Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone here doing about the UC trade market?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m

What is everyone here doing about the UC trade market?

apologies if this is the wrong section. but I’m curious… obviously there are still people here who are active and are selling/buying/trading. though I am curious, as I remember the Neo market part of the site being more active before the UC NC announcement.

so, curious. is this directly related? or did the market just happen to quiet down? i understand waiting to see what happens with demand/prices but you would think that people will still be wanting ‘real’ or ‘original’ ucs over the nc ucs, no?

any who, like I said, i know people still use ck, that is not really what i mean, i am just wondering if the slow down of uc and pet sales is because of the uc nc announcement

how have you changed your on ck and on neo trade habits to reflect it?
    i have not changed mine much honestly. but i do not deal with RWs or anything just UC.

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    It's not just the UC announcement that caused the market to quiet down. The mobilization of the site has really messed with a lot of people who liked the original site and can't adjust to the somewhat infuriating changes that have gone on, rendering it unplayable for some with the new hoops you have to jump through to get around.

That being said, UC sales have dropped significantly while people wait to see what the UC change on site will be. Maybe you'll be able to make any pet you want UC and so your favorite names that you already own can be UC. Those with names they love will wait instead of trying to pick through the scraps of names that are left at this point in time. Names have always been a struggle. There are plenty of people still buying UCs though because they don't want to wait or they don't care and they still want a tradeable original version.

What the announcement did do was decrease the value of UCs and increase the value of Real Word/Real name pets since now those are the special rarities. It's an interesting turn as RWs had died off a bit before and lost a lot of value, and now the scales have tipped the other way.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-12-2021),Autobot (09-12-2021),Buizel (09-13-2021),Cinderella (09-13-2021),Corliss (09-17-2021),cuddlypanda (09-12-2021),dustyc (09-12-2021),Ghast (09-12-2021),Gorilla (09-14-2021),Maneki Neko (09-12-2021),Sakuras (09-14-2021),Synth Salazzle (10-18-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    It's not just the UC announcement that caused the market to quiet down. The mobilization of the site has really messed with a lot of people who liked the original site and can't adjust to the somewhat infuriating changes that have gone on, rendering it unplayable for some with the new hoops you have to jump through to get around.

That being said, UC sales have dropped significantly while people wait to see what the UC change on site will be. Maybe you'll be able to make any pet you want UC and so your favorite names that you already own can be UC. Those with names they love will wait instead of trying to pick through the scraps of names that are left at this point in time. Names have always been a struggle. There are plenty of people still buying UCs though because they don't want to wait or they don't care and they still want a tradeable original version.

What the announcement did do was decrease the value of UCs and increase the value of Real Word/Real name pets since now those are the special rarities. It's an interesting turn as RWs had died off a bit before and lost a lot of value, and now the scales have tipped the other way.
    ah you are right, I did not even think about the whole “neopets changes are driving people away” thing which is funny because it almost did the same to me. yes, I’ve seen some UC sales of course, there will always be people who do not care about the nc UC or want more ‘authentic’ ucs (which is funny to say considering we are a cheat site but you get the picture). i am very curious to see where things go, i am hoping the market will *really* flourish again when people find out what is going on with ucs, i know there are lots of people who have decided to not come on neo until the news is posted. we shall see

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I agree with everything Kylae said; regardless of the UC announcement though definitely the player base of active Neopians has dwindled significantly to the point where there's really only just a handful of players still consistently buying and circulating bought UCs back on-site (bless them) while other buyers primarily just shop for themselves and stay hidden forever. A lot of players publicly announced stepping back due to Beta, but I like to think we did get some returnees with the pet slot/UC announcement. That being said, my hope is that there is enough time between pet slots being added and UCs being reintroduced to give us an uptick in the pet sale market, as hopefully people will have tons of new pet slots to fill and as such look to the black market to fill em rather than wait for the prophecized return of UCs.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-12-2021),Buizel (09-13-2021),cuddlypanda (09-12-2021),Ghast (09-12-2021),Maneki Neko (09-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 8h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Its a whole bunch of factors. Some people might be waiting because the the uc announcement but neopets is dead to a lot of people now between the website being partially converted in the most annoying way, flash being dead, so games and nc are a mess, plus there is nothing much going on. Who wants to buy stuff for a site they aren't having fun on anymore? If tnt ever gets their shit together I hope people actually come back.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-13-2021),cuddlypanda (09-12-2021),Ghast (09-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    12d 3h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've been playing Neopets off and on for over a decade, and I've never been more hopeful for change than I am right now.
    Yeah, a lot of UC sales and stuff have dwindled because of the UC announcement, but like others have said, it's also got to do with flash games being dead (And some even getting frozen for bypassing the brokenness by using a special browser apparently??), as well as the beta site being confusing and unfinished. I myself had come back for a look at neopets, saw the new layout and was like "Ew, what is this?" but, over time it grew on me. Going back and forth between beta and original is giving me whiplash though.

ANYWAY to answer your question, I think a lot of people are standing by, waiting to see what becomes of the site. Others, like myself, are still playing, but have some pets ready to buy UC NC for I hope that is the case anyway.
    So, thats my guess.

People still seem interested in UC's regardless, as there's always the chance of "original" UC being special in some way. Who knows!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maneki Neko For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-13-2021),cuddlypanda (09-12-2021),Ghast (09-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I get the itch and browse UC listings but then I ask myself "what's the point? They are being brought back"

Then I also think about risk/reward. Gonna feel like a big dummy if I buy a UC and end up frozen for it right before re-release. I love specific Darigans and a lot of them are just DN/BN now. Not worth it to me :\

u 'mirin?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

kittyray (09-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think it will also depend on how much they make the new UCs cost. If you have to morph and/or paint your pet and buy some kind of UC potion as well from the NCMall, it might end up cheaper just to buy an original UC pet users onsite have started buying and inflating popular morphing potions and paint brushes.

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Prose Edda (09-23-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    I think it will also depend on how much they make the new UCs cost. If you have to morph and/or paint your pet and buy some kind of UC potion as well from the NCMall, it might end up cheaper just to buy an original UC pet users onsite have started buying and inflating popular morphing potions and paint brushes.
    What do you think is a good price in the NC mall for the UC? I think 30-50 is fine considering a lot are that much on black market anyways, and it’ll be a lot more affordable than the black market prices on some of them like the plushies for example

u 'mirin?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-14-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    What do you think is a good price in the NC mall for the UC? I think 30-50 is fine considering a lot are that much on black market anyways, and it’ll be a lot more affordable than the black market prices on some of them like the plushies for example
    No idea, if I was TNT I'd make them $50!

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Aero (09-14-2021)