Thread: Upcoming 2021 horror movie releases!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m

Upcoming 2021 horror movie releases!

I just finished scouring the 2021 Fantastic Fest lineup (an annual movie festival devoted to screening the best, strangest, most original and eccentric international new releases) and I am so stoked about some of the upcoming horror releases. Between these and some of the other larger releases like the new Candyman reboot by Jordan Peele, it's SUCH a good time to be a horror fan again after the dismal, barren wasteland of 2020 and its lack of new releases (exception/shout out to the version of the Invisible Man that came out last year though, that was some very good shit).

Here are the trailers for the movies I'm most excited about. Are there any movies coming out soon that you're excited for?

Mad God
    Do you enjoy:
    - originality?
    - practical effects & stop-motion animation?
    - nightmare fuel that looks like an actual feverish nightmarish hellscape?
    when then does Mad God have a treat in store for you

Lamb
    I perk up the moment I see something is getting released by A24, but even for them this looks bizarre. Super excited for it.

Candyman
    Jordan Peele's releases are so good and the original Candyman is a personal favorite so I am very excited for this. I was hooked (hyuck hyuck) on this one the moment Tony Todd's voice makes an appearance in the trailer.

The Sadness
    absolutely deranged looking twist on the zombie genre. Nesting the trailer in spoilers because there is gore in it. A lot of it. Including in the preview image.

The Night House
    I didn't think much of this one when the trailer first started but by the end of it, it definitely had my attention.

Last Night in Soho
    Another one that crept up on me when I first saw the trailer. Cool visuals and looks like it's going to be creepy as hell too.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I really want to see Lamb and Candyman. I'm a massive A24 fan, you have great taste in film. Hereditary remains my favorite horror film ever made.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Candyman is my biggest anticipation for horror in 2021, but I'm also a bit apprehensive. The original left such a strong impression with me because of the whole urban legends thing. Tony Todd was seductive with his promising of immortality through victimhood. I just worry that that aspect will be lost in place of Peele's propensity for social commentary. Don't get me wrong - social commentary through the channel of horror is cool and helps get the message to a wider audience, but Candyman already had it. I guess I'm just worried it'll get slathered on so thickly that my favourite element of the original will be lost.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm VERY pumped to see Candyman. The original was the first horror movie I ever saw, which got me into horror movies to begin with. Peele has delighted me with his horror/thriller entries thus far, putting the thrill back in "thriller." I can't wait to see his take on this classic horror film that was so specifically themed on the power of stories.

When I first saw the trailer for "Lamb," I was like "ooh! oh? wait... wha.. huh??" A24 films are usually pretty entertaining and don't follow many cliches, but it looks very strange to say the least. I think I'll probably watch it, but I'm not necessarily waiting on the edge of my seat for it.

My most anticipated film however, isn't on your list and isn't strictly horror - The Witch Part 2! It's less horror and more sci-fi thriller, but part 1 had the same twists I enjoy in horror/thriller (and unfortunately a lot of the gore I hate from the genre in western films).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm wanting to see Camdyman due to all the hype it's getting!