Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What unneeded services and goods do you spend your extra money on?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I always have my nails done, 99% of the time. Just a gel manicure no crazy long acrylics or anything, but the simple nice look and feel of my hands while I'm typing all day and seeing my hands all day, just makes me feel nice and adds to my confidence a bit. No idea why. Lately that has spread to my toes too. I live in Florida, and live in flip flops, and I do not have the cutest toes in the world (lol). So having "cuter" feet than I had before makes me feel pretty good too. I probably blow about $70 every 3 weeks or so on this. But it makes me happy and I don't plan on changing it or feeling guilty about it. What's the point of being alive if we aren't finding little things to enjoy?

Then of course there is the usual neopets, wasting money on having food and groceries delivered instead of getting off my butt sometimes. But sometimes I'm tired and the convenience sometimes has more value than using my time to get up and go places after I've worked a 12 hour shift.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-24-2021),Houndoom (10-26-2021),Orbit (12-07-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them or she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Getting my groceries delivered or, at the very least, for curbside pickup. At first, I used to do this because I don't have a car (only a motorcycle), so it made sense to get groceries delivered, as otherwise it was really hard to fit everything in my motorcycle. Then, I moved in with my partner and he has a car, but it was the pandemic and we didn't want to venture into the store. At this point, he's excited to go grocery shopping and goes inside sometimes, but when it's my turn, I still do curbside or delivery. It turns out I hate grocery shopping, and our local chain only charges 3% for pickup or 3% + tip for delivery... And every way I think about it, it seems to be worth the fee if it means I don't have to spend 1+ hour of my day just getting groceries.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    To update from my previous reply: Lash extensions. I love them. It saves me time and effort and on days where my mental health doesn't want me to cooperate, it helps me feel like I am slightly more "presentable" if that makes sense?

Also, one of my hyper fixations rn is Squishmallows (still) and Mini Brands. Especially the axolotl and bat squishmallows. I love them

I also like to order food instead of cook on a low spoons/no bones day. I live near downtown in my city, so I have endless options and quick delivery times.
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 10-24-2021 at 11:09 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

SpaceyGirl (11-24-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I bought a spider, some blackmilk items at 20%+ markup second hand, and a booster box for my Pokemon go because I needed raid passes.

Edit to add: this is a normal waste of my money. I am constant with my waste.send help.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

SpaceyGirl (11-24-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    80d 23h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Makeup 1000%. I've gotten better at impulse purchasing since masks are mandated where I live, but that certainly doesn't stop me from wish listing and adding things to my cart and almost going through with the purchase. I have yet to finish even a single tube of lipstick since I got into makeup some 4 years ago.. the last thing I need is more makeup that will only serve to collect dust on my vanity. For context, I don't make a habit of wearing makeup on a daily basis; only when I'm dressing up to go out and these days, I prefer the company of my cats over humans lol.

I wouldn't necessarily call this unnecessary, but I enjoy reading books and Webtoons and will often fast pass episodes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    FOOD.
    Sooooo much food. Fridge is full, chest freezer too. But I lovvvve having food around the house.

Pronouns
    They/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Pretty much just food as well lmao. If I've got the time in the week to try and work out a bit then I'll run out and pick up a burger or a pizza for myself. I buy a ridiculous amount of hot sauce that I've also had to cut back on lately since I often get it shipped and it's pretty expensive!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Unfortunately I can't name it cause I buy so much of stuff I don't need that I can't pick something x(

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 19h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I like to buy from the weed dispensary near me. I'm lucky I live in a state where it is legalized. Other than that it's streaming services and food delivery apps haha

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    *gestures in the general direction of Clraik* Oh, and Fiver getting art for DnD PCs, lol.