Thread: Is there a glitch with the ‘what’s new’ tab?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m

Is there a glitch with the ‘what’s new’ tab?

Once every other day or so I’ll click the what’s new tab and it says there are no new posts within the last 24 hours but I go on the forums and see that there have been plenty of new posts since I last checked, is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? haha and I have not accidentally clicked mark forums as read, either, so I am not really sure. It is a minor issue but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    555d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I think you're getting the "Sorry, there are no new posts to view. You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here." which is saying that there have been no new posts since you've last checked the forum.

I have noticed that sometimes the What's New Tab is a little inconsistent with what it shows. Like if I check the forum on my phone it seems like everything will be marked as read and not show up when I check again later even if I didn't look at the thread in question, other times threads I've caught up on multiple times will persist in the tab.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I think you're getting the "Sorry, there are no new posts to view. You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here." which is saying that there have been no new posts since you've last checked the forum.

I have noticed that sometimes the What's New Tab is a little inconsistent with what it shows. Like if I check the forum on my phone it seems like everything will be marked as read and not show up when I check again later even if I didn't look at the thread in question, other times threads I've caught up on multiple times will persist in the tab.
    yeah, that is exactly it - though it will tell me there are no new posts even if i have not checked it in hours (lets say 4 for example) and yet i will see that there are posts from 30 min ago, it is very odd. again, very minor problem, i can just check through myself (it helps me check out what is for trade/sale/etc in case i miss something i am interested in) but i just thought it was odd! ah well

it also will 'refresh' and show me posts i have already seen. i realize it is probably a host-site glitch though, i ran a few different forums with proboards/zboard/misc forum hosts back in the day and i remember them being a little glitchy. just thought i would check

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 1h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Are you refreshing the What's New page, or hitting the back button and clicking the button? If you try the same search ID in the URL, you'll get the message you're encountering because it becomes outdated.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Are you refreshing the What's New page, or hitting the back button and clicking the button? If you try the same search ID in the URL, you'll get the message you're encountering because it becomes outdated.
    oh! no, i am just going directly to the what's new page. I check it while on my work breaks, for example, go to the CK homepage in my browser, then click 'what's new' and sometimes it will say there is nothing new even if i have not checked it for hours. I do know what you mean about revisiting or refreshing it though.

again, it is a minor issue so it is not that big of a deal, i just wanted to make sure i was not missing something! thank you for the reply

thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 1h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghast View Post
    oh! no, i am just going directly to the what's new page. I check it while on my work breaks, for example, go to the CK homepage in my browser, then click 'what's new' and sometimes it will say there is nothing new even if i have not checked it for hours. I do know what you mean about revisiting or refreshing it though.

again, it is a minor issue so it is not that big of a deal, i just wanted to make sure i was not missing something! thank you for the reply
    Sounds like your browser might be caching the links when it shouldn't be...?
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Sounds like your browser might be caching the links when it shouldn't be...?
    maybe! it is ok, it happens on both mobile and desktop and i do not have it autofilled (i just go to the CK main page) but it's ok! thank you again for checking. it's probably just a weird glitch or maybe something with my cache

thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER