Thread: [GUIDE] Infinite Lives on Hannah and the Pirate Caves (Shockwave) with Cheat Engine

Pronouns
    they/them or she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

[GUIDE] Infinite Lives on Hannah and the Pirate Caves (Shockwave) with Cheat Engine

Hi all,

I spent a long time looking for a way to cheat on HATPC and couldn't find anything here, but a friend taught me this and I thought I'd pass it on.

SETUP

First, you must be able to play Shockwave on your computer! I recommend downloading Safari 5.1.7 and Shockwave as per Jesedmoga's advice on (you need an account to see links). You can find the same links they shared below:

For this we will be using Cheat Engine. If you're unfamiliar with the program, I recommend (you need an account to see links) by Voidpup.

INFINITE LIVES

(Screenshots under spoilers)

1. Open (you need an account to see links) and load into a level where you can die (I recommend Level 1).
    2. Open Cheat Engine and, under the blinking monitor, find the correct process. If you're using Safari as recommended, it will be WebKit2WebProcess.exe.
    3. Run a "First Scan" for the Value "3" (number of lives you're given at the beginning of the game), Scan Type "Exact Value" and Value Type "4 Bytes" (see image)

4. Now, purposefully die on HATPC so you can lose a life (and have 2 total), then "Press jump to start" so the game is again showing your lives.
    5. Time to run a second scan. Use "2" for value and make sure to check the "Compare to first scan" box. Then click "Next Scan"

6. Repeat step 4 (die again so you have 1 life).
    7. Last scan. Use "1" for value and make sure to check the "Compare to first scan" box. Then click "Next Scan"

8. Ta-da! You have found the address for the lives. Double click on it so that it goes to the bottom part.
    9. Double click on the "Value" in the bottom table (should still be 1 or 0 if you've accidentally drowned in the mean time). Change it to whatever number above one that you want and click OK. I like 5.

10. Now, click the little checkbox under "Active" so that it has an X on it. This means the number of lives you have is frozen, and you'll keep having 5 lives throughout the game even if you die.

11. Back to HATPC: Click "Quit" up top and then "Play again" when it shows you the Game Over screen. Then, play the game from whichever level you want with your infinite lives.

That's it! This cheat will stay on for as long as you have the game window open/loaded. If you close it, you'll have to do it again.

I hope someone finds this helpful
    Last edited by datalore; 11-04-2021 at 05:34 PM. Reason: included link to CE guide

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to datalore For This Useful Post:

Bea (11-05-2021),♥ bottledwater ♥ (10-05-2021),BravoEd (11-04-2021),Cinnamoroll (11-04-2021),Cookie Tray (09-19-2021),Hikimaru (01-21-2022),Menine (10-27-2021),morecoffeepls (10-06-2021),MrSlowBro (09-09-2021),Teakwood (08-14-2022),Why So Serious? (09-20-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    45d 21h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Think I figured out my issue - removed!
    Last edited by bottledwater; 10-03-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Hi ^^
    So the trouble i was having is the first step when you have to Run a "New Scan" for the Value "3"
    I dont have the option on "New Scan" only "First Scan"

When i put the Value "3" in and press "First Scan" it does then come up with "New Scan" but it dosnt save what ive already put in 😞
    Is this me being silly - please say it is lol!

Pronouns
    they/them or she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Hi ^^
    So the trouble i was having is the first step when you have to Run a "New Scan" for the Value "3"
    I dont have the option on "New Scan" only "First Scan"

When i put the Value "3" in and press "First Scan" it does then come up with "New Scan" but it dosnt save what ive already put in ������
    Is this me being silly - please say it is lol!
    Hi Bea!
    I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to get back to you on this!

"First Scan" is actually the correct option when you have not yet run any scan -- I'll correct it on my guide!

In order for it to save what you have already put in, you must select the checkbox by "Compare to first scan." Can you please double check that that option is selected?

I hope that's it and that you're able to use the guide -- but if that still doesn't work please let me know and I'll investigate further (promise to get back to you sooner next time). Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links)erator @(you need an account to see links) -- I edited my first post to correct my mistake that Bea kindly pointed out and it disappeared again could any of you please allow it again? Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to datalore For This Useful Post:

Bea (11-05-2021)