Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What unneeded services and goods do you spend your extra money on?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyGirl View Post

Whoaaa, thanks for the pictures! They look so cool! And I didn't know orchids were that much more difficult to keep! Good thing I didn't get them yet! I guess I'll see how I do with my African flower and then also slowly more to more difficult mantises... Maybe I can keep upgrading their living area into one that's more built for pickier mantis!
    You can find a bunch of different facebook groups dedicated to mantis caretaking, that's where I got most of my info and they're always really helpful. My goal one day is to have a Devil's Flower but theyre super hard to keep alive D:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

SpaceyGirl (09-27-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    I don't think anyone is 100% non-wasteful in their spending. Even my dad who is super frugal once spent over $1000 on NBA game tickets so that he and my brother could sit very close to the court.

As for me, I spend a good amount of money on beauty products (hence my username). I will never use up every product I purchase, but good quality cosmetics will always be worth it for me. I also get my hair dyed at a salon. This is worth the money because I don't want to risk dying my own hair. I usually get balayage highlights which are low maintenance so I only need root touch ups every few months.

I can get wasteful when I spend money on fashion. I have trendy clothing pieces which I have worn in many different outfits over the years, and I also have some which go out of fashion in one season and I have never even worn.

I take many studio dance classes and that adds up to about $200-$300 a month. I will say it's worth it because it keeps me fit, I have met many amazing people through dance, and I have been steadily improving at this craft every month.

The most wasteful spending for me is definitely Neocash. Sometimes I insist on gambling on RR caps until I get one specific item even though it's not rare and I could buy it directly from a seller on here.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Old books are my jam atm.

And homeschool blogger product bundles, that I will probably never actually use.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    You mean besides Neopets? Houseplants too, plus pots, leca because the soil brought too many pests inside, and before the pandemic, when I had way smaller bills to pay? Tickets to shows on Broadway. I'd easily drop *mumbles* dollars to take my family or a friend to NYC (long travel) and get good seats to shows. In hindsight I wish I had saved that money instead so I could have more for a down payment to buy a house hopefully soon, but I really enjoyed the experiences and made sure to extend it to my loved ones. It made me feel ~fancy~ despite living in poverty and having 0 savings at the time, lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    good treats for my pets! sometimes their stuff costs more than my own food on a per lb basis.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to criminal977 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-16-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Neopets for certain. Aside from that, I would say Dungeons and Dragons goodies, I love dice and art of my characters! I love getting toys and accessories for my dog Penelope as well - she's a little weirdo who actually loves to wear clothing. She'll dance around in a circle whenever I bring a sweater out!

You can call me Bee 💛

Peep (September 21st, 2021)

Custom Userbar by Lyrichord
    Custom Bee Ryu by GreatWhiteNorth
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Lately wet specimens. But in general, any oddities. Ya know--taxidermy, mummies, pelts/fur/faces/tails, skulls/bones, etc.

I also purchase way more art prints than I need and half of them I've never even put in frames or on my wall. They're just sitting in a box somewhere lol. I also commission a lot of art of characters in a book series I'm writing. Idk why, guess that helps me feel inspired to keep writing them.

I also keep buying crypto for no good reason, since I have no idea how that shit works.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

SpaceyGirl (09-27-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Lately wet specimens. But in general, any oddities. Ya know--taxidermy, mummies, pelts/fur/faces/tails, skulls/bones, etc.

I also purchase way more art prints than I need and half of them I've never even put in frames or on my wall. They're just sitting in a box somewhere lol. I also commission a lot of art of characters in a book series I'm writing. Idk why, guess that helps me feel inspired to keep writing them.

I also keep buying crypto for no good reason, since I have no idea how that shit works.
    Honestly that sounds so cool. I've been decorating a new apartment and have been thinking of getting some oddities or specimens or the like, but I don't actually have that much space for things like that, so haven't dove in yet.

I also feel you on the prints! Sometimes I buy them because I really like them but they don't really match the vibe I'm going for with my apartment, so I just have them to have them!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-28-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    A big one for me is the wifi for my car. Not sure why I purchase this every month when I should not be using my phone anyways.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstra View Post
    Old books are my jam atm.

And homeschool blogger product bundles, that I will probably never actually use.
    The smell of an old book.. *chefs kiss*

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-24-2021),Maelstra (10-03-2021)