’t interact with us, and the interactions have been so poor with how she talks to us.

We don’t dislike her, she’s just secretive and snarky and makes me uncomfortable. She’s pulled me outside of my own home a few times, to “have a chat with me” on why I don’t like her boyfriend, (romantically) - has assumed I was sleeping with my roommate, and has been so wildly rude to me, just in mannerisms and general that I like don’t like being around her or my best friend by proxy.

He’s happy and in love and I’m happy for him - but I dread the thought of seeing and interacting with her.

I just had to scream into the void because he’s okay with how she talks to me, I guess she has gotten into fights with him over me, even though to my face she says she just likes me so much, and she’s said she’s cool with our friendship.

(For context this is a strictly platonic 10 year friendship. We’ve never even looked at each other past that. She has trauma and that’s okay - I’m not faulting her for having trauma. I just don’t like the air of superiority she seems to carry when interacting with me. I don’t like the tone in which she compliments me, and it’s other people who notice. I very much am oblivious when someone is being bitchy because I don’t operate like that. But it’s the way she looks at me as if my existence is a stain that makes me so upset.)

Talking to friend is a no - he already said that if anyone in the friend group tried to give him any sort of ultimatum he’d choose her over them. So we kinda suck it up. She also ignores everyone else. Her attention will hone on on me - and she’ll say some of the weirdest shit to me, but if I’m out of the room she just ignores everyone else.
    Secretive and wants graveyard dirt. Bruh shes freaking ME out.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DankRUSE For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (4 Days Ago),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (3 Days Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    126d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    it's honestly amazing how my extremely elderly crusty neighbor next door can steer literally any innocent conversation into racist grumbling. What started as me pointing out the pretty caterpillars on my plants (eastern black swallowtails!) as he was walking by with his dog ended with him telling me he just watched A Bug's Life the other day and really enjoyed it because it was before Disney started their "woke bullshit" (because I think A Bug's Life implies grasshoppers are thugs and he agrees with racial profiling?? idk I haven't seen this movie since I was 12). it's a shame his dog and I adore each other, I'd just bolt at any sight of him but I can't do my girl Cindy Lou dirty like that

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 12h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    it's honestly amazing how my extremely elderly crusty neighbor next door can steer literally any innocent conversation into racist grumbling. What started as me pointing out the pretty caterpillars on my plants (eastern black swallowtails!) as he was walking by with his dog ended with him telling me he just watched A Bug's Life the other day and really enjoyed it because it was before Disney started their "woke bullshit" (because I think A Bug's Life implies grasshoppers are thugs and he agrees with racial profiling?? idk I haven't seen this movie since I was 12). it's a shame his dog and I adore each other, I'd just bolt at any sight of him but I can't do my girl Cindy Lou dirty like that
    I always ask people "what do you mean by that?" the responses are ranged but amusing. If only he had more brain cells, he'd realize a bugs life was "woke" waaaaaaaaaay before its time lmao

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Alister (3 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    female
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 20h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    3 days ago my sedan's rear fender collided with a huge concrete column while I was pulling out of my parking spot. I was driving really slow, and it still happened I booked an appointment for an estimate of how much it'd cost to repair the scratches, but no estimate was given (said they will update me this Thursday), photos were taken. I'm going to get another estimate through another repair shop today, and I am so anxious because I could barely afford my life as it is. On top of that I have no idea how long it would take for everything to be all fixed or when the repair process would start. It feels like I'm living a nightmare, and many people who I've shared my grief with irl have responded with laughter.