15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

[Guide] How to emulate Pokemon stadium transfer paks [PJ64 only]

[WARNING: I WILL NOT BE LINKING TO ANY KIND OF ROMS, EMULATORS OR ANY OTHER THINGS HERE, THIS WILL BREAK FORUM RULES, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO. THEY ARE EASY TO FIND ON YOUR OWN! I AM ONLY LINKING THE PLUGIN ITSELF WHICH IS NOT COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. THIS GUIDE ASSUMES YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE ROMS YOU NEED.]

This is likely something that's been on more minds than just mine, of course, Stadium 1 and 2 are amazing games. But the problem is, they're nearly impossible to beat without having red, blue, yellow (Or G/S/C which will also work with Stadium 2 using this method!) And are much less fun without the personalization of having your actual pokemon inside your N64 game!

Assuming you don't own the physical hardware, and want to play a beloved game, or even try it for the first time with the full experience the 90's kids got, here's a few easy to digest steps on how to do that when you don't completely know what you're doing and just want to play.

I'm running version 3.0.1 of Project 64, another version may cause your settings to behave differently, feel free to contact me if you still have trouble after the instructions. I have gotten this to work on versions as old as 2.3

Step 1: If you don't have PJ64 already installed, do so now.
    Step 2: Download the plugin (you need an account to see links)
    Step 3: Open the Project 64 file, it will be in whatever drive you downloaded it to, after installing the program.

Step 4: Open the plugin folder
    Step 5: What you see may vary on your version, if there are no extra folders here and only files, just simply drop it here.
    Step 6: If there are multiple folders, drop it in the "input" folder.
    Step 7: if there is no input folder, check where the other plugins are, there should be a file called Project64-input.dll the folder with this file is the correct one.

Step 8: Open project 64
    Step 9: Open Configuration after clicking options
    Step 10: Open Plugins
    Step 11: Make sure your input (controller) is set to N-Rage
    Step 12: Click on options again and click input settings
    Step 13: Make sure you're on controller 1
    Step 14: There will be tabs that read Controls, devices, modifiers and lastly "controller pak"
    Step 15: Select "controller pak"
    Step 16: You will have options, default will be "mem pak" Switch it to "transfer pak"
    Step 17: Check the "raw data" box

Step 18: Click the "browse button" and put your gameboy/gameboy colour rom into the space.
    Step 19: Your save data is a different file than your rom, and should be under a .sav file, make sure it matches the game you have put into the previous selection. These types of files should show up on their own under this selection by default, and should share a folder with your gb/gbc roms.

You are done. It will now be linked to your emulated save. That is it, you are good to play! If you have any questions, just comment or ask me in PMs

Edit: Made it a smoother read.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 04-30-2023 at 03:24 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post: