46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Covid is Killing my progress :(

My family got wiped out with Covid about three weeks ago. (Yes we were vaccinated. Still got us!)
    While I'm back to being human, I have some long term tiredness and get winded easily.
    It really stinks, because I feel like I lost so much of the progress I was making working out, and now I'm losing motivation because what I can do is so limited.
    It's just a vicious cycle right now

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    If you're looking for advice, all I can say is you have to stop focusing on what's holding you back, what's in your way, and start focusing more on how you can continue moving forward and getting back into your routine.

Even though you're limited, you're not at your end. Keep going and push through whatever comes your way.

It helps to surround yourself with and follow motivational people or content creators. If you have IG, I recommend following The Rock. Dude wakes up at 3-4 AM to workout and get his day going. No excuses. He went from being a broke teenager to becoming the #1 paid actor, among many other achievements. His health is a huge contributing factor to his success.

Good luck @(you need an account to see links)! You got this.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Ambient (08-09-2021),Gato (08-10-2021),Gorilla (08-20-2021),Hollow (08-10-2021),Zenitsu (08-13-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Hey, I kind of get it!

I fortunately haven't had to deal with covid, but in the past I've developed other long-term issues that caused long term fatigue and body weakness, some of which goes back to a respiratory infection. For a long time I really struggled with this all or nothing mindset where I felt like working out or training wasn't worth it if I couldn't go all out the way I used to. It can be very demoralizing to have your max effort be something so little compared to where you used to be, but do your best to stop comparing yourself to that.

If you can, capture a sense of where you are right now and track your progress that way. You're gonna hold yourself in the vicious cycle if you keep comparing yourself to "before" instead of "just after". I can almost guarantee you can do more now than you could when covid first knocked you on your ass. It sucks to have lost so much so quickly, but that doesn't mean you can't regain it. Obviously don't lose sight of goals, but it's more motivating to see how far you've come than to look at how much you have left to go.

I imagine it's also really scary because this is still all so new and we don't really know yet how long it might take for those long-term effects to fade because there just hasn't been enough time to study it yet. I don't really have advice for that, tbh.

Good luck, listen to your body, and take it one day at a time!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ambient (08-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Sorry to hear

It can absolutely be difficult to find motivation to get back into physical exercise when you've taken a blow like that.
    If getting winded is putting too much of a damper in your routine, I'd recommend consulting a doctor about breathing exercises. I heard those may help dramatically, especially people who suffer respiratory struggles after COVID.
    If you cant find a content creator on IG (I can help look, too if you'd like), it may be worthwhile to hit up your gym and inquire about their personal trainers - During the lockdown it could be possible that trainers have been looking at how to help customers reach their goals after getting COVID or having a respiratory setback. There may be someone who specializes in modified exercises that don't strain your body too much.

I'm rooting for you!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Ambient (08-09-2021)

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    This hits home, the best advice i can give to you is don't pressure yourself to go back to the spot you were before the disease but try to take it as a new start after Covid; calmly and mindful so you don't demotivate or even hurt yourself!
    It is painfull to get back on progress, but don't consider it a loss! it ultimately helped you to overcome the illness, you're strong! !
    Many side effects take time to go away, please don't let them put you down, if you feel like you're struggling, you can go to a doctor or trainer to learn about some specific exercises for breathing and cardio; and correct times to make them, schelude them to keep you motivated! You will be able to see how much you're making now!

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

Ambient (08-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    You should probably start a journal keeping track of your symptoms. If they continue you may have long covid, which seems to be effecting a staggering amount of people.

You may need to break up your exercises into much shorter bursts done throughout the day. Treat it less as exercise and more as physical therapy, because your body may, in fact, be a little fucked up by what you went through. Be kind to yourself. Grieve if you need to. Things may have suddenly changed for you without realizing it, and if that's what's happened, your life is going to be different now, and it might hurt. I'm sorry.

DM me if you ever need someone to talk to. I have an autoimmune disorder similar enough to long covid that it's been part of recent studies.
    you talk to me you answer to my pig moomoo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhymes with Witch For This Useful Post:

Ambient (08-09-2021),kittyray (08-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Thank you everyone. You're all totally right. I need to look at my progress from where I am right now.
    The hard part is how proud I was of my progress before. I spent my whole life "skinny fat" and had no strength or endurance in anything. And the amount of time it took me to build the muscle I gained was crazy, just to see it all fall off within 2 weeks of being sick. Luckily, I think some of it is still in there somewhere, its just a bit soft right now. I am going to follow some your ideas, and keep a journal tracking where I progress from here, not from where I was! And I did follow a few more inspirational people and am in a few fitness groups on social media. Thanks for helping me think positive in a dark time everyone!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    155d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    EVen when I have taken multiple breaks due to this and that I do find it harder to get back into it in looking at where I was. We seem to forget the work that went in to getting there and expect those results right away as soon as we start up physical fitness again. Sadly its rarely the case especially as we age and our bodies change. I have to 100% agree with the top statements and avoid looking at where you were (it's a great goal to get there again for sure); but don't compare your current self to previous self. You'll get too down on yourself. Celebrate the fact the despite having COVID and are having long COVID symptoms that you are making the changes to get healthy and strong once again. Hang in there. It will take longer to progress due to your long COVID symptoms but don't let it discourage you. You're making all the right changes!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ambient (10-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambient View Post
    My family got wiped out with Covid about three weeks ago. (Yes we were vaccinated. Still got us!)
    While I'm back to being human, I have some long term tiredness and get winded easily.
    It really stinks, because I feel like I lost so much of the progress I was making working out, and now I'm losing motivation because what I can do is so limited.
    It's just a vicious cycle right now

Its indeed a difficult time. One thing I would like to say which is also very tough for you at the moment. Mentally, be strong and I was also shocked when my COVID test comes positive even after getting vaccine doses. Thing I realize is we have to be strong mentally. If we manage it then we can win from COVID shit.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stefysmith For This Useful Post:

Ambient (10-14-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Luckily, I have finally gotten back into working out, but it was super recently, and I pretty much feel like I'm starting over. I'm not very happy with where I am, but I'm going to keep trying. I do feel like COvid has had some long term impacts on my energy levels, which is a little heartbreaking, but I'm going to overcome some way, some how!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-14-2021),kittyray (10-14-2021),Pidgey (10-14-2021)