Thread: Problem with both 'Hannah and the Pirate Caves' and 'Hannah and the Ice Caves'. Help?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Problem with both 'Hannah and the Pirate Caves' and 'Hannah and the Ice Caves'. Help?

I'm experiencing the same problem in both 'Hannah and the Pirate Caves' and 'Hannah and the Ice Caves'. Both load just fine, but after I click to play and have the level load, when I press the spacebar to actually start, the page crashes. Is there any workaround for this?

I've played these two games before with no issues. I've played multiple other Shockwave games yesterday and today without any errors, but these two just won't work. Help?

* Edit: I made this post super late at night yesterday, so I went to bed and tried again today. I realized that I had not disabled that security thing you're supposed to in IE (forgot the name), so I went to the configurations and did that in hopes of the Hannah games working. Unfortunately, now they won't even load, instead it says "Sorry. It seems this game is not running in its intended location." For whatever reason, now the 3DVIA games work fine now, which before they didn't for me (and I had forgotten to mention here lol).

* Edit 2: I couldn't find a direct fix, which I kinda expected, but I have found a workaround! I've downloaded Safari 5 and both Hannah games work there without any issues for me. Leaving this info here in case it helps someone.
    Last edited by Unlucky; 08-02-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: New info + grammar fix
    so you were curious huh?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky View Post
    I'm experiencing the same problem in both 'Hannah and the Pirate Caves' and 'Hannah and the Ice Caves'. Both load just fine, but after I click to play and have the level load, when I press the spacebar to actually start, the page crashes. Is there any workaround for this?

I've played these two games before with no issues. I've played multiple other Shockwave games yesterday and today without any errors, but these two just won't work. Help?

* Edit: I made this post super late at night yesterday, so I went to bed and tried again today. I realized that I had not disabled that security thing you're supposed to in IE (forgot the name), so I went to the configurations and did that in hopes of the Hannah games working. Unfortunately, now they won't even load, instead it says "Sorry. It seems this game is not running in its intended location." For whatever reason, now the 3DVIA games work fine now, which before they didn't for me (and I had forgotten to mention here lol).

* Edit 2: I couldn't find a direct fix, which I kinda expected, but I have found a workaround! I've downloaded Safari 5 and both Hannah games work there without any issues for me. Leaving this info here in case it helps someone.
    Hi!

May I ask which shockwave version did you download?

I tried a few solutions but ended up having IE/Safari/Opera just stop working when I tried to run the games.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Hi!

May I ask which shockwave version did you download?

I tried a few solutions but ended up having IE/Safari/Opera just stop working when I tried to run the games.
    Hello. Sorry for the late answer. Shockwave version is 10.1.3.18. I haven't played in a few months though, I have to test it again, but so far it has worked since 2020 when I first installed it. Hope it helps
    so you were curious huh?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unlucky For This Useful Post:

Unown (02-15-2022)