Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What unneeded services and goods do you spend your extra money on?

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,487 Times in 1,333 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Time Online
    47 d 12 h 28 m
    Avg. Time Online
    45 m
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyGirl View Post

Whoaaa, thanks for the pictures! They look so cool! And I didn't know orchids were that much more difficult to keep! Good thing I didn't get them yet! I guess I'll see how I do with my African flower and then also slowly more to more difficult mantises... Maybe I can keep upgrading their living area into one that's more built for pickier mantis!
    You can find a bunch of different facebook groups dedicated to mantis caretaking, that's where I got most of my info and they're always really helpful. My goal one day is to have a Devil's Flower but theyre super hard to keep alive D:

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Time Online
    77 d 20 h 43 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 23 m
    I don't think anyone is 100% non-wasteful in their spending. Even my dad who is super frugal once spent over $1000 on NBA game tickets so that he and my brother could sit very close to the court.

As for me, I spend a good amount of money on beauty products (hence my username). I will never use up every product I purchase, but good quality cosmetics will always be worth it for me. I also get my hair dyed at a salon. This is worth the money because I don't want to risk dying my own hair. I usually get balayage highlights which are low maintenance so I only need root touch ups every few months.

I can get wasteful when I spend money on fashion. I have trendy clothing pieces which I have worn in many different outfits over the years, and I also have some which go out of fashion in one season and I have never even worn.

I take many studio dance classes and that adds up to about $200-$300 a month. I will say it's worth it because it keeps me fit, I have met many amazing people through dance, and I have been steadily improving at this craft every month.

The most wasteful spending for me is definitely Neocash. Sometimes I insist on gambling on RR caps until I get one specific item even though it's not rare and I could buy it directly from a seller on here.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Time Online
    19 d 5 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    14 m
    Old books are my jam atm.

And homeschool blogger product bundles, that I will probably never actually use.

Pronoun(s)
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 19 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    You mean besides Neopets? Houseplants too, plus pots, leca because the soil brought too many pests inside, and before the pandemic, when I had way smaller bills to pay? Tickets to shows on Broadway. I'd easily drop *mumbles* dollars to take my family or a friend to NYC (long travel) and get good seats to shows. In hindsight I wish I had saved that money instead so I could have more for a down payment to buy a house hopefully soon, but I really enjoyed the experiences and made sure to extend it to my loved ones. It made me feel ~fancy~ despite living in poverty and having 0 savings at the time, lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 h 11 m
    Avg. Time Online
    58 m
    good treats for my pets! sometimes their stuff costs more than my own food on a per lb basis.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to criminal977 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (1 Day Ago)