5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Red face Finally saying a proper hi! :3

Hullo! I'm Parker. or at least that's who I've chosen to be on here since I don't want to be linked to my mains easily

I am an aspiring programmer in much the same way as someone who buys boxes full of art supplies and never uses them is an aspiring artist. yeah Hardison probably would have been a better-fitting choice of persona but I'm not as skilled with tech as he is I am in school for Computer Programming, so I've got very basic working knowledge of a handful of object-based languages and the google-fu to royally screw up and then spend three hours figuring out what I did wrong (I probably missed a semicolon)

I also write and draw in my free time, when not flagrantly breaking the Neopets ToS. I play the occasional video game but I don't have enough of an attention span to call myself a proper gamer. My brain is better suited to watching Let's Plays and the like while doing other tasks, but I do play the occasion JRPG and I've been playing Pokemon since it first came out stateside. I'm currently grinding NeoTWEWY so that my abject lack of skill makes no difference in the face of massively overleveling everything.

I've already posted a couple sort-of-guides about automation for Flight Rising, though they aren't proper programs. My goal is to go poke around in other browser games to see what I can do about automating other repetitive tasks, and I'm eyeing the "JavaScript for Dummies" book next to my computer with more intention with each passing day.

I am incredibly awkward most of the time but nothing I say is ever meant to be hurtful; if it comes across that way, I probably either misread/misunderstood the situation or made a mistake with my tone. Hanlon's razor is the lens through which I should be read. Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. This is not an attempt at self-flagellation or debasement and not fishing for compliments, it's truly just a forthright explanation of my actions. I am very aware of my shortcomings and want folks to be well-prepared

Anyhow, after lurking about I've really gotten the feeling that clraik is a pretty cool community and I wanted to pop my head up properly to say hi and start contributing on a personal level. :3

Also I'm super wordy and typed this up instead of going to sleep like I should have whoops hi
    I don't like stuff. I like ~money~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Hi Parker, welcome (officially, haha) to Clraik! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here with those interests.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Parker, welcome to ck!
    I wish you luck with programming! It's fun when things work like you want them too lol.
    Hope to see you around the forums ^~^

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    41d 10h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Welcome Parker! I went to school for computer programming also! If you have the chance, be sure to do some internships while they're 'easier' for a student to grab! When I graduated, I didn't have any, thus no experience so it took me years to find a programming job! #catch22 It was also a recession so that might have had something to do with it..

Welcome to staying up later than usual to scroll through clraik posts!

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hello and welcome, Parker, we're happy to have you! Programmers of any skill level are welcome around here.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Welcome to clraik!

We've got quite a few programmers of all sorts here and I personally found being here really resparked my interest. I get what you mean with the art supply analogy and my only advice is to keep tinkering. But also it's totally okay to have it be something you enjoy solely as a hobby or solely as work and never want to touch it in your spare time, or anywhere else on that spectrum.

Would also be interested in seeing some of your art if you're ever comfy sharing. I love seeing the types of things people make.

We're a fun crowd here and happy to have you!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Hi there! Welcome

Excited to see you around the boards!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Thank you for the welcome!! ;7;9 I'm not sure what the forum protocol for quoting/mentioning is, but! I'm very excited to start poking my nose around in the more social parts of the forum.

I'll likely post some art at some point, too, and hopefully one day I'll be able to provide some useful scripts or programs to the community. You all already seem really great. :3
    I don't like stuff. I like ~money~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (08-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    Hi Parker, and welcome!!
    I'm a software engineer so feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna talk industry stuff c: Not that I'm particularly knowledgeable ahahaha. I too never really use my skills (outside of work, tbh), so I completely get your analogy. Can't wait to see you around more, and maybe see some of your scripts!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Warm welcome Parker!
    Great to have you here hope to see you around the fourms.
    Have a great day.

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you